Denver, CO

Posted October 19, 2014
My son has attended and is currently in his 3rd year. We love this school, all of his teachers thus far have been wonderful. Everyone is friendly and greets students with a smile. Very community oriented and parent involvement is encouraged.

Green Valley Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2013
My son attended his 5th grade year at Green Valley Elem. It truly has been a horrible experience. I cant speak for all the teachers, but my son's teacher needs to find another profession. She told her students the step by step process of her divorce. Her class room was so unorganized; to the point my son commented on it (he is an eleven year old boy!) My son constantly felt lost in her class.The list could truly go on, but these were my main issues. Trying to meet with the principle regarding my concerns was impossible. I finally left him a voice mail about 2 1/2 months ago; never recieved a call back.I spoke with another parent in my son's class. I'm sad to say that she too had the same concerns and issues with the teacher. At least I know that I wasnt just being "too hard" on her. I am so thrilled that this experience will be behind us soon and he will be attending an amazing school for the 2013-2014 school year! Sadly he will have to be playing catch up due to the lack of learning that happened this current school year. I hope this review helps.

Green Valley Elementary School 2

Posted August 24, 2012
this school is ok. The only thing i have concerns about is when one of their stundents really needs to use the bathroom their not allowed to go because the teacher is teaching. I gave my child permission to walk out of class to go before they go in their pant and if the school has a problem with that please give me a call and I will be happy to speak with someone about it.

Posted July 20, 2010
GVE is a classic example of the situation schools are in these days with NCLB. The teachers are pressed to make the kids do well on CSAP and the Spanish-speaking kids are transitioned into full-time English too soon. Why does the school with mostly African-American and Hispanic kids do badly on a test written in Standard English for middle class white kids? It's the unrealistic requirements they are given. All too common.

Green Valley Elementary School 1

Posted October 24, 2008
My son is in 1st grade and attended this school last year. Recently we had to change classes because of the lack of respect for us as parents by the teacher. We are concerned parents but the principal gave us the impression that we are overprotective and unreasonable. As far as safetly and parents being allowed to be involved in what their children are being taught, This school is terrible. The curriculum as well has not challenged my son at all. We actually do workbooks from home so that he is learning new things. I would not reccomend this school if you want to be invovled in your child's education.

Green Valley Elementary School 5

Posted March 14, 2008
My son attend GVE for 2yrs now. My only worry at the begining was that my son spoke no English and his ELC classroom had English teachers only. My son is now Fluent in both languages had no trouble. He is now in DLC and his teachers are absolutely wonderful. They have the best method in teaching children. I get a behavioral book everyday and have to sign it everyday so Im aware of how my son behaves on a daily basis. He gets treasure box when he behaves good and follows directions. GVE is truely a great school. I have to completely disagree with the other parents who dont agree.

Posted September 17, 2007
Thank you for allows teachers to move up with their students. I liked having the same teacher two years in a row (2nd to 3rd this year)

Green Valley Elementary School 0

Posted September 02, 2007
I feel there are too many children per teacher. My child is now in third grade, when she was in first she had 34 peers in her class.

Green Valley Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2007
The school seems really disorganized and parents don't seem to care or support their kids. The special education teachers are wonderful most of the time and my son has really improved while in the ELC and DLC. It's a nice school atmosphere and design, but it needs some real leadership, accountability and structure to improve the academics. We were given the option of going to another school next year, and we will do that just so our kids have a chance at a better education. If the school improves, we would consider coming back.

Green Valley Elementary School 2

Posted February 28, 2007
Both of my children have attended here since K. and now in 4 &5 This school lacks in academics and in teacher responsibility. The after school programs are about the only good thing there is to this school. The school doesn t follow up on any issues whether good or bad. When a child has a problem in academics there is no help to resolve it. There is too much violence committed here and no real follow through. Over all this school needs to be revamped. There is moderate parent involvement. When parent try to get involved they are told that 'we'll let you know' No follow through.

Green Valley Elementary School
4100 Jericho, Denver, CO  80249
Last modified Green Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Valley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top