Posted March 15, 2015
I had two children go through Westerly Creek. One with an IEP and one highly gifted. Westerly Creek might be a good fit for an "average" student, but if you are looking for a school can differentiate, please look elsewhere. The principal, Jill, definitely has favorites and literally bullies her teachers into doing exactly what she wants.

Posted February 06, 2015
Westerly Creek is a well-oiled machine! We have lived close to the Stapleton neighborhood and have observed the school for 3 years before moving into the school boundaries JUST to attend this wonderful school. When I toured the school, I could feel the love and warmth that the staff has for these kids. There was a lady walking through the halls, smiling and greeting every child by name...I found out later it was Jill Corcoran, the principal! She has built this solid elementary school by personally hiring every teacher under her roof. She is on fire for the community and has the most lovable and approachable spirit. Westerly runs like a traditional charming elementary school but with all the bells and whistles. Wanda and the staff at the front desk are accommodating and kind. The online programs like tenmarks and googleclassroom are well explained and easy to navigate. The kids are applauded for their behavior often and are recognized for it in front of others. They are motivated to be respectful of others and succeed in their studies. Also, there is huge parent involvement. We are honored to be a part of the Westerly Creek Community.

Posted July 21, 2014
Very happy with the school and the teachers. There are teachers aides in most, if not all, of the classrooms and generally very high levels of parent involvement. We also value the PE, music and arts classes and the school's focus on helping develop student character and reinforcing positive behavior: Compassion, Respect, Empathy, Engagement, Kindness. Our kids love going to school here.

Posted July 15, 2014
We have been at WCE for 3 years. My oldest son started as a kindergartner and my youngest will start kindergarten next year. We have been delighted with both the teachers and the administration. Knowing the teachers and the administration was important to me so I became involved very early with PTA and classroom volunteering. Both have been great experiences which have allowed me to get to know Jill Corcoran (principal) and each of my child's teachers. Jill has always been receptive to all of my feedback and is clearly committed to making the school the best school in metro Denver. I love that she knows almost all (if not all) of the kiddos by name and greets them enthusiastically in the morning. Our teachers have also been fantastic and always open to having me in the classroom and to providing good communication. I wholeheartedly recommend WCE to anyone who is looking for a good, warm school home.

Posted June 28, 2014
My daughter, Kate, recently completed her Kindergarten year at Westerly Creek (her second year at the school). We could not speak more highly of the school. When we moved here Kate had just completed a difficult year of preschool in California due to her social integration issues and Sensory Processing Disorder. Kate came in to Westerly Creek with an IEP, which was assessed and issued in California. Both Kate's ECE and kindergarten teachers were very accommodating of Kate's needs and provided an environment that have allowed her to excel both academically and socially. The parents, students and faculty at Westerly Creek have left us desiring little more for our daughter's academic environment and opportunities. Kate's younger sister, Lucy, is getting ready to start ECE at Westerly Creek this coming year and we look forward to watching her grow in the same environment.

Posted June 20, 2014
The Principal has been a gift to our community. She is a pillar of strength and devoted to each and every one of the 700+ children. I've watched her at the CSC meetings and with her students and her teachers and she is genuinely compassionate and in love with all of her students.

Posted June 20, 2014
Westerly Creek is a solid, student-centered school where teacher support and quality are paramount. This website proves that you can't please all the people all the time. Some parents who are stating their opinions - without any cited evidence - are entitled to their feelings however any one school can not meet the demands of entitled people who expect to get their way without being cognizant of the common good of all kids. The reason why this school is so high performing, attracts the best teachers and implements innovative programs is because of the principal. People need to respect that running one of the highest performing schools in the city school takes leadership moves that are not always popular with people with are only most concerned with their own little bubble of issues.

Posted April 28, 2014
WCE is an incredible place for kids - all kids! The leadership is strong, firm, yet supportive and continuously makes kids the focus of every decision. Our oldest is in 2nd grade, so we only have experience with the ECE-2nd grade teachers, but they have been so amazing for our kids!

Posted April 10, 2014
The principal is a terrible. She picks her favorite parents, students and teachers while belittling the rest. I have never experienced such a tense and unwelcoming school,

Posted April 01, 2014
I agree with other people. The school is nice. But the principal is very unprofessional and also bulling. I am surprised she is still there

Westerly Creek Elementary School
8800 East 28th Ave, Denver, CO  80238
Last modified Westerly Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westerly Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top