Posted April 28, 2014
Unfortunately this school was a great disappointment. The claims were quite an embellishment. Good luck to all.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School 4

Posted August 25, 2013
This is our sixth year at OLOL and we love it! The teachers are welcoming and have passion for teaching kids. I feel that they are really there for the kids. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a smaller educational experience. I love the fact that the eighth graders know who the preschool and Kindergarten kids are and they look out for them - most schools do not allow the higher grades to interact with the younger classes. We have such a warm and open community.

Posted August 21, 2013
We are just finishing up the first week of the 2013-2014 school year. What a vibrant and authentically Catholic environment. The teachers are young & very excited about their faith and the formation of the students. The principal is very involved with the students and the parents. She has a contagious energy for the classical curriculum and it shows when one walks around the school. "Joy is the net of love by which we catch souls", is the theme for the school year and it seems very appropos for the enviornment there. We are blessed and grateful that our children are in such a great school. I have a daughter with severe nut allergies and am very pleased at how the staff is handling it., by making the other parents in the class and staff aware of the allergy and taking the necessary precautions to help her to live with this allergy. I so appreciate this as this will be something she has to live with all her life. I am inspired to help by voulnteering my time at the school because I love this place!

Posted July 26, 2013
Our Lady of Lourdes is a place where children grow and learn the way God intended. There is no perfect school or perfect administration, however, there is perfection in God's image and that is very clear at OLOL. The children are the testimony of this school. The children are learning to be independent thinkers, responsible citizens, and ultimately saints. It takes a humble and loving parent to allow their children to grow the way God intended. These sites are great for "fact-finding", but if you really want to know what this school is about, come and visit. You will know immediately if it is the right fit for your family and honestly, it isn't for everyone and that is ok too!

Posted July 22, 2013
These reviews have convinced me to make the sacrifice to send my kids to this school! Every school has those parents who think they can level control over the administration - it sounds like they were hoping they could push this new principal around and she would have none of it!! Wonderful news for everybody else and those parents can move on and look for different administration to manipulate. I am excited to see how this school develops and grows - it sounds like a very exciting time for OLOL.

Posted July 11, 2013
We just got our back to school paperwork in the mail and are really excited for the school year ahead at Our Lady of Lourdes. One of the highlights of the year for me was dropping the kids off at school one morning and seeing the children's morning routine. They all lined up outside by the flagpole and recited the pledge of allegiance, the act of faith and the morning offering. This was followed by a beautiful prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes and followed by some beautiful hymns to Our Lady and St. Bernadette. They were then given some words of welcome and encouragement by the very devout and energetic principal and off they went to their classes. The kids come home talking excitedly about everything from Greek drama to the early Christian martyrs to the newly elected Pope. It is so exciting to see a Catholic school as vibrant as this one. The teachers are passionate about learning and about their faith and their enthusiasm for learning is apparent in my children's excitement. Really looking forward to another year at Our Lady of Lourdes!

Posted July 11, 2013
I am an advocate of classical education. Still, the performance of Aesop skits and making Roman armour do not substitute for good writing skills. Also, the lack of concern over children's health allergies was negligent and unChristian. The discouragement of parental involvement also is a huge red flag.

Posted July 10, 2013
Our Lady of Lourdes is a sad situation. I would strongly advise anyone from attending this school until it get's completely turned around; meaning a new administration. You won't get what you pay for at this school I am very sorry to say this but it is the truth and I wouldn't want any body else to get hurt by attending this school. It is a complete wast of time, money, and effort. If you do decide to go to this school proceed with caution.

Posted June 30, 2013
The administration reminds me of the scene from the original Wizard of Oz where we're told "Don't look behind the curtain!" There was a significant increase in enrollment in 2011-2012 and then a mass exodus (~30 students) DURING and after the 2012-2013 school year. Schools have normal turnover, I get it - but when you have this kind of turnover (~20%) in students,there's something wrong - especially in year 2 of implementing the much hyped "Classical" curriculum. Not to mention the turnover in teachers and the SAC (School Advisory Committee) since 2011. Ask about how many of the "hand-picked" stars on the teaching staff that came to the school for the 2012-2013 are still there. Just because there is a consistent marketing message about how wonderful the school is doesn't make it true - it just means they know that the same message repeated often enough will eventually be accepted as fact. Parents are treated as a necessary evil at best - especially if you dare to dissent from the message being put forth by the administration. If the results were half as good as the message, I'd say great. Let the buyer beware...

Posted June 22, 2013
Our Lady of Lourdes is a beautiful and amazing school. It's sad that angry people get to post harsh and slanderous reviews about a school on here. Having had my children in both Public and Private Schools this past decade, I must say that OLOL Catholic School has exceeded my expectations academically. When my child was in the public school, all they focused on was teaching Math to the test. My child is gifted but the limited method of getting children ready for a test, crushed my child's ability to learn and enjoy school. OLOL teachers go above and beyond the call of duty to inspire and educate my children. Teaching a child how to think and reason is far more important than getting my child ready for a test. Renaissance Camp 2013 at OLOL was A+! The children performed skits from Aesop's Fables, learned about Roman History, designed Roman Armor, prepared a Roman Feast and much, much more! If the previous posters are so upset about teachers being let go, maybe they should open their own school and see if they can do a better job. I'm personally very pleased with the choice of administration and teachers and see God's hand in OLOL! Looking forward to an amazing Fall 2013!

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School
2256 South Logan Street, Denver, CO  80210
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School is a Private school
Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.