PK-9|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 08, 2016
My family's experience at MCHD has been wonderful. My children get the individualized, careful and devoted instruction , attention and love that they deserve and need every single day. The Montessori philosophy is upheld in every way at the school and it is amazing to see the capable, confident, caring, respectful people my children continue to become. My children love to learn and that is what will serve them forever no matter where they go or what they do. MCHD is an authentic place that lives their values and vision and I am proud to be a part of this wonderful community.

Posted September 07, 2014
My son attended MCHD's Secondary Academy for 8th grade. It was the best overall school experience he's had since he started school. The individualized curriculum helped him gain confidence and experience success in his educational endeavors. The school director and classroom teacher worked collaboratively to come up with interesting and relevant lessons for him: two elements that made all of the difference for him. We loved the incredible opportunities that were woven into his experience: science camp, weekly shopping trips to plan group lunches, weekly cross fit classes and interaction with and teaching younger students--a great way to help him internalize what he learned. Most of all, he was treated with respect and valued for who he is as an individual. To have the combination of excellent academic content with a supportive school environment made our time at Secondary Academy a true high point for our gifted son. I wish they had a high school!

Posted September 02, 2014
MCHD is a place that I chose for my children based on their strong teachers and helpful staff. After being a part of the community for a few years now, I have no complaints! The teachers are very well-trained, the campus staff is professional and responsive, and the Central Office staff takes time to speak with me when I need them. I now have 2 elementary students and, not only are they learning at a higher level than I did at their age, but they are HAPPY! I feel like their curiosity is fostered and that they have the opportunity and are encouraged to voice their opinions. This comes from years of learning independence and care of self and others in their Primary classrooms. I feel very lucky to have found MCHD. I know that my kids will graduate from the MCHD middle school with a global view of the world and their place in it. I don't ask them how their day was over dinner, because they are bursting to tell me. "Guess what, Mom? I learned about pressure today!" my 6-year old said last week. And then he proceeded to show me a simple experiment demonstrating pressure. That's why I love MCHD: my children love LEARNING. (And I love their super-involved PTSA, too!)

Posted August 29, 2014
MCHDis a wonderful school where the children are always put first. My daughter is only started in the Toddler Program at Park Hill this August. Already in a few short weeks I can see her learning and growing. She loves school and is happy to go each morning. The staff are warm, friendly, passionate and dedicated , not to mention knowledgeable in both Child development and Montessori Philosophy. MCHD has a welcoming community that I would recommend to parents with children at any age.

Posted October 13, 2013
This is an amazing school. My son started there when he turned 3, and during his first week there, he woke up in the middle of the night just to tell us all about gravity and spaceships -- the things he had just learned and was really excited about. The teachers are encouraging and nurturing; they really care about the kids' individual talents and structure the curriculum to suit each child's needs. The administration is helpful and responsive. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 15, 2013
I read the reviews and wanted to comment on some of the more negative ones. We are at the Stapleton campus and have been very happy with the administration and their adherence to school policies. All the staff from the head to assistants are warm, friendly, & available. As for billing, twice we were incorrectly billed and both times I called the main office and the problem was fixed immediately. The woman who helped me was knowledgeable and very polite. My son loves his teachers, as do we. We have gotten to know them quite well and I am frequently involved in the classroom. Our teachers invite and encourage parent participation. I have never heard any parents at our campus say such drastically negative things about the school or the staff. As an aside, as a long time public school teacher and administrator with a Masters in Special Ed, I found the comment about parents of kids w/ learning disabilities just looking for small classes incredibly naive. Often these children have immense struggles in the cookie cutter world of public education, and unless you've experienced that first hand you should not be making assumptions as to why Montessori is a good fit for ay of these students.

Posted February 20, 2013
Our family has had both of our children at MCHD. The teachers are some of the most professional, nurturing, accessible and collaborative I have experienced. Both children started at MCHD as two year olds, and our son has now gone on to enter his new school in a great place in terms of both reading and math. It is amazing what children can and want to learn at such a young age! Our daughter is currently at the Birch Street location and is shining under the guidance of her teachers. Lastly, the community of teachers and families is second to none -- we have made many life-long friends through MCHD.

Posted February 19, 2013
The Montessori Children's House of Denver has played an instrumental role in laying the most amazing foundation with our daughter. Both her father and I attribute her ability to problem solve, apply real-world thinking skills and engage creative solutions as core teaching methodologies she learned through MCHD's attuned curriculum. We believe that MCHD has had a positive effect in shaping her character, and we understand that what s most important is an A+ human being, not necessarily A+ grades. Her parents would recommend MCHD, but in even better words of Ruby Kate; I love my school.

Posted February 19, 2013
As the parent of four kids, I have experienced many different types of schooling for my children over the years. MCHD provided our family with a wonderfully nurturing, supportive and kind environment for our son. Beatrice continues to hold a special place in our hearts as her approach with our son and our family was gentle as she found the best possible solutions to any challenges we faced. Our son was honored and celebrated for his unique gifts rather than forced to "fit in a box" that wasn't his size.. The staff is caring, thoughtful and fun! I continue to recommend this schools to all parents who are looking for that school with that something special.

Montessori Children's House of Denver 2

Posted February 04, 2013
Some of the teachers struggle to teach classrooms that have 3 different ages/grades. Many children with special needs such as learning disabilities and they are looking for small class sizes at a private school. Parents are only welcome in the classroom at very specific small time frames and you are not allowed to speak with anyone while in the room because you have to be an observer. However, they are happy to let you sign up for chores such as laundry!

Montessori Children's House of Denver
1467 Birch Street, Denver, CO  80220
Last modified Montessori Children's House of Denver is a Private school that serves grades PK-9