Bad
Good

As a student from Howell since 2007, this school has made a dramatic impact on my life. I had a terrible record going into Howell they accepted me with open hands, and molded me into a exceptional student. Now since they have helped me i graduated with a 4.0 and now I have Michigan, Colorado state university, LSU, Alabama, and Colorado scouting me. So thank you Howell for your help. This school WILL HAVE YOUR STUDENT READY FOR HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE!

I love the fact that my child is required to wear school uniforms, takes gangs colors, social class distinction out of the picture. Creates more room to support learning and safety. They assign daily homework which needs to be turned weekly. Great way to involve parents with our childrens' education. Hard working teachers and caring faculty. Still room for improvement in academics, inovative teaching and parents involment. It was about time we got competive schools in the northeast Denver.

My daughter is is K. Her teacher is a very caring and loving teacher. My only concern is the traffic situation after school. There really is nobody taking charge of it and all the vehicles are parking in fire lanes, in the middle of the street, and behind parked cars in the parking lot, preventing parked cars to leave the school.

I believe that the principal puts forth every effort to keep our kids safe and to education them in academics and other aspects of life. However the lack of parent support is slowly turning our school into an average school. These kids and parents need to take more accountability and stop expecting the schools to raise, discipline and teach our children. If the teachers were able to spend more time teaching instead of trying to discipline these kids, the kids would be up to speed in all their subjects if not advanced. Thank you to all the teachers that take time out to do all they do each day. L.

The school is very good it make sure the kids are learning. They make the kids want to come to school and learn.

Last modified Howell K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.