Posted August 12, 2014
Horrible School. As others said it's very cliquy. They don't accept "outsiders." The teachers are okay, but don't really listen to you or address your concerns. The administration, although they may listen, don't care unless you are one of the Rich snobs, that can give them more money. I and others I know also, found when we left MSD, that are kids were way behind their peers. My daughter was considered two grades below where she should have been. Don't go there, it's a big waste of your money. There are far better schools in the Denver area!

Posted November 11, 2013
I can't say enough about the dedicated teachers and staff. Very supportive leadership, teachers are caring and committed. The other day I saw teachers and kids playing together and enjoying each other. It takes a village and they have one!,

Posted November 09, 2013
I love that MSD's elementary curriculum is 100% individualized. My 2nd grade son comes into the classroom each day to find a personalized lesson plan--with choices in place. He feels like he controls his learning, yet he is held accountable and his success is measured in every minute detail of each discipline. His teachers have instilled in him the desire to push hard to learn more, and he is always motivated to move ahead. (And I'd like to add that while the choice of the school is dependent on what's best for my children not for me personally, I happen to adore the community which has been warm, fun, and inclusive.)

Posted November 06, 2013
Amazing school, amazing teachers, administration is adequate. I do wish there was more of a sense of inclusiveness with all families , but that is okay! We are in the middle school now and LOVE the new middle school teacher! He understands middle schoolers and we have seen our daughter grow so much academically and emotionally!! Thanks!

Posted October 24, 2013
We had a poor experience with this school and our son now happily attends another independent school. The teachers and administration are not open to making changes or to accommodating the needs of individual children. The parents are very "social" in a cliquey sense and the entire atmosphere is false. Beautiful campus, beautiful classrooms and library. Look underneath, very carefully, before you sign on for this place.

Montessori School of Denver 2

Posted January 15, 2013
To be brief, the teachers are dedicated, the administration is cold and quite full of themselves and the campus is beautiful.

Posted October 29, 2012
We have been at MSD several years and absolutely love it. The teachers are incredibly skilled and supportive, and my son is learning things in kindergarten that my other son (who is in a HGT program at another school) didn't learn until later. The school helps facilitate a true love of learning, and has a supportive community of engaged parents. The Montessori approach is amazing - we couldn't be happier and are planning on staying through 8th grade.

Montessori School of Denver 2

Posted October 26, 2012
This school look good but it is not a great school. If you have any issues, the teacher and admin will listen, but nothing will be done. The parent population is very cliquey and you can not voice your opinion. Your child needs to be the norm to do well here however, if your child has any issues or need a little attention, they will not receive it and they will be ignored.

Posted July 20, 2011
I didn't have a great experience with this school. There is no real solid academics to speak of. The main concentration is on social skills. Your child will be very polite when leavening the school, but it doesn't go much beyond that. We are leavening MSD & to my surprise my child is behind in reading, spelling, & math. She was never exposed to Everyday Math & her new school is very involved in it. This whole summer I have had to do tutoring in reading & math. If you are looking into this school, make sure you have your child regularly evaluated by someone outside of the MSD system. MSD is also huge on contributions. You will receive NUMEROUS e-mails and flyers about donations. It's over the top and they make you feel like it's mandatory. I would only recommend MSD for 3 yr. old to pre-school, but then I would highly suggest moving to a different. school.

Posted January 10, 2011
We love MSD -- there is a great community, the parents and staff are engaged and fun! And most of all, it is a terrific place for developing curious minds. My two kids, both very different learners, have been challenged and supported year after year. My oldest, now in 7th grade (MSD only goes through 6th grade) is probably at least two years ahead of his peers academically. But what we treasure is the love of learning our boys now both have.

Montessori School of Denver
1460 S Holly St, Denver, CO  80222
Last modified Montessori School of Denver is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Montessori School of Denver Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews.