PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

At 45 yrs old, I reflect back on the change agents that fostered success in my life. One of my best education experiences was attending St. John's Academy under the tutelage of Ms. Selby, an innovative and motivated teacher who removed the shackles and limitations for me to excel at my own pace. As the daughter of two classically trained musicians, I moved around the country and attended numerous schools. I only attended one year for 6th grade, but I was allowed to work at my own pace and for several subjects it was on 8th grade level. I pray that the school continues providing exceptional educational and creative innovations and extend my utmost gratitude to the school and to Ms. Selby, wherever she may be today!

The ELC and K-5 school is excellent! I cannot say enough about those teams. Very caring and loving. However, after attending the middle school as well, you may want to keep your options open at that time. The middle school staff, all but a few, have a very difficult time maintaining control and are very quick to blame the parents. A few teachers clearly cannot handle more than 10 students and are easily overwhelmed. 6-8 grades are typically around 20 students. Either the teachers are not receiving the help they need or they are not able to multi-task and the communication with parents is lacking until something is "wrong", that is the time you hear from the teachers. Not when your student is doing well, but when they are lagging behind in a class or disrupt a class. My kid would always check his grades, but at times the teacher would not keep grades current and therefore his grade would drop. Anyway, loved ELC and K-5, but keep an open mind for middle school. By the way, the after school care program is top notch!!

My child is very happy and loves going to school! Supportive and caring community. Excellent communication and academically challenging.

My daughter is receiving an excellent, well-rounded education at St. Johns. It is small enough that she receives individualized attention in a supportive, enthusiastic and caring environment but big enough to give her wonderful opportunities for growth. The academics are outstanding. She is performing well above grade level. Class sizes are small and teachers are well-prepared. Technology is utlized extensively throughout the school. The communication from the teachers is thorough and timely. We have been there 3 years and have experienced no turnover among teachers or administrators. An education of this caliber would cost thousands of dollars more elsewhere.

Our children have been enrolled at St Johns for two years now in the ELC and cannot say enough wonderful things about the school, its teachers and the entire community. If you're looking for a place where your children can feel safe, nurtured and challenged academically all in a loving environment then St. Johns is worth a look. There is no greater feeling for a parent than knowing that while you cannot be with them they are in the most trusted of hands. We love St. Johns!!!

Walk through the halls of St. John's during a school day and you will feel the nurturing, caring environment that exists there. Our children LOVE going to school! They are reading books well above grade level. They are filled with an excitement for life, love, friendship and learning. We've had our children in other schools prior to enrolling them in St. John's, so this is written with much school experience (private and public). In the 2012 Iowa Tests of Basic Skills (ITBS) St. John s tested in the 97th percentile nationally! But, St. John s goes beyond teaching subjects; this school, inside and out, is filled with love, compassion, generosity and integrity.

My daughter is in the first grade and we love it. The teachers are really caring and the curriculum while challenging is age appropriate. Sometimes it is difficult to get all the work in on time, but her teacher is really understanding and helpful. They do ask for a parents to be involved, but they understand that it has to work around your life so they give you lots of different ways to do it.

St. John's has been a great place for my kids in both the Early Leaning Center (18 months old-Pre-K) and elementary school (grade K-8). The Lutheran foundation coupled with the full breadth of academic subjects (including music, art, computers, spanish, reading, and others) has provided my kids with a well-rounded educational environment. We have appreciated the small classroom sizes as well! I always highly recommend St. John's Lutheran School to anyone with children from the age of 18 months to 8th grade.

The only weakness i can spot is lack of extra-curricular activities for the younger students. Otherwise, our experience has been fantastic! Truly a nurturing and loving environment based on a faith-focused education. Our daughter is reading at levels 3-4 grades above her current grade, wonderful! And the Iowa test scores for the entire school...can't get much better!!!

St. John's offers a fantastic educational experience, paying attention to all aspects of a student's development. Our child has not just excelled academically but she has acquired a strong sense of who she is and how to best relate to others. We are thrilled with the wonderful young woman St. John's is helping us develop. You cannot find a better Christian education in Denver!

Last modified St John's Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8