Homeeork is reasonable in quantity and designed to practice skills rather than make-work. It increases incrementally as kids are ready. Teachers are flexible and responsive to different learning styles.
Stanley is a wonderful school that blends academic rigor with attention to the whole child. The teachers know each of our children individually and tailor the learning experience to their needs and talents. The Head of School knows every child by name. Our kids are learning the meaning of being good citizens at school and in the community. They love going to school each and every day.
This school is great! Our children have been here for 2 years and they absolutely love Stanley. We initially were torn between public versus private, but we are so glad we chose Stanley. They have a real sense of community that fosters our children's creativity while also encouraging them to learn. We highly recommend Stanley!!!
We have been at Stanley for more than 3 years. We have two daughters. One in First , and the other in Second. We adore Stanley and the culture of inclusiveness that it fosters. Not only do we love Stanley , but our children love to attend school. The environment of Stanley British is one that encourages their growth as human beings. We applaud Stanley for the work they have done and the wok they continue to do.
Stanley has exceeded expectations for our family. We moved to Denver only two years ago. Finding a suitable school drove where we purchased a house. After touring numerous schools, we decided Stanley was the best fit for our family.
We made our decision based on the following attributes:
1) A joyful, kind, productive learning environment: We needed our children to be challenged in an age appropriate, exploratory, kind way. Our children love being at school and they are sad during vacations and on weekends. They've asked to live at school!
2) A diverse environment: We needed to be sure that our girls were not the only black kids in their class. We needed racial, socioeconomic, and glbt diversity to reflect the world we live in.
3) We needed experienced teachers and a low attrition rate. We did not want to hear about teachers leaving every year. We wanted strong, experienced teachers who wanted to be there. Stanley has that.
4) Kids can be kids. Playing and learning outside is not a privilege. It happens every day, many times a day. These kids play hard and have the filthy clothes to prove it.
5) The school wants parents to participate. Stanley believes in the "It takes a village" philosophy. Stanley appreciates all parents' participation whether it is in the classroom or behind the scenes. Parents' time contributions are always appreciated.
I would highly recommend Stanley. It is a special place. There is a school out there for every child. Stanley happens to be the best school for our girls.