No rating

Montessori School of Denver

Private | PK-8 | 303 students

Living in Denver

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $201,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted March 1, 2010

My children have been attending MSD for the past 4 years. We found the school on a recommendation of an educational consultant who thought it would be a perfect fit for our eldest child, and I am glad to report that it is! It is also a perfect fit for our 2nd child which is saying alot as they are polar opposites of each other. MSD provides a well rounded and positive and supportive educational environment where their students are not only learning to be good stewart of the world but have their math facts down too. The teacher staff is excellent and because of the low ratio of students to teachers you really have a team of educators in each class. The administration is highly accessible and knows each childs name (and parents as well). We love MSD and are thankful we found it.

Posted March 1, 2010

When we were looking at schools for our child, many folks suggested MSD- but honestly I wasn't sure about the 'Montessori' aspect. When I finally went to see the school, all my preconceived ideas disappeared. Sending my child to MSD was the best choice I could have made, this was especially true last year when she was diagnosed with learning differences. I had the support and knowledge of her whole teaching staff (and the administrative staff), and continue to have it everyday. And now with their support, she is excelling and loving school. I love how she is not only learning how to read and write and do math but how they incorporate cultural and environmental and social ideas into everything. If you want a balanced, compassionate child who knows how to deal with conflict and be confident - MSD is the school for you.

Posted March 1, 2010

We have had at least one child at MSD for more than ten years. We currently have two children enrolled in the school. I feel one of my biggest jobs as a parent is to be sure my child is attending a school where he or she can thrive on all levels. MSD absolutely meets that goal. Periodically I visit other schools -- to see what's out there, to learn about various learning environments, to see other teachers and students in action. Without fail, I come away from this informal 'survey' feeling more confident than ever that MSD delivers the best experience on all levels. From reading to math to science, from good lunch options to after school programs, from social development to compassion for classmates and peers around the world -- MSD delivers.

Posted February 18, 2010

My child learned 'social graces', but that's where it stops. There is no good academics to speak of. A lot of hype without any substance. If you like to hob-knob, this is the school for you. Not much beyond that.

Posted December 6, 2009

We love MSD! It's a warm, secure, stimulating place for my child to learn and grow! The faculty and staff are open and helpful and caring. There is a strong sense of community which makes us feel so comfortable and welcome. I also like the emphasis on being 'green' and environmentally conscious. I can't say enough about this great place.

Posted September 24, 2009

Horrible school! As an experienced parent of three sons, I can say that out of 9 schools, from preschool to high school, and over the course of 16 years of school for my kids, this was, without a doubt, the worst experience. It's actually the only school we've been a part of that we've left with negative feelings. My son's teacher was a night mare...mean, un-nuanced, dishonest. We got NO support from the administration. It's fair as Montessori's go. However, they were not careful with my son, were totally unconcerned with this little guy and his self concept. Poohey on them!!! I will never stop regretting every day we were there.

Posted September 12, 2009

I had a life changing experience in this school as a parent. ALl of the teac hers really knew my son and alwasy took the time to meet with me for a special check in when I had a concern. They took into account my son's skills and challenges and worked to accelerate and broaden his academic accomplishments. We just left the school after 6 years and I have never been so sad to leave a community. My son was accepted into every independent school he applied for because of the great foundation the teachers gave him at this amazing school.

Posted August 16, 2008

Excellent school - my daughter a very gifted child - and her teacher was able to keep her challenged based on the individualized curriculum. Learning is fun and engaging for her. She can't wait to get to school everyday and feels strong connections with her teachers based on multiple age classrooms. Parent education helped to strengthen my own skills as well. Amazing community - always feel welcome - not cliquey at all!

Posted August 12, 2008

I can't say enough about the education my child received while attend MSD from K to 6th grade. She is knowledgeable about subject matter, is able to collect data, engage in meaningful dialog and has an extensive vocabulary. Thanks to these remarkable teachers and the supportive administration our experience was exceptional.

Posted July 4, 2008

MSD is hit or miss. Some of the teachers are very interactive and really know their subject matter, while others are just not as well versed. The curriculum is not for every child-it works well for kids who are independent and average learners, but for those who are more gifted-types, the challenge just isn't there.The administration is overall very cliquey and detached.

Posted February 7, 2008

This is a great school! I love being part of this parent community that is fun, open, and helpful. The curriculum is amazing. I can't believe what my son tells me about his day at school. I get lots of info about classroom studies and school events. I feel lucky that we got accepted!

Posted February 5, 2008

We have been very pleased with teachers and curriculum - administration is Ok - would like more feedback on what goes on in the classroom instead of just info on fundraisers

Posted December 24, 2007

While we appreciate the teaching philosophy, we find the school administration and overall style of the school to be uppity and cold. We are strongly considering pulling our daughter out of the school because everything (except for one teacher) feels rigid and heartless.

Posted November 16, 2007

MSD is a very warm, caring environment where children learn to respect each other and the environment in which they live. The staff are top notch, responsive and professional. Our daughter loves going to school every day. We couldn't be happier with our experience!

Posted July 12, 2007

We had a horrible experience at this school. Please be very careful to evaluate the teachers and dig deep into the administration's representations regarding 'average' tenure at the school.

Posted May 4, 2005

This is the only Montessori accrediated Montessori school in Colordao and the only Montessori school accediated by the Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS). The curriulum is well thought out, mapped out and incorporates best education methods as well as Montessori philosophy and materials. The school meets the needs of children from 3-12 years and the program includes Spanish, PE, Music, Art and Library skills in addition to academics. The Parent Association is highly involved and parents are welcome members of our community. This is a great school!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• AMS
  • NAIS
Fax number
  • (303) 757-6145

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori