Denver, CO

Posted December 03, 2014
I don't think all of these reviews are legit. If you look up test scores and other statistics from various websites you will see that Archuleta elementary is sub par in many areas. What you won't see is the astounding lack of communication and unprofessionalism from most of the staff. My child was attacked almost on a daily bases on the playground leaving me asking time and time again, "Where are the adults?" There have been many incidences where I was not contacted regarding incredibly important matters about my child's health or safety. The principal who personally put my child on a different, later, school bus without informing us. We were worried sick! We did not know where our child was! I must have called the school office 4 times. I entered the school building as I could hear my call ringing in the office. Mr. DiMarco was sitting right there ignoring the phone. His teacher this year has a habit of sending home notices AFTER the date of the event. I had one days notice for parent teacher conference that I could not attend because of work. Look up Archuleta on other sites. LIES.

Posted January 22, 2013
Our son loves Archuleta Elementary School. He is excited to go to school every morning. What more could a parent want?! His teacher is kind and supports his academic needs with rigorous academic material. He has established great friendships and peer support. There are great teachers at Archuleta who truly love their job.

Posted January 16, 2013
Archuleta is a welcoming school community that honors children of all academic, social, linguistic and academic abilities. Our family has choiced into Archuleta. Our son has recieved great academic support from his teacher- so much so he is reading above grade level and advanced in mathematics. The office staff is welcoming and always supportive- they know my student by name. The administration is awalys present in the building, on the playground and in classrooms. They are always willing to listening to a concern/suggestion and are open to collaborate to find solutions with parents. My child gets to attend 5 different specials classes a week- visual arts, music, phsical education, drama and technology. Archuleta is an amazing learning community where children take care of each other and is a bully free zone.

Posted May 25, 2011
This school is AWFUL for English speaking American kids. It's so sad. We had to move just so our kids wouldn't have to attend Archuleta again next year. The teacher mysteriously didn't work there anymore and was replaced with a substitute 3/4 of the school year? They only cater to a certain race. They do NOT teach children to read phonetically, but by describing what they see in the picture? I guess crossing their fingers the kids learn to read? Our child was treated like an outcast and then dubbed a trouble maker. He is far from a trouble maker. It was just so sick.

Posted May 26, 2010
I believe a school's success starts with its leadership. It is obvious that both the principal and assistant principal "get it". They constantly promote parent involvement and excellence. They work tiredlessly from sun up to sun down. The staff is also following of their example and truly care for the children. The only down side is how to overcome the overcrowding issue (too many students for the staff and size of the building).

Posted May 26, 2010
The teachers are outstanding and the principal is very involved as well as the assistant principle. The whole staff is very involved with the children as well as very caring. Me and my kids love the school.

Posted May 25, 2010
My son has attended Archuleta for the pat three years and it has been an exceptional expereince for him. The teachers are committed to the success of all students. More importantly,the school actively engages parents in the learning process. We will miss the Archuleta family as we move on to middle school.

Posted March 29, 2009

Posted October 16, 2008
All of my children have attended this school my youngest is now in Kindergarten. I love the support staff, teachers, and administration. They take the time to get to know the children and their families on a personal level. Because of this the children love to come to school, and there are very little behavioral issues. This school is what other schools in the area need to strive to be. Test scores are going up and it is because of the personal investment the school takes in thier students and their families.

Posted August 06, 2008

Archuleta Elementary School
16000 Maxwell Place, Denver, CO  80239
Last modified Archuleta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Archuleta Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top