School principal icon 130x130 140902

Scott Carpenter is truly well on its way to be a world class middle school
Posted August 25, 2016

M. Scott Carpenter Middle School 1

Posted September 15, 2014
This is our first year at Scott Carpenter middle school. So far the experience has been disappointing. There seems to be a lot of racial bullying going on. We have raised our kids not to judge others by the color of their skin but by their actions. It would be a great thing if all parents educated their children in the same manner.

Posted August 23, 2013
I have my own history with Scott Carpenter. I attended school @Scott from 1979-1980, yes I know was a lifetime ago. Now presently my child attends there. The teachers strive to help their students be the best they can be and are very genuine about it. Scott Carpenter truly is deserving of this money and would put it to very good use as any school would. Parents being supportive of their children and getting totally involved in their education, creates a huge positive impact for the kids. I believe as parents we should not only acknowledge and praise our children's achievements but let them know all they can do try their best. Failure is a part of life that's how we learn from our experience's and keep moving forward. Let your child know it's ok to ask questions never be embarrassed, no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to being in the classroom. Good Luck Scott and do hope it comes to you.I wish all schools could actually be so fortunate. Education is one of the most important valuable tools in life, our children are the future of our nations.

M. Scott Carpenter Middle School 1

Posted March 15, 2010
I dont like this school at all my child had been in too many fights because of the students are not behabed.

Posted May 18, 2009
This has been one of the best schools I have worked in. The staff is very supportive and helpful. We really work as a team. The students have tons of good stuff to say about the teachers who work with them because of the good relationships we build with our students. Other teachers and principals who have visited our school for the day always say how impressed they are. We have a couple of 'teacher of the year' in the building...all staff is awesome here!

M. Scott Carpenter Middle School 2

Posted September 25, 2008
I dont realy care for this school theres a new staff and its not to loving

Posted June 16, 2005
Great school. the parents are involved and the teachers care. they are great at sports and have won many championships has 3 music programs and students had a change to paint a murial.

Posted December 13, 2004
My child attended Scott in 2002, and I'm pleased with many things about this school. The principal and vice principal (Gonzales and Ewerks) were very proactive and involved with the students' general daily behavior and safety. The sixth grade teachers were outstanding, and their projects were very hands-on, highly participatory, and challenging. We particularly loved the Social Studies 'Immigration' theme, where students study and then physically reenact Ellis Island. I was stunned on reading Scott's CSAP scores. Then I found out that, in essence, you can't trust the numbers when it comes to a diverse public school that serves a bilingual and learning disabled population. I believe the school's (very) low over-all CSAP scores are due in part to the practice of counting all students' scores, including ESL students who are made to take the level test of their grade (!!!). I was pleased with my child's scores and over-all learning.

M. Scott Carpenter Middle School
7001 Lipan Street, Denver, CO  80221
Last modified M. Scott Carpenter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.