Northeast Academy Charter School 5

Posted October 23, 2012
I have seen very posityve things in this school. My Daugther loves coming to school!, I didn't have that reaction when she was at Park Lane Elementary. I wish DPS support more this school like they do all other schools. Their teachers are great, very friendly and their stuff are very nice. This school even offer tutoring for all kids, and they also have day care... I wish their contract get renew again because I will like for my kids to continue in this school. As a parent I like it because every day they have homework and I have seen the improvement on my kids.

Northeast Academy Charter School 4

Posted July 19, 2012
I have seen positivity in this school along with negative things. Some of the new teachers last year were not up to par in my opinion. I was thankful that my student was in a fourth grade class that had a consistent, stern, but kind and caring teacher. She invited parents to stop by at ANY time just to see what was happening in the classroom. My child made more growth in that classroom than previous years at this school. The principal did not seem to be around much. When I would drop my student off in the morning, she was never there. I suppose I just expect for the principal to be the face of the school...first one in, last one out. My student admitted that he had only seen the principal THREE times the entire year! It is no wonder why so many negative teachers slipped under the radar! I am just grateful for the teacher my son had this last year and my main complaint is that he won't be able to have her in fifth grade (I even tried to ask for her to potentially be moved). I am looking forward to the positive changes that I trust will be made this year.

Posted February 10, 2012
This school is thee worst! My child gets bullied there everyday. The principals do not know how to control the students as well as all of the new teachers. I am not sure why this school is still opened. The children aren't being challenged there at all! The students aren't given homework and if they do get homework, they get about 10-20 minutes of homework. How are children suppose to compete in society if they aren't being challeneged in there education. I am sick & tired of this school & will transfer my child out of there.

Northeast Academy Charter School 4

Posted September 30, 2011
This school has come a long way. I chose to bring my child here after having difficulty with another DPS school. So far, this year, he is getting his work done and looks forward to going to class. He has built a strong raport with his teachers. He has told me that the teachers care. If these are the new teachers, I say keep up the good work!

Northeast Academy Charter School 3

Posted May 12, 2011
The school is a little rough right now because it is a turn around school. A lot of the bad staff is leaving next year so we will have to see what happens. The new principal though really seems like she has her stuff together. Its not a good school right now but hopefully it will be next year.

Posted February 18, 2011
I have two children that go to this school. The school was wonderful up until this school year 2010-2011. The school did a turn around and got rid of every teacher, vice principle, and principle and brought in new ones. They do not know how to control or understand the student, nor do they try. It is by far the worst school I have came in contact with. They definitely will not be returning next year and I would not recommend this school to my worst enemy.

Posted February 04, 2010
I think this school is not all that. My child goes to this school and will not be next year!!! due to the lack of development skills. There are teachers asst. There who sit and not get involved with the children in thier classrooms.

Posted June 30, 2009

Posted May 27, 2009
Communication to parents is minimal until day of event, field trip, activity, etc. A lot of talk of good things but the proof is yet to be seen. Suspension rate is out the roof! Teachers do not respect the children as our future and foul language is exchanged daily and to be little a child is not acceptable at any grade. Would not refer anyone to attend this school until staff turnover changes from principal, vice principal to education assistants. Sorry but the truth hurts.

Northeast Academy Charter School 5

Posted October 18, 2008

Northeast Academy Charter School
4895 Peoria St, Denver, CO  80239
Last modified Northeast Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeast Academy Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top