Grant Ranch K-8 School 3

Posted April 18, 2014
This is not our neighborhood school. We choiced in. The school talks about anti-bullying but we have had problems for years and they don't do much. Otherwise it is a good education.

Posted February 07, 2014
I have two children attending Grant Ranch. I have nothing but Respect for the entire school. There is such a diverse attendance that I can only imagine how hard it is to keep up with everyone's needs. I have seen nothing but professionalism from everyone involved. It seems to be a friendly environment where everyone steps into the role where it is lacking. Teachers can answer office phones and security guards are helping with children and their homework. It is a loving environment and it shows on the children's faces as they are coming and going. My kids have loved attending and I love the fact that my oldest never had to suffer through that middle school stage. Grant Ranch has met all of our requirements and my children have excelled, since both are gifted and talented.

Grant Ranch K-8 School 4

Posted January 30, 2014
My kids have always gotten what they need here. One of my kids need above & beyond while the other need extra to keep up. Despite the size, it is a wonderful community where the teachers know all of the kids throughout the school. As a former teacher, I have always been impressed with the quality of education delivered and the dedication of the staff.

Posted July 15, 2013
Best school ever ,I love it everyone is so nice ! Everyone was very respectful and loving .i wish they had a high school

Posted January 06, 2013
I have two children that attend Grant Ranch k8. I am very unhappy with this school. The quality of teaching is very poor. Not because of intellect of the teachers but due to a lack of passion. There is a lack of supprt for children with learning disabilities or dicipline problems. These children seem to be pushed aside and allowed to fall threw the cracks. The IEP department doesn't coordinate the support and communication with the teachers. An explantion of the childs needs and weaknesses are either ignored by the teahers or not communicated to them. The office engages in gossip and is openly judgemental. My child returned home upset that the security guard and vice-principal came to the science class and explained that "they are the worst 7th grade class the school has ever had". This was not true and gave the children a bad attitude toward the school and its teachers. I would not expect a child to recieve a quality education at Grant Ranch.

Posted November 05, 2012
I am currently in the 8th grade at Grant Ranch. I am a gifted and talented student with my grades above the majority of my class memebers. My 7th grade math teacher paid me and the other GT students no attention, and wouldn't answer our questions or allow us to contribute in class discussions. This school has given me absolutely nothing to challenge myself except for the mathletics program, which was now switched to an all GPA level elective, no longer an invitational extr-ciricular activity. Over-all, I am not happy with my school. They have gotten rid of their GT program due to the fact that it makes other students feel inferior. I hope they never are allowed to become a K-12 school.

Posted July 24, 2012
I've had 2 students in the middle school and have been nothing but pleased. One has moved on and has easily obtained a 4.1 GPS his first year due to his exemplary preparation. I am looking forward to another great year for my 7th and 4th grader!

Posted April 12, 2012
I have to DISAGREE with the last comment. The middle school team needs some work; especially the 8th grade team! I may not be a teacher but I am a parent and I have dealt with quite a few schools and with numerous teachers for about 15 years and I have to say that I am not impressed by the GR staff! Someone made a comment about how unhappy they appear to be and I agree wholeheartedly as I HAVE an 8th grader at this school! I have seen some of the behaviors described in other posts FIRST HAND and I find it to be extremely unprofessional and highly unethical! If I had known then what I know now, my child would have never been placed at Grant Ranch. This school is in serious need of change and I hope no other child has to endure what my child has!!!

Grant Ranch K-8 School 3

Posted February 08, 2012
The parking at this school is completly insane. There is no where for parents to park I have a pre-school child that I have to take in, can not just be dropped off. We had to park 2 blocks way & walk on pure ice because the streets & walks were not salted or plowed. My child fell right in front of a school bus, as did a mother & her child behind be. This is completely unexcusable. Im disgusted at how the school is handleling this situation, and @ 75% of the students were tardy today because of this chaos! NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Posted February 04, 2012
When we first saw this school that our daughters were going to go to, we were pleased, but the old saying don't judge a book by it's cover is right on when it comes to Grant Ranch. My 4th grader's teacher was absolutely heinous. I asked for a meeting with her for several weeks and when I got tired of waiting for her response, I called her back. She told me that they were planning on having the meeting that day, of course without giving me any notice. She has been extremely rude the whole school year and I feel, since we as taxpayers pay her wage, that we should be looking at the waiting list for a different teacher. My advice, don't go to this school.

Grant Ranch K-8 School
5400 South Jay Circle, Denver, CO  80123
Last modified Grant Ranch K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grant Ranch K-8 School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.