Posted April 15, 2015
We have been more than happy at Polaris. Our son has gone from 'mwah' about school to really excited. He has built great friendships, there is virtually no bullying and the kids seem to respect each other. Our daughter is growing into a girl who is OK with being smart. No need to dumb down to fit in. I'm so happy she learns this before the awkward teenage years and is comfortable with who she is. The parent below who refuses to send her kids here claims that siblings get a free pass in, even when they don't test HGT. NOT true. There aren't even enough spots for some siblings who did test HGT in KG. It is a bit white and I wish it was more diverse. Regarding it not being a neighborhood school: it is not supposed to be a neighborhood school, it is a charter school for highly gifted children (top 3%).

Polaris at Ebert Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2015
I live 2 blocks from the school, two of kids have tested HGT - AF ter further research - I REFUSE - to send my kids there for the following reasons: 1) does not represent the neighborhood at all - considering it is ONLY 3% low income and 81% white. REALLY? 2) Siblings (that aren't tested GT or HGT) are for the most part guaranteed in - thereby diluting the level of the school 3) most (upward of 50%) of the families are from Park Hill and Stapleton and Highlands Ranch - nothing wrong with that - but again - furthering my point of not being a neighborhood school. I am unhappy with this school and I hope this changes - to have a better representation of the demographics of Denver and the neighborhood.

Posted April 29, 2014
Polaris@Ebert is a great school for my two children. Its creative, The principal and staff are amazing, and my kids have loved it for 5 years. i hope to see this school more often every day.

Posted November 20, 2013
I moved my two children to this school this year and it has exceeded our expectations. Both my children are engaged, challenged, and feel like they are part of a greater community. I would highly recommend this school. I feel very lucky my children can get this quality of education within the DPS school system.

Posted May 16, 2013
Polaris at Ebert is a a fantastic school celebrating creativity with core curriculum and arts with science. I love that the school's community is comprised of many diverse and talented parents as well.

Posted September 09, 2012
Our eldest daughter graduated last fall and we are thrilled with how Polaris has prepared her for Middle School. She is a product of both the founding principal and the current principal, as well as past and current teacher. We credit her own efforts and the fabulously passionate teachers and current Principal for their hard work and educational values. Polaris is not always an easy place to learn because it is intense, yet we are so glad that our children have had the opportunity to learn there. Kudos to Polaris for not teaching for tests and for teaching for the better development of the children. We are so glad our younger daughter has two more years at Polaris!

Polaris at Ebert Elementary School 3

Posted September 06, 2012
My son is not "high acheiving," he struggles to get all his great ideas down on paper. I wish he felt more valued and included at Polaris. He feels bad that his test scores don't match what is "expected." I was warned about the changing leadership before we enrolled our boys here, but also heard a lot of great things too. I think if you have well-behaved children, and especially still quiet girls, you will be a better fit at Polaris. Loud, active, unruly boys that are hard to get a good finished product out of may have a harder time connecting with the administration.

Posted September 04, 2012
I must rave about Polaris, and I have read a few of the below comments and want to address them. I have found the new(er) principal to be quite approachable, supportive, professional, and engaging. She is a very strong leader. I understand that she took over leadership from the original founder and visionary of the school, but that the original vision was not able to be executed (too idealistic?) and the current vision for the school is very clear- teaching to high achieving and gifted kids, not squashing but rather keeping space for creativity, and establishing an incredible community with a strong parent base and love of learning. The school is a lovely old building with many great updates, the classrooms feel like traditional public school classrooms but with flairs of each teacher's own interests/passions. Polaris has the highest test scores of any school in DPS, but the kids don't seem to be taught to the test. Kids get help for learning differences when needed (although this might not be as extensive as at other schools). If many good teachers have left, many others have come that are just wonderful. This school makes it possible to feel totally at rest as a mom.

Posted January 05, 2012
Ebert is the best school in the metro area. Having come from other school(s) my husband and I feel like our children have found a safe haven that is nurturing and challenging to their intellectual and emotional needs. The teachers are exceptional, well trained and simply loving. The principal is a lovely person. She is open-minded, has an open door and heart for these children. The curriculum is cohesive and the electives are cherished by our kids! THANK YOU EBERT!!!

Posted September 27, 2011
The Polaris program at Ebert Elementary provides the best elementary school education in Denver. I've looked at Edison, Steck, Bromwell, Cory and Park Hill, but none of them compare.

Polaris at Ebert Elementary School
410 Park Ave West, Denver, CO  80205
Last modified Polaris at Ebert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Polaris at Ebert Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top