K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I argued a lot with these teachers about effectiveness: but appreciate their kind way of explaining to me

Amount of homework: no rating

The teachers at Zion seem to know how much is enough for homework: If my child was not getting it they would let me know.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Emphasis on the Golden Rule and a Biblical relationship to education: children are respected and respect their teachers

Small, family community and good elementary teachers make a good solid start for education. The middle school curriculum is weak and class sizes shrink for secondary education. Science is taught for half a school year. A certain staff member has no problem gossiping. Most of what she passes along is harmless, some misinformed, and yet other items are harmful.

Zion Lutheran School is part of the larger ministry of Zion Ev. Lutheran Church. Christ-centered education is the core of everything that is taught.

My children have attending Zion for several years and up until this year we loved it. The change in administration has left the school disorganized and chaotic. I would still recommend the preschool program to jumpstart education, but the K-8 program is mediocre at best.

Zion school is the best in all categories, my children were very successful in HS from the elementary education at Zion

Love this school all three of my kids attend. The pre k program and teachers are awesome. A great jump start for kindergarten

My children love Zion. It's a great small school. The small classrooms give them a lot of individual attention. It is very much a family atmosphere. My one child has some minor special needs and the teachers have been more than accommodating and awesome to work with. They are academically challenged and have an appropriate amount of homework. The teachers are very understanding and helpful when my children have needed extra help on any given subject. We have found Zion to be perfect for our children.

I have had 2 children graduate from Zion. The quality of the education was excellent! The small class size and dedicated teaching staff resulted in a superior education for my children. This has been evident as they are now in high school and doing very well because of the preparation they had at Zion. More importantly, they learned about their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ every day they attended school. I feel Zion excelled in providing my children with the social skills, intellectual knowledge, and a soul-nurturing gospel message every day. As a parent, what more could you want but to give you children superior preparations for this life as well as the next!

Last modified Zion Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8