Denver, CO

Valley View K-8 1

Posted June 09, 2015
Terrible place. The teachers will speak to and treat your child however they want and they will not have any repercussion. They take frustrations directly to the kids instead of addressing the issues at-hand in a professional manner. They throw rude comments and single out kids. My child does not like this school because of the way the teachers intimidate and bully him. They retaliate on your kid if you speak up and try to reason with them as a parent. The principal says she wants the kids to feel comfortable going to talk to the teachers themselves about anything but how is that possible when the kids are treated badly by them?! They target your child and belittle them instead of encouraging and supporting them. My child is a very respectful and smart kid but all because I spoke up about the rude and unprofessional comments, they didn't like that and retaliated. My child always had good grades!! You'd think what was the problem then, right? The problem is the teachers with their attitudes and the way they treat the kids. Not worth sending your kid here.

Valley View K-8 2

Posted November 06, 2014
Academically this school is good...but it lacks in other areas. My child is not happy here, it's his first year and he will not attend next year. When you walk into the school it smells like poop, dirty disgusting...it's nauseating. The parent teacher conference with one teacher in particular I won't say her name But she's a 6th grade teacher, it was a joke! The gifted program seems non-existent...we told the school At the beginning of the year that our child is gifted, here it is November and he STILL has not been tested! What's the holdup? This school also has a bullying problem, my child was the victim in one incident It was resolved but it still continues among the other students...know why? Because they have no cameras At this school! Of course kids are going to fight and cause problems If there are no cameras...it's not rocket science. I give this school 2 stars only for the academics.

Posted June 28, 2011
i love this school! My kids had learned a lot in the short time they have been in that school. Is one of the best decision I have ever made. You would be happy if you choose this school.

Valley View K-8 1

Posted April 22, 2011
over all, this is a good school and it shows it, i do believe that the principles should get more involved it the students and not the punishment

Posted February 01, 2011
Awesome school!! My daughter has been there since k and now in the 3rd grade and very happy with it ..She has learned so much..Teachers are great!! Loving the new principal and some new changes..Can't wait till nexted year.

Posted September 20, 2010
My son goes to Kindy here and loves it. His teacher is so nice and is so good with all the kiddos.

Valley View K-8 2

Posted March 23, 2010
I am very disappointed in this school it has gone down hill very quickly. At one time it was a great school, now... I would rather homeschool my kids

Valley View K-8 3

Posted November 01, 2006
I have watched the school decline in the past two years due to district wide changes and the fact that the school has had 3 different principals in as many years. Constant change is not good for the students or teachers. Valley View was once the only school in this district or any other near by district that I would consider sending my children to, but now I am rethinking that decision. They have made all grade levels into self contained classrooms (they were not all like that last year or in previous years) and in my opinion it is making learning more difficult for older children. By the was this is a K-8 school now, not just K-6.

Posted March 23, 2005
i love valley view. it is the best school.

Posted September 20, 2004
This is the best school in the south Thornton area. Student scores far exceed state averages.

Valley View K-8
660 West 70th Ave, Denver, CO  80221
Last modified Valley View K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View K-8 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top