Posted July 21, 2014
Very happy with the school and the teachers. There are teachers aides in most, if not all, of the classrooms and generally very high levels of parent involvement. We also value the PE, music and arts classes and the school's focus on helping develop student character and reinforcing positive behavior: Compassion, Respect, Empathy, Engagement, Kindness. Our kids love going to school here.

Posted July 15, 2014
We have been at WCE for 3 years. My oldest son started as a kindergartner and my youngest will start kindergarten next year. We have been delighted with both the teachers and the administration. Knowing the teachers and the administration was important to me so I became involved very early with PTA and classroom volunteering. Both have been great experiences which have allowed me to get to know Jill Corcoran (principal) and each of my child's teachers. Jill has always been receptive to all of my feedback and is clearly committed to making the school the best school in metro Denver. I love that she knows almost all (if not all) of the kiddos by name and greets them enthusiastically in the morning. Our teachers have also been fantastic and always open to having me in the classroom and to providing good communication. I wholeheartedly recommend WCE to anyone who is looking for a good, warm school home.

Posted June 28, 2014
My daughter, Kate, recently completed her Kindergarten year at Westerly Creek (her second year at the school). We could not speak more highly of the school. When we moved here Kate had just completed a difficult year of preschool in California due to her social integration issues and Sensory Processing Disorder. Kate came in to Westerly Creek with an IEP, which was assessed and issued in California. Both Kate's ECE and kindergarten teachers were very accommodating of Kate's needs and provided an environment that have allowed her to excel both academically and socially. The parents, students and faculty at Westerly Creek have left us desiring little more for our daughter's academic environment and opportunities. Kate's younger sister, Lucy, is getting ready to start ECE at Westerly Creek this coming year and we look forward to watching her grow in the same environment.

Posted June 20, 2014
The Principal has been a gift to our community. She is a pillar of strength and devoted to each and every one of the 700+ children. I've watched her at the CSC meetings and with her students and her teachers and she is genuinely compassionate and in love with all of her students.

Posted June 20, 2014
Westerly Creek is a solid, student-centered school where teacher support and quality are paramount. This website proves that you can't please all the people all the time. Some parents who are stating their opinions - without any cited evidence - are entitled to their feelings however any one school can not meet the demands of entitled people who expect to get their way without being cognizant of the common good of all kids. The reason why this school is so high performing, attracts the best teachers and implements innovative programs is because of the principal. People need to respect that running one of the highest performing schools in the city school takes leadership moves that are not always popular with people with are only most concerned with their own little bubble of issues.

Posted April 28, 2014
WCE is an incredible place for kids - all kids! The leadership is strong, firm, yet supportive and continuously makes kids the focus of every decision. Our oldest is in 2nd grade, so we only have experience with the ECE-2nd grade teachers, but they have been so amazing for our kids!

Posted April 10, 2014
The principal is a terrible. She picks her favorite parents, students and teachers while belittling the rest. I have never experienced such a tense and unwelcoming school,

Posted April 01, 2014
I agree with other people. The school is nice. But the principal is very unprofessional and also bulling. I am surprised she is still there

Posted December 21, 2013
We've had two kids at Westerly Creek and are very happy. Our kids progressed very well academically and loved going to school each day. On the one occasion where my child witnessed some minor bullying behavior, I notified the teacher and was very impressed that although it was a very minor verbal incident, the teachers took it very seriously and dealt with it firmly and appropriately. I love the emphasis on good values...being kind to others, including everyone, helping others, etc. As for the Principal, she is great and clearly cares very much about the kids. It seems she is sometimes criticized for not tolerating disruptive behavior in the classroom, but that is not a fair criticism at all. She's doing her best to serve ALL the students in the school.

Posted August 22, 2013
Westerly Creek could be an amazing school if the Principal was no longer there. I cannot stress enough how disappointed we are/were in her ability to differentiate and her lack of emotional maturity. I honestly feel bad for the teachers that work for her because of her ability to bully and play favorites. I would not recommend this Principal to anyone. It is clear all she cares about is money and test scores based on her actions to my children's teachers and my children. Sad!

Westerly Creek Elementary School
8800 East 28th Ave, Denver, CO  80238
Last modified Westerly Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westerly Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 76 reviews.