Zion Lutheran School 3

Posted October 23, 2014
My children have attending Zion for several years and up until this year we loved it. The change in administration has left the school disorganized and chaotic. I would still recommend the preschool program to jumpstart education, but the K-8 program is mediocre at best.

Posted August 31, 2014
Zion school is the best in all categories, my children were very successful in HS from the elementary education at Zion

Zion Lutheran School 4

Posted March 12, 2014
Love this school all three of my kids attend. The pre k program and teachers are awesome. A great jump start for kindergarten

Posted January 27, 2013
My children love Zion. It's a great small school. The small classrooms give them a lot of individual attention. It is very much a family atmosphere. My one child has some minor special needs and the teachers have been more than accommodating and awesome to work with. They are academically challenged and have an appropriate amount of homework. The teachers are very understanding and helpful when my children have needed extra help on any given subject. We have found Zion to be perfect for our children.

Posted December 08, 2012
I have had 2 children graduate from Zion. The quality of the education was excellent! The small class size and dedicated teaching staff resulted in a superior education for my children. This has been evident as they are now in high school and doing very well because of the preparation they had at Zion. More importantly, they learned about their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ every day they attended school. I feel Zion excelled in providing my children with the social skills, intellectual knowledge, and a soul-nurturing gospel message every day. As a parent, what more could you want but to give you children superior preparations for this life as well as the next!

Zion Lutheran School 1

Posted December 02, 2012
I moved my two students to Zion for their 7th and 8th grade years after the school they had been at closed. I had selected this school in part to the classroom size and the quality education that my daughters had received at their previous private school. However, I could not have been unhappier with Zion. My girls were not evaluated to determine where they were at educationally vs. the curriculum being used at Zion. Despite the small student to teacher ratio, they were not given the individual attention they needed to understand the material. This was instead handled by moving them down a grade level which was completely unfounded, especially considering they were consistent honor roll students at their previous school. This demotion then led to other students making fun of them and calling them names. We had met with their teacher/principal to address this to no avail. With these problems not being adequately addressed, we made the decision to withdraw our daughters at the end of the 1st quarter. Upon requesting a refund of tuition that had been paid for the entire year, we were denied as Zion's policy is to not refund any fees paid to students who withdraw. Now I'm out $4000.

Zion Lutheran School 3

Posted November 14, 2012
This school focuses heavily on academics, has good extra-curricular activities, and a small family atmosphere. It's hard to beat! My only constructive criticism would be the lack of diversity in their student body (and therefore the lack of knowledge of other cultures and family values), and also the huge amount of homework given to students. Even my kindergartner had 30 minutes of homework every night, and my sixth grader had 1-2 hours every night. This school is not great for struggling students, students with disabilities, and or any family who is not White, Christian, and Upper Middle Class to Wealthy.

Posted January 26, 2009
My son attends Zion and loves it so much, he complains when there is no school! It is a wonderful, family atmosphere, where most students, regardless of age, know each other. When it's time to go to school, he is so excited that everyone's day starts out on a positive note. This is a WELS school, so EVERY teacher has graduated from the same college (Martin Luther College). So as children advance, they continue to be taught the same truths. We thank God for Zion!

Posted September 27, 2007
My son absolutely loves going to school here. He is in K, and I have no fear about leaving him here... he looks forward to going, and is excited when we pick him up. His teacher cares about his progress and it shows. Oh, and they actually get to talk about God's LOVE and real values (right vs. wrong!). I am grateful to have found this place!

Posted August 21, 2007
You will find no better school than Zion to teach your child about God and his love for them and to prepare your child for anything the world has to offer them. I have 3 children attending Zion right now and they all tell me how much they love going to school there.

Zion Lutheran School