K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Excel Institute
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 18, 2015
I'm a student here at excel institute and all of the hateful comments that you seen in all of the following reviews are false. There is no bulling here and if there was bulling, the administrator will handle the situation in a safe and calmly way. I feel that most of the people that said that their child doesn't learn things academically, or how it was a big conflict with a child and their child is because most times that parent's child is a trouble maker in the school. So please send your children to this school. It might cost a lot of money but it is totally worth it for your child.

Excel Institute 1

Posted May 30, 2014
This school is horrible especially for a tuition based school. There focus is only on money. Academically what concerns me the most is they don't have a computer course at all. The students do not do any work on computers. There were many events of bullying and targeting of my child and I was only informed once when the altercation took place, otherwise I would find out from my child at the end of the day. But when it came to money I could always count on a phone call. They charge for everything continuation ceremony, field day those are events that should be free.

Excel Institute 1

Posted April 25, 2014
Horrible school. I cannot believe they are still receiving funding and community support. Kids deserve better!

Excel Institute 4

Posted May 28, 2013
I think Excel is a great institution who focuses on character development which I feel is worth paying for. My oldest son is going into the 3rd grade and has been at Excel since k-5 his teachers have been great and he is showing huge strides in academis progress at rapid rates. My youngest son is going into 1st grade and I feel like he is well prepared for what's to come. I also like that the kids earn A's B's and Cs so i don't need a key to determine progress. I feel like they could work on challenging students who are excelling and incoorperating technology and or foreign language into thier studies. Finally history is a major part of the institution especially African American history which I find to be a great for my children because they know so much about accomplished men and women of color and the efforts they put forth. I have to see how things go over the next couple years as my oldest grows and will require much more... I love the basic foundation... K4-2nd grade is highly recommended...

Excel Institute 2

Posted July 17, 2011
I loved how the school had a tight knit community feel, and provided high standards for spelling. However, their ability to differentiate for students who are excelling is very low and their educational practices are lacking in many areas. Nevertheless, their performances are phenomenal.

Excel Institute 2

Posted August 12, 2009
This school is not academically focused. It was a disappointment from the start.

Excel Institute 5

Posted July 23, 2006
Very pleased about the quality of education provided by Excel Institute. The teachers and staff takes pride in each and every student to make sure they reach their full potential.

Excel Institute 5

Posted May 16, 2006
Teachers and staff are genuinely involved in your childs education as well as thier personal development.

Excel Institute