Public charter
Commerce City, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted June 18, 2014
This is a great school. My child enrolled in the 2010-2011 school year and I could not be happier with his experieince. Teachers are caring and professional. The office staff is kind and thoughtful. The administation is all about doing the right thing for kids. The parents and community own this school like its their own. We were a bit scared of middle school when our child reached that age. To our delight, the middle school team has been great in helping the kids through a tough part of life. The let the middle school kids be themselves while still holding them to a high set of moral and academic standards. The elementary team is fantastic. Each teacher is avaialble and engaged in their work.

Posted June 17, 2014
We enrolled our children at Landmark starting the 2008-2009 school year. At the time the school was leaps and bounds above the other schools in the area. My children were challenged on a daily basis and always had something to talk about. That is until the 2011-2012 school year when a new principal came in. Class sizes ballooned (29+:1 ratio), test scores fell, bullying became rampant, and the school is now overloaded. The new principal ran off a lot of great teachers due to his inability to properly handle situations and support the teachers. Parents were pushed to the side in favor of allowing the "inmates to run the asylum" as it were. Despite requesting several meetings with the teachers and principal this past school year I was threatened with being charged criminally for being "too involved" in my childrens' education. We stuck it out for the last few months of the school year for the sake of our kids as we were moving anyway. If you can avoid this school I would. While there are still some good solid teachers still at this school they do not have good leadership, or any leadership at all really. Perhaps home schooling would be a better alternative.

Posted April 03, 2014
I have two kids who started at Landmark for the 2013-2014 school year and both absolutely love this school. They have a rigorous curriculum and I am very impressed on how the teachers strive to advanced each student's knowledge from beginning of the year to the end, My son is in kindergarten, my daughter is in 6th grade and I am awe of what they have learned. My son is reading at a 1st and 2nd grade level as a kindergartner! and my daughter has developed a healthy self confidence that she tries out and participates in many extracurricular activities. We came from a long standing rated 'best school system in Colorado" to here and my daughter was BEHIND in math. she has caught up quickly. I love this school so much that I will be sad when they have to leave for high school . I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 15, 2014
I like to find the good in all situations and sadly there are very few positives about Landmark. And, the bad significantly outweigh the good. First, I do not understand why there is such a demand to get into this school. I bought into the hype of oh, it has to be great since the waiting list is so long. However, the lack of warmth from the staff is disappointing. The dean is very approachable, thank heavens. But, the teachers do not welcome you in the classroom. The school hides from issues verses addressing them head-on. For example, easy access to inappropriate online photos available to youngsters. How can this happen?! The positives are the uniforms, however...lead by example...if you are to enforce a proper dress code and tucking your shirt in...then, the adults should have to as well! "Tattling" is pushed on to the kids from the teachers...which scares me because they are sort of bullying the kids into keeping their mouth shut. And, my one child was afraid to tell me something and finally wrote it down. Sadly, I could go on... :( On a plus, most of the parents whose children attend are wonderful and truly care.

Posted December 17, 2013
I have just recently read the reviews since we have had an issue in the middles school with Bulling. It seems may parents are unhappy with the school ability to deal with the issue. I have figured out why, their teachers are bullies. If a child speaks up about a teacher's unfair treatment of them, after school and very appropriately they are bullied by the teacher. The staff would rather be right then do what is right. They will Lie and change the situation. In our instance the teacher admitted to calling my son a cheater and a liar both were decided she was wrong but no apology or anything to rectify the situation. So when they have a staff full of Bullies you can expect the students to mirror that behavior. My middle school son won't be there anymore I suggest parents speak up! It will make it harder on them but someone has to stand up to the BULLIES

Posted September 23, 2013
Landmark's a great school. They have reached out to me on ideas to push my son such as tutoring and after school events. My son has never played Lacrosse but has stated he would like to try it. Landmark has opened different opportunities for my son and I am very excited for this school year.

Posted July 15, 2013
Landmark is the best option in the area for an elementary/middle school. I would rather my children attend here than the other public schools. Last year Landmark was rated a B+ as a neighboring school was rated an F. As long as we are in the area. I will not send my children elsewhere.

Landmark Academy At Reunion 2

Posted July 04, 2013
We are moving on. Both our kids will not be returning in 2013- 2014. Definitely not a 7 school. Was a great school in the first few years, but slowly declined after the first principle left. Bullying is a big problem we had there that wasn't taken care of properly. Also I agree with another parent who said her child with learning disabilities was basically in the way of their 7 score. The turnover of teachers every year makes me wonder. However since most of my time spent last year dealing with bullying issues against our kid was falling on deaf ears with the admins there, I think I may have an idea.

Posted June 24, 2013
Just because it is a 7.. It is not the Best. Hearing Horror stories from parents about this school. Kept my child on the wait list for this school and I am so glad I am with drawing my request. Thank you for letting me know the true scoop about this school!!!

Posted April 27, 2013
Landmark Academy is one of the worst schools I've been too, im extremely impressed with how they can really SQUASH the fun in anything, for an example at an assembly a kindergardner clapped after a certain announcement and the was taken out by the princable and looked like a stern talking to out side the door. As a student undiagnosed with ADD I was labeled LAZY, STUPID, AND NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEIR SCHOOL! I have letters and emails to my Mom saying so. Sure their academics are through the roof, they start cramming COLLEGE into elementary kids! And then stress you out about it for your whole time there and it continues to stress you out even after you graduate! They are not there emotionally for their students, my little sister was severely bullied for 4 years, we voices it so many times I can't even count, the problem contenued though. Their teachers either pay attention to you and help you or like how they where with me is they ignored me to the best of their abilities. I agree with all of the ratings below under a 3 star and are unbelievably true,Landmark Academy is the worst school to send you child, coming from a student..

Landmark Academy At Reunion
10566 Memphis St, Commerce City, CO  80022
Last modified Landmark Academy At Reunion is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Landmark Academy At Reunion Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 204 reviews. Top