Posted May 05, 2014
We have lived in Del Norte since my child started elem. School.. always had awesome teachers and help.. very opposite now.. rude secretary.. rude principal..My child has been badgered by teachers, even ones that are supposed to be teaching higher grades.. my baby's confidence has been slowly erased. .why is my child uncomfortable all day? not even allowed to smile& is upset when we come home.. high valley community center gives some sense of concern since they help so much with the confidence issue and homework! I wish we could round up some parents and get this issue resolved.. more and more kids are growing up this way. .my child has always been' happy go lucky' . I love that! Not a hyper kid either. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to all those Teachers who make a difference..you know if you love your job or not.I think parent involvement would be at an all time high, if the phone was at least answered courteous and respectfully.. everyone..even teachers, secretary and principal should be encouraged to wear their smiles to school. New rule.. they are still kids..Take a deep breath and realize, you got to choose your job. Most children cannot choose what middle school they go to.

Posted March 15, 2013
What a shame can't even get the school board to handle issues, It's really nice that they allow teachers to get away with the things they do here...my kids must not have the same teachers as this lady did.

Posted August 26, 2012
Wow! It would really be a shame if the words of the bitter parent below were taken as a true reflection of Del Norte Middle School. Four of my children have gone through Del Norte Middle School, and I have found it to be an excellent school. The school has been recognized by the State of Colorado numerous times for the consistent, outstanding growth of their students. The principal was the Colorado Middle School Principal of the year a couple of years ago, and it is repeatedly on the list of Colorado's best middle schools. My students did well there, were treated respectfully by staff and students, and performed well on their tests. I feel the middle school held them accountable for learning, and they did learn. They were all well prepared for high school. In short, they flourished in this school. The teachers are excellent, and I would, without a doubt, recommend the school to other parents. It is, unequivocally, the best middle school in the San Luis Valley.

Posted August 23, 2012
That is wierd I'm glad the after school program helped someone's kids, maybe they were the only ones. Everything I heard was that it did no good and it wasn't tutoring it was more like boot camp.

Posted June 12, 2012
This school is so horrible It doesnt deserve a 1 star rating. Never, Never send your children to school here, if you ever have a problem good luck with getting it handled all the way through. Papers are not graded and kids are punsihed for people not doing their jobs.

Posted June 12, 2012
My child needed to be in a more challenging environment but, getting staff to recognize this is impossible, moved my child to a nearby school and she is found to be in a grade higher. Frustrating.....

Del Norte Middle School 0

Posted February 18, 2010
DNMS is an awesome school. Excellent teachers. Super administration and support staff.

Posted March 06, 2009

Posted August 24, 2006

Del Norte Middle School
855 Oak St, Del Norte, CO  81132
Last modified Del Norte Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Norte Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top