1-8|Private

Bad
Good

Redeemer Lutheran School 5

Posted September 10, 2013
This is a good education because it take advantage of the best of both worlds....both computerized education, but also traditional classroom education. The teachers truly care about each of their students. The class sizes allow for individualized time with each student.

Redeemer Lutheran School 5

Posted August 18, 2010
I have had affiliation with Redeemer for the past 11 years. I will say that this school has come a long way. Our new principle and 2 new teachers have been a big improvement in the last couple of years. Teamed with a couple of veteran teachers, Redeemer has a wonderful staff. Yes, Redeemer is a Hope Online School, which simply means the children get the best of both worlds! The school offers: teacher instruction and computer taught classes, religion/Chapel, sports, drama, choir, field trips, and much more! I have had 2 children graduate from Redeemer, and now my grandson will start 1st grade this year. I couldn't be happier that he is attending Redeemer. I know that my grandson will receive a great academic education, as well as, a Christian education.

Redeemer Lutheran School 4

Posted August 17, 2010
Redeemer has been a wonderful school for our children! We love the caring teachers and principal. The education our children have received surpasses that of DPS schools. Our children complain about doing the Hope Online work everyday, but as parents, we are glad they have that as an added boost to their education. My kids can't wait for school to start!

Posted January 06, 2010
I have had my children in both DPS and Jefferson County schools, and feel that Redeemer does a far better job of educating children in both academics and citizenship. Yes, it is run by Douglas County, but it still gives children who are unable to attend pricey private schools an altenative to public education. There are still elements of a secular curriculum in the online curriculum, but it can be balanced. I love the caring teachers and staff. No school is perfect, but i wouldn't trade this for any public school experience. P.S. New principal makes a huge difference!!!

Redeemer Lutheran School 1

Posted October 27, 2009
We have not been impressed by this school. Our child just started this year and we will be pulling out mid-semester. This school is merely under the cover of being a private school but is actually run by Douglas County Hope Online program. We knew this going in, however we thought it would be okay. The computer lab has been awful and the school is unorganized. Except for our teacher, who I imagine is doing her best, we are so unhappy here. Good school for parents who aren't going to care much about their child's education. If you're looking for a school that offers lots of opportunities for your child...... keep looking.

Redeemer Lutheran School 2

Posted October 25, 2009
I would have to also say that this should not be classified as simply a 'private school'. It is a hope online charter school, which means that there are various elements of the public school present in the curriculum. It is not Lutheran in whole. Parent involvement is poor. Student performance in the online curriculum is not great. I think it is highly unorganized and poorly run. Although they have tried to improve conditions, I do not think that it can exceed what DPS or another public school can offer.

Redeemer Lutheran School 4

Posted October 06, 2009
Wow! Things are really improving at this school! Our children have been attending here for five years. We have been pleasantly surprised at the new things that have been added this year: after school soccer, buses for field trips instead of parent drivers (yea!) and a friendliness and helpfulness of the faculty and staff. We are very happy at Redeemer.

Posted August 21, 2009
We are new to Redeemer and have really been impressed. Our children are very happy with their classmates and teachers. I am not sure what the first parent meant. Redeemer gives kids opprtunities for different sports activities after school. I am not sure about the Hope Online program yet but it seems to be a good addition to what my kids learn during the school day. So far the teachers and new principal have been very nice and welcoming to us.

Redeemer Lutheran School 2

Posted June 11, 2009
This is not a private school, it is a Hope Online charter school that is governed under Douglas County. The online curriculum is horrible and does not prove to be that 'alternative' classroom experience like Hope Online exudes. Children are overloaded with online assignments that cannot be finished because of time constraints with classroom curriculum and are then graded on their failure to keep up. The teachers, however, are fantastic and one can only hope that the new principal will make Redeemer shine again like it did years ago. The school is lacking on extra curricular activities and enrichment programs for the kids. Parent involvement is terrible!!

Posted March 08, 2009
I don't believe that the principal is at all involved with his students. He never wants to teach them he just expects them to know info from the previous years and then they're out of luck when they don't know. He never shows up for anything outside of class, no ballgames, no spelling bee, and these are things as parents we want him to go to, to show his support for his students. We belive he shows favoritism between the three different grades in his classroom and doesn't follow his own clothing guidelines. The CSAP scores from last year were low and he told the children they were good, when we have proof showing otherwise. I wouldn't reccomend this school to anybody until the principal has retired. I'm sorry to sound so negative but I've been very dissappointed with the school.

3400 W Nevada Pl, Denver, CO  80219
Last modified Redeemer Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8