PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have 4 kids at this school, I have to say that they came from a great school and I was afraid that St James would not meet my expectations.... wrong!! the children are happy and learning a lot, they were totally integrated on the first couple of weeks, the teachers are great, and the Principal is amazingly supportive, and the best thing is that it is a real catholic school, the teaching are genuine and according to the Catholic Church, I totally recommend it.

As a parent of two students at St. James, I can attest to the strong moral character and quality of education my children have received over the past several years. Are the children required to perform? Yes. Are there rules that they have to follow? Yes. Does this anger some that attend? Absolutely, but it s probably good in the end. The students receive a great education and a traditional foundation in the Catholic faith. Some may find that difficult or even inflexible, but for me, it is nothing less than refreshing. Imagine that, a Catholic school that is truly Catholic. St. James is a wonderful school and I very happy that they are a beacon of light in what can otherwise be a world of watered-down Catholicism.

This school used to be wonderful with great academics and a terrific atmosphere for the students as well as their families. Unfortunately, things have changed drastically : the constant staff turnover and the fluctuation of the calander is ridiculous and I'm extremely disappointed with the consequence system. Some of the teachers have absolutely no regard for especting the parents. I know of one instance where a child spoke one word while walking down the hallway with his class and his mother was called in from work in the middle of the day; all because her child said "oops". I've recently pulled out my son from the school and realized, among other things, that my son was really missing out on a proper education compared to the school he attends now. I would highly recommend that you look at other schools because there is absolutely no benefit to sending your child here.

This is an excellent school and one to which I am proud to send my children. I have two current students here and two of my children have graduated and gone on to Catholic high school. My children have been challenged academically and have grown to be strong Catholic young adults thanks to St. James. The statements made by a couple of the other parents here are simply not true. The principal is a fully licensed school administrator with several degrees in education. When she took over at St. James the enrollment was down to only 130 students, the academics were a mess, and the Catholic identity of the school was completely lacking. Enrollment is now at 250 students, one hundred percent of our eighth graders are accepted to Catholic high schools and even score in the top ten on the high school placement test, and we are a strongly Catholic school. Calendar changes happen anywhere you go and sometimes a last minute change is necessary, but these situations have been few and far between here. Every member of the faculty is a practicing Catholic. The faculty is a wonderful mix of veteran and new teachers, who are vibrant and excited to be there. We love this school!

Do not send your child to this school, you will regret it! Teacher turnover is incredibly high due to lack of leadership from the incompetent principal. As a matter of fact, she doesn't even have the proper administrative credentials to be principal! She was brought in by Father Felix several years ago to act as his puppet and has managed to stay on, even though she has dragged the school down tremendously. The teachers they do have here are very inexperienced and for many, this is their first job right out of school. As another reviewer stated, she has no regard for the difficulty of finding child care and she has often changed the school calandar at the last minute. Just one of the many examples of why I have zero respect for this principal and have been so disappointed with st James to the point that I pulled my kids out halfway though the semester. Think long and hard before sending them here!!!

The Christmas program this year just blew me away! The students, parents, teachers and staff continue to impress me away year after year. Six years ago, St. James was a school in decline. Today, I would put St. James up against any school in the area - it simply outperforms the rest.

This is our first year at St. James and I must say it has met all of my expectations and more! I think the Principal, teachers, staff are wonderful. I think the curriculum is strong. I appreciate the way they teach the Catholic faith. I want to instill in my children the beliefs and values I grew up with and St. James is the perfect school to reinforce what we teach at home.

We love St. James, we love the teachers and we love the principal. I would imagine that families that are not Catholic would not like the emphasis on the Catholic faith, but it is a CATHOLIC school, and we love it. Having grown up in public schools all my life, I feel like St. James is a HUGE step up. You can drill all the math and science in the world into your children, and it is good to understand the physical world, but what about the really big questions? The purpose of life, the reason for suffering, right and wrong. St. James does a great job addressing both faith and reason. I also love the student body, which is very diverse and from all economic and social backgrounds. Also, a previous comment said that enrollment is going down, this is not true. Enrollment is at an almost all time high. The folks at St. James deserve nothing but our community's thanks. I think St. James will prepare my children to be good and do good.

St. James School is a wonderful family, the Principal is very involved, the teachers want the kids to succeed and learn, has small class sizes, and there are many opportunities of sports and with an emphasis on the Catholic Faith.

I have three students that attend St. James and I would say it is a great school. One review said that St. James has a one-size fits all approach to education. This is just not true. As a parent, it is sometimes difficult to realize that the world doesn t revolve around your child. St. James has a firm academic and Catholic approach to education. It s not a watered-down version of Catholicism that you see in a lot of churches and schools these days. The teachers provide a nurturing environment where everyone is welcome. What you want from a school is to teach your child how to succeed on their own and that is exactly what you will get at St. James. The students here are challenged academically and spiritually. If you don t see the importance of both, all you need to do is drive past any public school. The faculty and staff at St. James are wonderful. St. James simply out performs several of the other schools in the area. (Check the archdiocese website.) St. James students continually have some of the highest scores on the high school entrance exam. This was highlighted this year where one student had the highest score on the high school entrance exam.

Last modified St James Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8