Cotopaxi Junior-Senior High School 1

Posted January 27, 2014
I don't go to this school and I don't even live in cotopaxi BUT I have a friend who attends this school and from what I've heard I am appalled. They were forced to go to school on MLK day which is a federal holiday. That meaning they should not be forced to attend. Then I later learned they have no honors classes. Thus denying the opportunity for students to be educated to the best extent. With an entire 9th grade class consisting of about 17 students these teenagers are not getting the learning environment they deserve. I would not recomend this school. Maybe I am not informed enough on the quality of the school but from what I've heard I am sincerely disappointed.

Posted October 02, 2013
My child has attended Cotopaxi Elementary and Junior High for 6 years now. I have been amazed at the quality of teachers encounted grade after grade. For the first four years I was able to volunteer each week in the classroom with the kids. I saw hands-on the level of education that was provided. My child does volleyball in the first semester, no sport in the second, and track in the third. So I have experience with both sides of the sports / P.E. offerings and I see nothing wrong with the program. The small school atmosphere, I myself love. I know most of the kids and a lot of the parents which is very nice when any sort of conflict does arise between kids at the school. A quick call or email to either the parent or the principal and the situation is usually resolved quite painlessly and the kids can get back to learning.

Cotopaxi Junior-Senior High School 1

Posted January 25, 2011
Cotopaxi Middle School on the outside looks like a great environment, low student teacher ratio, small town, and an opportunity for your child to play in any sport they offer. But that's where it stops. Smaller in no way makes it better. How a school that small can lose sight of their students is beyond me. This school reminds me of a school in the rural south in the 1960's. If you or your child doesn't go to the Cotopaxi community church you are an instant outcast. If your child doesn't go out for sports, they are almost punished in what they refer to as P.E. I'm certain this class would not measure up to US standard in this area. You see sports practice is held at the same time as P.E. so real coaches are not available to teach kids the fundamentals of fitness or different sports. This school was an accademic joke, they spend countless days and hours to prep children on the state test that are done once a year the results of this school are misleading. Glad we are now in an area where education amounts to something

Posted March 31, 2008

Posted August 23, 2007
Cotopaxi is a great school where students get a chance to participate in whatever they choose. It is small enough that any student who wants to may try all the sports, or band, drama, art contests and a wide selection of clubs. Cotopaxi participates in the reading first program, helping the students to be some of the best readers in the state. My children find that it is a great place to find friends and the teachers teach respect and values. I give Cotopaxi School an A+.

Cotopaxi Junior-Senior High School
345 County Rd 12, Cotopaxi, CO  81223
Last modified Cotopaxi Junior-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cotopaxi Junior-Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top