Commerce City, CO
Students enrolled: 1,689

Posted November 24, 2014
My students are phenomenal. Bright, eager and ready to take on the world! We have a community and staff that are always willing to go the extra mile when needed. I can't imagine working anywhere else. I consider myself fortunate because I enjoy going to work everyday.

Adams City High School 1

Posted January 29, 2014
I graduated from this school #5 in my class. Unfortunately, I found that this was meaningless when I got to college since I had apparently learned nothing that was needed as a prerequisite for college level classes. I spent an entire year of college learning what should have been available at ACHS, but was not . ACHS was and still is nothing but a young adult and "thug wannabe" day care. I suppose I should feel lucky that I escaped with my life. The teachers just go through the motions but just want to process the kids out of their classes every year. The administrators are looking to just get paid. The sports coaches are just bullies and morons who can't get a better job elsewhere. This was simply a waste of time when I could have been learning something valuable. Instead, I just learned how to avoid getting beaten up by the gangs, and how to... well I guess that was actually about it. Anyone that has any thought of sending their child to this school has to understand that they are likely condemning their child to a lifetime of failure or, at best, mediocrity. Stay away, far away.

Posted August 29, 2013
My son goes to this school and I am happy about that. This is his second year and it is off to a great start. He is not an athletic person but he has joined football. The player took him in like he has been there for year. Great group of kids as for the coaches they are also amazing. They talk to me and give me all the information I need and ask for. I had my doubts about this school but I was wrong. Dont always believe what you are told.

Adams City High School 2

Posted August 14, 2013
I dont know how anyone could have a good opinion of this school sports staff the football coaches do not return phone calls or emails and neither does the athletic director, the contract that they have the parents and children sign every year says that the coach is responsible for and supposed to clearly communicate all events, changes in practice times, fundraisers, games, etc... to the parents and I nor my husband have ever gotten any clear communication from any of the 3 coaches, matter of fact we went to a fundraiser a few weeks ago and my husband and I got two different stories in one day from the same coach regarding what the new practice schedule was going to be. Poor communication is a huge pet peeve of mine and should not be going on in high school especially by the staff if they expect our students to communicate their needs clearly then they are in desperate need to do so them selves. How can we as parents be involved in our child/ren education if their is not communication from the school. In my opinion this school needs an entire new sports staff. I'm praying to be out of this schools district ASAP.

Posted October 22, 2012
Adams City High School is a school in which the idea of family is embraced. Athletes are encouraged to do well in classes by all coaching staff. Coaches are excellent, caring for the student and the athlete. They hold their teams to high standards. The teachers are caring and patient embracing their diverse students. The ROTC progam is above all others in the Denver Metro area. We choiced our student into this school and it has made such a difference.

Posted May 03, 2010
this school encouraged my daughter and son to go on and continue to college.

Adams City High School
7200 Quebec Parkway, Commerce City, CO  80022
Last modified Adams City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams City High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top