Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Very military base. Kids are not allowed to be kids. Took my son out for serval other reasons related to his well being, don't recommend this school at all.

I am a grandmother of a child that goes to CLA and I rate this shool a 5. This is a great school . They teach discipline and respect. My grandchild went to Central Elementary for a short time this year after going to CLA two years before and she was way ahead of The children in Central. She was one of the top three in her class at Central. I would recommend CLA over any other school,

I love that the school is strict,they work hard at keeping the students focused,so much time at their public school was playing,birthday parties,teachers spending so much time on disipline.This school is like having your child in a private school without the cost.The uniforms are great,and in this day and age of school violance. the security that this school provides gives me great piece of mind.Its a controlled enviroment thats not found in Public Schools.Great Teachers,My child is a first grader ,although he is not hispanic,he loves his friends and they speak english well,and have taught him some spanish.The children say school is hard,but are happy about being smart.

Very disapointed. The preschool program has great teachers, however, there is no color on the walls, they are not allowed to decorate leaving the children with little to look at. Boring. The rest of the school is strict with teachers screaming at kids, never OK. I don't think most of the teachers are very happy here. I am taking out one of my kids, my other two will have to finish out the year. There is NO parental involvment, this was my first but not last huge disapointment. Also, no field trips, no class parties, no excitement, no fun. Just work work work like adults. These are NOT adults, they're children, you HAVE to give them room to have fun. One of my children has done well, has a great teacher and is learning to read better then ever, but my other (who used to be a straight A student) is struggling. The principal is very intimidating and not personable. My kids have had racist comments thrown at them. The school feels threatened by parents wanting to get involved (they don't want you to see what's really going on behind the scenes I guess) and they don't even have a PTA! Not going there next year.

i am a student at CLA and i love it.sure we have to take tests every friday but we do activities before and after one.i may not like the uniforms but u got used to it since i have been there since kindergarten .many people drop down from grades but it is for their own good.parents and students may complain about that but it is for child's and your own good.teachers put us in lower grades because they want the best for us and to be succe.who knows, maybe you may be a doctor or a teacher or some thing else.since i have been there i have noticed my school go up,my grades and our protection.i really dont see any thing else that is wrong with my school. P.S. i am in 6th grade this year and my grades keep succeeding

One star is generous. I attended this school in the past. Everyday I was ridiculed by teachers and students for asking questions about the school's methods of teaching. Being a white person in the school (which makes up 3% of the student population) is unheard of. I was bullied everyday for not being "Mexican enough" and was bullied even worse for standing up for the African American community. I gave nothing against anyone, but I don't tolerate hate. Education is poor, and by the end of my Math semester, I was remedial when I should be well above proficient as I was Advanced in all other subjects. If you want a nonbiased actual education, Commerce City is not the city for it.

My School Is A Bad School Because they don't have lockers {Victory Prep Acadamy} Kids should only be carrying 10% Of their body Weight and I an carrying 23% And getting back pain because of that. I am also not getting treated equally because i get in Trouble for being in skinny jeans when I am not the only one

Community Leadership Academy is a great school. I'm really happy with my child performed, she loves school, only is was a little less homework, my kids have to take the bus, wake up 6:40, be in school from 8-4 then came about 4:30, then dinner time, homework, bath, bedtime, is really hard, they have to enjoy being kids too.

I am torn... I feel like all this school teaches is preparation to take tests. The homework that my son has is 3 pages every night of writing sentences 5 times each. He learns nothing from this homework. It reminds me of when a child gets in trouble and they have to write a sentence 50 times. Every Friday is test day and the child has to take tests all day long. There is no room for creativity or fun while learning. But this school is 70 out of 1000 top schools in an area where most of the schools are in the 800 and 900 s.

I don't know why there's so many low ratings but CLA is an excellent school. I can tell you because i'm a student there and i have no complaints. if you dont believe me look at the CSAP scores and compare them to the other schools in our area. the numbers don't lie. Everyday I wake up looking forward to going their. One of the best things about this organization is the enviroment. There is never bullying or any fights at our school and the staff is absolutely incredible. Thanks to this school my future is brighter than it would've been in any other school

Last modified Community Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.