Posted June 10, 2014
We loved this school. We moved last summer to the area and my child felt welcomed and happy here. We were lucky to have an excellent teacher that cares for the students and really loves her job.

Posted April 07, 2014
We only were able to attend this school for one year--as we moved and our kiddo is in 5th grade--but let me just say we LOVED it. Friendly school. Principal on the first day noticed my kid on the playground not knowing anyone, he walked up to my son and asked him to play tetherball with him. That is a principal who cares!

Posted November 28, 2013
We had the pleasure of having three children enrolled at MVES for the three years we were stationed in Colorado Springs with the Air Force. Having seen a number of schools across the country, to include the much vaunted schools of Fairfax County Virginia (outside of DC), I can attest that MVES is outstanding. I cannot imagine a better school. Great teachers, great administrators, and a great neighborhood of families with a common interest in the importance of our children's education. You can not do better than Mountain View. To any teachers from Mtn View reading this, THANK YOU for your service to our children. Well done!

Mountain View Elementary School 3

Posted February 11, 2013
I don't have any kids at this school, but visited to check out the school for one of my children. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. The technology seems to be advanced. The principal was nice to us, took time to answer our questions and give us a tour. We have not been highly impressed with district 20 schools, but this one is worth a second look.

Posted September 10, 2012
I went to this School from 3rd grade to half of 5th grade. I was terrible sad when i had to leave due to moving. I was in the TAG program With the greatest teacher ever. All My teachers were wonderful and helped me with any difficult problems that needed to be addressed. We have Come back after 2 years and we are trying to find a middle school for since i am going into 7th grade. Safety is a high priority here and i highly recommend this school for Children. Parents this is a wonderful school and your Children will Love it! :o)

Posted April 17, 2011
Active parent base, clean, new, safe, beautiful and test scores that beat the schools you've heard good things about. Mountain View is the best-kept secret in D20.

Mountain View Elementary School 3

Posted March 09, 2011
My youngest child has attended this school for several years. We chose the school based on reviews and test scores, which was a mistake. First, let me say that the teachers in this school are very good and among the best I have seen in the over 19 schools my children have attended (we are military), but the classes in MVE are recently filled to the brim, with almost 27-30 per class; this does not allow for quality education. There are also some serious 'clique' issues among girls, and a good amount of discipline problems with boys. With classes this large, it is difficult to provide optimum education on a one to one basis. Also, many of the parents are cliquish, with the super volunteers' children filling 'the most desirable teachers' classrooms , the front office rarely says 'hello' when parents enter, and the principal is invisible. I am moving my child next year, as she is miserable and constantly anxious about going to school, primarily due to the behavior of her classmates.. I know several parents who have moved their children to the Discovery Canyon, and rave about the difference, smaller classes with nicer kids! Test scores don't always mean the best environment for a child!

Posted September 28, 2010
We moved here from Florida where my daughter attended kindergarten at a fabulous school. It was hard moving a week before school started but my daughter has fallen in love with this school. She has an amazing first grade teacher! So far I am very happy with this school. I love the fact that they test the first week of school to see what levels the children are with their reading skills. My daughter is an advanced reader so she was put into an enrichment class for reading and math which I am thrilled with! HUGE parent involvement at this school!

Mountain View Elementary School 1

Posted September 14, 2010
Safety and security for students is NOT a priority at MVE. I have walked in the front doors many times and never been asked to sign in, wear a badge, NOTHING. I have roamed the halls during class time and no one has ever asked me to sign in at the front desk. The front desk staff do not speak, welcome a visitor or make any attempt to greet a person that is visiting. They are unfriendly and rude and put this school and the children that attend at risk. Also, the "kiss and go" drop-off is a big chaotic mess. Your child could easily wander off, get in a car he/she isn't suppose to get in, get HIT by a car, etc. It is very careless, neglectful and dangerous the way MVE puts the safety and security of our children / their students at risk!

Posted January 12, 2010
We moved to this area from Los Angeles approx 1 year ago. This is a wonderful neighborhood elementary school with great kids, involved parents, and outstanding teachers. We also appreciate the talented and gifted (TAG) program that is available to supplement the basic coursework. The '10' rating from greatschools.org is well deserved.

Mountain View Elementary School
10095 Lexington Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80920
Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top