Commerce City, CO

Posted November 12, 2014
I have three kids at Second Creek, and it's been a wonderful experience for all of us. All of the administrators have been extremely helpful and great to deal with and every teacher we've had has been wonderful. Our district has grown like crazy in the past few years and in my opinion, Second Creek has handled that growth well.

Posted June 21, 2014
5th grade My daughter absolutely loved how there wasn't any tall gates like at here old school,but she told me about this one girl who hates her a lot So I think there is a bullying problem also I think here it is harder for her to make friends with other kids a month later I told her she could hang out with her friends and she said "I don't have any" then I met a friend who also had a daughter in the same grade we got them to talk to each other and know she has lots of friends But I am afraid other people are going through the same thing staff should she kids that are just walking around or sitting all alone they should say I know this person they would be fun to hang out with why you go over and talk to her/him I would totally recommend this school for others

Posted February 18, 2014
Second Creek has been a great partner in both of my childrens education. Despite the handicap of having large classes the teachers' staff, administrators and even the PTO really come together and make it our home. We are pleased with our children's academic performance, and thrilled with their love of school. Thanks Second Creek, Go Bisons!

Second Creek Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2013
This school is horrible. I have been dealing with bully issues and the teacher is complaining that she has too many kids to deal with it and the principal is constantly putting me off. My son is not challenged at all and I worry that he is falling behind. I do work with him at school but I expect that he should get equally challenged if not more by trained educators. Very disappointed overall.

Second Creek Elementary School 1

Posted May 21, 2013
We move alot and have been to many schools. Second Creek is the worst so far. Unless you are volunteering and up in their face you will have no idea how your child is doing. I am really worried that when we move again my child will be really behind. Almost everyone that i know is trying to get their kids into charter's schools in the area to get them out of Second Creek. I am so thankful that mine got into one of them next year!

Posted May 21, 2013
My children (6 yrs & 8 yrs) have been attending Second Creek for 2 years, and I have been so pleased with our experience. They have had very dedicated teachers who have gone out of their way to make sure both children were being challenged, and they have taken a personal interest in my kids. I've also been impressed with the community feeling at the school. The principal, Ms. Simms, is very approachable, and the office staff are friendly and easy to work with. The PTO is amazing which just adds to the great feeling of community. We are a biracial family, and the other thing we love about Second Creek is that it is a racially diverse school. I really have only positive things to say about Second Creek.

Posted May 20, 2013
I have 2 kids that go or have gone to this school and we absolutely love it. We have had amazing teachers and the staff is always friendly and caring. Both of my children are A students and their state tests are always well above the national average, so I know they are getting the education they need. But as with everything in life, you get out of it what you put into it. We are active and involved in our school and we have had nothing but great experiences.

Posted May 20, 2013
My kids have been at this school for 2 years and we have been very pleased. Mrs. Sims is a fabulous principal; just the right combination of love and the toughness that children need. She and the teachers and the office staff have always been polite and helpful. This school deserves a much better rating then it has.

Posted May 20, 2013
Second Creek administrators and staff have been a treat from day one. We have been blessed with teachers that engage and make learning fun while making a strong push to bring out the best in my student. They displine in a loving and consistent manner that produces results in positive outcomes. The watchful eye on all aspects of the school from teacher to volunteer consistency is noticeable. Second Creek has built a sense of community for their families. The environment in which our kids learn is commendable. We feel welcomed each time we visit and know that our 3rd grader is getting the education needed to thrive. We mostly apprecite their continued effort to grow and improve to better serve our student.

Posted May 20, 2013
First, I find it interesting that Second Creek beats the state average in reading, math, and writing scores and yet gets a low rating. My kids are very different. My daughter was low in reading and my son was advanced. Second Creek teachers were able to help BOTH be successful. Mrs. Manes was great in helping my daughter improve and Mrs. Krenek kept my son challenged. I've been very pleased with their other teachers as well. Second Creek's PTO alone deserves bonus points added to Second Creek's score. They help bring everyone together to form a welcoming community. Great students, teachers, parents, administration, and PTO......Second Creek is second to none!

Second Creek Elementary School
9950 Laredo Dr, Commerce City, CO  80022
Last modified Second Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Second Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top