Bad
Good

At the last PTC we went to I was absolutely shocked to find out a couple things that the teachers do. The first thing is the language arts teacher gives at least 50% credit to kids on assignments that aren't done, handed in or just plain missing. Her explanation was that 50% is still an F but is easier to come back from if the student starts trying to get caught up.So basically a kid can do half the work in class and as long as it's A work he can walk out with a C. Not OK in my book. Second, the math teacher gave my child a very high A in her class yet I find myself constantly struggling through it with him. He comes home not knowing the process or the terms they use. Her explanation of this was that homework was only 10% of their grade because " a lot of kids don't do it anyways, and the ones that do we don't know how much help they're getting, or if their brother's doing it for them" . Also not OK. I feel like this school is just ushering these kids through to high school where they'll actually get educated and hopefully learn a little about accountability and work and not as much about excuses and loopholes. I'm not even that old but wow, have the schools changed.

Its awsome its fun and I always look forward to going to school there's counselers to help. Out and the teachers a spectacular

I like the school as a whole, but do agree that the communication is not where it should be. Teachers can not expect the students to let the parents know how their grades are, and by the time the parents get the progress report, it could be to late. I have not recieved what days the students are out of school and don't know until my son comes home and tells me he heard it on the loud speaker. I can not attend the parent meetings because I am at work, this does not in any way mean that I am not involved in my sons education and that I don't care! I believe that some of the teachers care more about the children than others, but that will happen at any school....

oh man i go to this school and besides the bad influences lol this school is amazing!!!! i recomend it because it has great oppurtunities!

I think that ACMS is doing a great job given the types of children they are trying to educate. I think that most of the teachers are doing a great job and try to teach even though most of the students have no respect for education or adults. I think ACMS tries to get parents involved but most of them do not care. I know that the parent meetings are attended by only one or two parents! I think that until parents step up and take an active role in their kids lives the schools will struggle. It is not the schools job to parent kids it is the parents job.

Last modified Adams City Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.