Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers at this school are SCARED. If you notice, all of the movers and shakers have moved on to other buildings. They got tired of the constant focus on compliance and lack of focus on what really works for amazing teachers and students and community. The teachers have every reason to be TERRIFIED. If you speak up or advocate for yourself as a teacher in this building, they will FIRE you.

Amount of homework: no rating

It depends on the teacher, and homework is subjective anyway. If you want your child to do a lot of homework, you should do what I do with my own children and develop a homework program that works for your family. Stop counting on the public schools to do it.

I worked at this school so I can tell you what REALLY goes on. It is despicable. The leadership is catty and demanding- extremely immature. Pay attention to the grammar in these reviews. Educated parents WILL NOT put up with the unprofessional and immature antics that go on at this poor excuse for a school. Furthermore, you can't just ignore people who have a different opinion from you. Which happens regularly here. If I were a parent, I would avoid this school simply because if you require support on something that doesn't involve singing their praises, they will ignore you.

My son has went to Archuleta for four years, and we will be attending our 5th and final year coming up 2015-2016 school year! I absolutely love this school. There are amazing teachers who work for this great school. They have always been so helpful and on point with helping my son with his reading levels. Every time I go there it's such a positive and encouraging environment. People are so friendly and nice. Our experience has been great at Archuleta Elementary!

B ad bad school I hat it. Bad school in the world there is a lot of bullies I hate it its bad even my son said a lot of BulliesI wish I could put it 0 stars.

I don't think all of these reviews are legit. If you look up test scores and other statistics from various websites you will see that Archuleta elementary is sub par in many areas. What you won't see is the astounding lack of communication and unprofessionalism from most of the staff. My child was attacked almost on a daily bases on the playground leaving me asking time and time again, "Where are the adults?" There have been many incidences where I was not contacted regarding incredibly important matters about my child's health or safety. The principal who personally put my child on a different, later, school bus without informing us. We were worried sick! We did not know where our child was! I must have called the school office 4 times. I entered the school building as I could hear my call ringing in the office. Mr. DiMarco was sitting right there ignoring the phone. His teacher this year has a habit of sending home notices AFTER the date of the event. I had one days notice for parent teacher conference that I could not attend because of work. Look up Archuleta on other sites. LIES.

Our son loves Archuleta Elementary School. He is excited to go to school every morning. What more could a parent want?! His teacher is kind and supports his academic needs with rigorous academic material. He has established great friendships and peer support. There are great teachers at Archuleta who truly love their job.

Archuleta is a welcoming school community that honors children of all academic, social, linguistic and academic abilities. Our family has choiced into Archuleta. Our son has recieved great academic support from his teacher- so much so he is reading above grade level and advanced in mathematics. The office staff is welcoming and always supportive- they know my student by name. The administration is awalys present in the building, on the playground and in classrooms. They are always willing to listening to a concern/suggestion and are open to collaborate to find solutions with parents. My child gets to attend 5 different specials classes a week- visual arts, music, phsical education, drama and technology. Archuleta is an amazing learning community where children take care of each other and is a bully free zone.

This school is AWFUL for English speaking American kids. It's so sad. We had to move just so our kids wouldn't have to attend Archuleta again next year. The teacher mysteriously didn't work there anymore and was replaced with a substitute 3/4 of the school year? They only cater to a certain race. They do NOT teach children to read phonetically, but by describing what they see in the picture? I guess crossing their fingers the kids learn to read? Our child was treated like an outcast and then dubbed a trouble maker. He is far from a trouble maker. It was just so sick.

I believe a school's success starts with its leadership. It is obvious that both the principal and assistant principal "get it". They constantly promote parent involvement and excellence. They work tiredlessly from sun up to sun down. The staff is also following of their example and truly care for the children. The only down side is how to overcome the overcrowding issue (too many students for the staff and size of the building).

Last modified Archuleta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.