Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted April 03, 2016
I had 3 children attend Landmark through 8th grade. We started when they opened 9 years ago. Here is the true story..yes many teachers have left due to different circumstances. Marriage, children, husbands getting new jobs, tired of a long commute, and yes, for more money. The first principal, while good with the parents, did not always do what was right/best for the students. The new principal puts the students learning and safety first and foremost! People should look up the definition of Bullying before they continue to say there is a lot of bullying at the school. Some kids are just mean and haven't been taught compassion, respect or integrity at home! The teachers have shown genuine caring for my children and always encouraged them to do their best. As a freshman in high school my daughter was placed in a sophomore math class thanks to the middle school math teachers! No school is perfect, but Landmark goes above and beyond in all areas! Become involved, help out in your child's class& get to know others.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted March 04, 2016
Some teachers care some don't some don't want to be there they spend more time interacting with each other about what they're going to do over the weekend then teaching especially when most of these teachers are first-year teachers that are fresh out of school not all or an issue but some are especially when you are in a teachers lounge and you hear them talking about going out and partying and drinking and there's a student standing there

Grateful to: Parent

Posted February 22, 2016
I feel happy with myself for standing up and confronting issues with the staff. I couldn't ignore those horrible issues, my child depends on me to do the right thing and stand up for what is fair and just. So I proud of myself for doing the tough thing.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 22, 2016
Because the students have to endure rude callous teachers all day the students have adapted the same additudes. These students can be downright mean and uncaring. The moral focus curriculum falls short when it comes to humanity issues and staff sets the poor example here. The school has a very negative feel to it. Everyone is so pretentious arrogant and rude

Posted June 18, 2014
This is a great school. My child enrolled in the 2010-2011 school year and I could not be happier with his experieince. Teachers are caring and professional. The office staff is kind and thoughtful. The administation is all about doing the right thing for kids. The parents and community own this school like its their own. We were a bit scared of middle school when our child reached that age. To our delight, the middle school team has been great in helping the kids through a tough part of life. The let the middle school kids be themselves while still holding them to a high set of moral and academic standards. The elementary team is fantastic. Each teacher is avaialble and engaged in their work.

Posted June 17, 2014
We enrolled our children at Landmark starting the 2008-2009 school year. At the time the school was leaps and bounds above the other schools in the area. My children were challenged on a daily basis and always had something to talk about. That is until the 2011-2012 school year when a new principal came in. Class sizes ballooned (29+:1 ratio), test scores fell, bullying became rampant, and the school is now overloaded. The new principal ran off a lot of great teachers due to his inability to properly handle situations and support the teachers. Parents were pushed to the side in favor of allowing the "inmates to run the asylum" as it were. Despite requesting several meetings with the teachers and principal this past school year I was threatened with being charged criminally for being "too involved" in my childrens' education. We stuck it out for the last few months of the school year for the sake of our kids as we were moving anyway. If you can avoid this school I would. While there are still some good solid teachers still at this school they do not have good leadership, or any leadership at all really. Perhaps home schooling would be a better alternative.

Posted April 03, 2014
I have two kids who started at Landmark for the 2013-2014 school year and both absolutely love this school. They have a rigorous curriculum and I am very impressed on how the teachers strive to advanced each student's knowledge from beginning of the year to the end, My son is in kindergarten, my daughter is in 6th grade and I am awe of what they have learned. My son is reading at a 1st and 2nd grade level as a kindergartner! and my daughter has developed a healthy self confidence that she tries out and participates in many extracurricular activities. We came from a long standing rated 'best school system in Colorado" to here and my daughter was BEHIND in math. she has caught up quickly. I love this school so much that I will be sad when they have to leave for high school . I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 15, 2014
I like to find the good in all situations and sadly there are very few positives about Landmark. And, the bad significantly outweigh the good. First, I do not understand why there is such a demand to get into this school. I bought into the hype of oh, it has to be great since the waiting list is so long. However, the lack of warmth from the staff is disappointing. The dean is very approachable, thank heavens. But, the teachers do not welcome you in the classroom. The school hides from issues verses addressing them head-on. For example, easy access to inappropriate online photos available to youngsters. How can this happen?! The positives are the uniforms, however...lead by example...if you are to enforce a proper dress code and tucking your shirt in...then, the adults should have to as well! "Tattling" is pushed on to the kids from the teachers...which scares me because they are sort of bullying the kids into keeping their mouth shut. And, my one child was afraid to tell me something and finally wrote it down. Sadly, I could go on... :( On a plus, most of the parents whose children attend are wonderful and truly care.

Posted December 17, 2013
I have just recently read the reviews since we have had an issue in the middles school with Bulling. It seems may parents are unhappy with the school ability to deal with the issue. I have figured out why, their teachers are bullies. If a child speaks up about a teacher's unfair treatment of them, after school and very appropriately they are bullied by the teacher. The staff would rather be right then do what is right. They will Lie and change the situation. In our instance the teacher admitted to calling my son a cheater and a liar both were decided she was wrong but no apology or anything to rectify the situation. So when they have a staff full of Bullies you can expect the students to mirror that behavior. My middle school son won't be there anymore I suggest parents speak up! It will make it harder on them but someone has to stand up to the BULLIES

Posted September 23, 2013
Landmark's a great school. They have reached out to me on ideas to push my son such as tutoring and after school events. My son has never played Lacrosse but has stated he would like to try it. Landmark has opened different opportunities for my son and I am very excited for this school year.

10566 Memphis St, Commerce City, CO  80022
Last modified Landmark Academy At Reunion is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.