Commerce City, CO
Students enrolled: 1,689

Posted November 24, 2014
My students are phenomenal. Bright, eager and ready to take on the world! We have a community and staff that are always willing to go the extra mile when needed. I can't imagine working anywhere else. I consider myself fortunate because I enjoy going to work everyday.

Adams City High School 1

Posted January 29, 2014
I graduated from this school #5 in my class. Unfortunately, I found that this was meaningless when I got to college since I had apparently learned nothing that was needed as a prerequisite for college level classes. I spent an entire year of college learning what should have been available at ACHS, but was not . ACHS was and still is nothing but a young adult and "thug wannabe" day care. I suppose I should feel lucky that I escaped with my life. The teachers just go through the motions but just want to process the kids out of their classes every year. The administrators are looking to just get paid. The sports coaches are just bullies and morons who can't get a better job elsewhere. This was simply a waste of time when I could have been learning something valuable. Instead, I just learned how to avoid getting beaten up by the gangs, and how to... well I guess that was actually about it. Anyone that has any thought of sending their child to this school has to understand that they are likely condemning their child to a lifetime of failure or, at best, mediocrity. Stay away, far away.

Posted August 29, 2013
My son goes to this school and I am happy about that. This is his second year and it is off to a great start. He is not an athletic person but he has joined football. The player took him in like he has been there for year. Great group of kids as for the coaches they are also amazing. They talk to me and give me all the information I need and ask for. I had my doubts about this school but I was wrong. Dont always believe what you are told.

Adams City High School 2

Posted August 14, 2013
I dont know how anyone could have a good opinion of this school sports staff the football coaches do not return phone calls or emails and neither does the athletic director, the contract that they have the parents and children sign every year says that the coach is responsible for and supposed to clearly communicate all events, changes in practice times, fundraisers, games, etc... to the parents and I nor my husband have ever gotten any clear communication from any of the 3 coaches, matter of fact we went to a fundraiser a few weeks ago and my husband and I got two different stories in one day from the same coach regarding what the new practice schedule was going to be. Poor communication is a huge pet peeve of mine and should not be going on in high school especially by the staff if they expect our students to communicate their needs clearly then they are in desperate need to do so them selves. How can we as parents be involved in our child/ren education if their is not communication from the school. In my opinion this school needs an entire new sports staff. I'm praying to be out of this schools district ASAP.

Posted October 22, 2012
Adams City High School is a school in which the idea of family is embraced. Athletes are encouraged to do well in classes by all coaching staff. Coaches are excellent, caring for the student and the athlete. They hold their teams to high standards. The teachers are caring and patient embracing their diverse students. The ROTC progam is above all others in the Denver Metro area. We choiced our student into this school and it has made such a difference.

Adams City High School 5

Posted May 03, 2010
this school encouraged my daughter and son to go on and continue to college.

Posted May 03, 2010
This high school is great.The extracurricular activities are awsome. The teachers care about the students and the counslers have improved. Most People that I know who have gone here have went off to college and alot of my friends are planning on going to college even the people who were not planning on it because, the teachers encouraged them to go to college.Personally I want to go to college and get a great education to start out my life. I appreciate all the teachers and their hard work to teach us to the best of their abilities.

Posted November 17, 2008
Adams City High School since i have attended, and still attend has been the best experience. The principal Mr.PAxton is the best he is very interacted with the kids and loves being involved in ordinary school work. The classes are amazing i get everything i need from the brand new curriculum. Mr.Paxton has fought hard in order to build us a brand new casmpus opening in august!!!

Adams City High School 1

Posted August 14, 2008
I went there the first three years that the school was open, I remember the school being in a church the first year and had no lockers. Since there were no lockers we had to carry allour books each day every day to all our classes, I have been having back problems for 6 years all because of that. The teachers tried I will give them that much credit. I honestly believe that the best teacher came the second year Mr. Mark Johnson. I learned more from him in study hall ' LTP' then I did in my other classes. I would not let any one I know sent their kids to this school, it was hard to get my dipolma on time from my next school.

Adams City High School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
As a student who graduated from this school I can honestly say I did not get everything I wanted out of this school. The discipline was completely inadequate. However I feel the reviews are wrong in saying that the teachers themselves do not care, from what I experienced they do care but to not have the support of the administration to do what is needed to really help the students. The counselors where more interested in what they thought was best rather than what the student really wanted. The extracurricular activities were great when there was funding but a fair bit of the time there was no support to get things done and too much responsibility fell on the student where it should not have. The classes are over crowded and the sports influence is higher than it should have been.

7200 Quebec Parkway, Commerce City, CO  80022
Last modified Adams City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams City High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top