Posted April 25, 2013
Do you have photos of students from the class of 61-63. Looking for family friend Francey Ogrodowski

St Francis De Sales Grade School 1

Posted March 12, 2012
Well, I was 1242 characters over my limit when I pasted my story in here so I will just start over and be brief. The most miserable moment in my education befell me on the 1st day of my 2nd grade in 1947. The crusty old nun called the roll and when she got to me said "BILE ....?" I told her my name was Bill, not BILE. I had been named after my uncle, who spelled it with one L. She didn't like that. It took about 2 or 3 days of ridicule to make me change the way I spelled my first name. Some weeks later, this same nun would not allow me to go to the bathroom when I HAD to go. When I got up to go to recess, the accumulation underneath me spilled onto the floor. Embarrassment doesn't begin to tell the tale. I don't blame St. Francis for anything more than allowing this woman to be anywhere near children, let alone have custody and control of them. She left me with a lifetime hatred of any kind of classroom environment..

Posted February 26, 2011
I attended this school for a brief time in my life some time around 1975-1976. I was in the third or fourth grade. My father put me in this school when he found out that the public school I had been attending, was going to start busing some of their student across town to another school. (I think the school was Sherman elementary) it was on Sherman street. Anyway, while I was at St. Francis, I had an absolutely amazing teacher. She wasn't a nun. The only name I can recall is Miss Tracy. She was young and had dark hair. Anyway, she and I formed a friendship. I remember going to her home. She drove a Gremlin I think. The other thing I remember about her is she had a lot of turtles in her home. If there was anyway that I could tell her "thank you" for taking me under her wing, so to speak, and being a friend to me, when the adults in my family, were not always so normal, I would. I know many years have passed, and the chance of her knowing what a possitive influence she made on my life, in just the short time we knew each other, is slim to none. So I will put it here. Thank you Miss Tracy. More than you will ever know. Sincerely, Sarah J. Howell (maiden= Gray)

St Francis De Sales Grade School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
I am alumni of St. Francis de Sales and currently have two children attending there. I wouldn't have it any other way! I love St. Francis de Sales school because kids there learn morals, self-respect, respect for others, self sufficiency, structure and determination. Although it is a predominately hispanic school it is a school of diverse cultures. I also love that everyone is a tight knit family at St. Francis de Sales. If I had to sum it up in one word what this school means to me and my children it would be FAMILY. F-Faculty and Teachers A-always M-making I-influential impacts in the L-lives of our Y- youth!

Posted March 05, 2009

St Francis De Sales Grade School 3

Posted August 03, 2008

Posted April 30, 2007
I am currently in college and must say that the lessons I learned from St. Francis de Sales have definitely helped me in my life. I have never had such powerful women in my life like the teachers I had at this school. I would like to thank all the teachers that I learned so much from duringm my time at St. Francis. Mrs. McEldowney, Sr. Eleanor, Ms. Tucker, and Mrs. Fundingsland.

Posted April 15, 2007
- a former student
This school gave me some of the best years of my life. I was very please with the catholic education I received while I attended St. Francis. Mrs. Tucker, Sister Janet, and Ms. Cryder are some key teachers I would like to thank.

Posted April 28, 2006
- a former student
St Francis De Sales Is A Mostly Hispanic School where ethnicsl diversity is stressed. The learning environment is quite and freiendly.

Posted May 20, 2005

St Francis De Sales Grade School
235 South Sherman Street, Denver, CO  80209
Last modified St Francis De Sales Grade School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Francis De Sales Grade School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.