Bad
Good

I have nothing good to say about this school. Overcrowded. Culturally inept. If you don't fit in among the majority, you will be ostracized and easily become the scapegoat.

I got two students @ this school doing exceptionally well. Been involved with school for 5 years and counting. The teachers are very dedicated and educated also easily approchable.

My son has been going to this school for three years. I don't feel that he is receiving the proper education. I went to the first parent teacher conference last week and I felt as though I was being tolerated. I felt like the teachers didn't even want to be there. I am doing my best to get my child out of this school, especially since he will be in the 6th grade next year.

If there was a rating for less than 1, I would give it to this school. Every day since he started school there last week, my son has been bullied. He is cussed at, hit, and called names constantly. He tells his teachers and all that happens is the kids get "talked to." If you can avoid this school, do so with all of your might! I will be fighting next week to remove my son and to get him into a safe environment.

Not impressed everytime I have gone into school teachers are yelling. I moved middle of the year here and this was the option at the time. I will be changing my children to a new school. Office doesn't do there job, turned in Lunch to them and they called lunch guy whom never picked it up then turned around and gave my daughter the 3rd deg???? This is not a childs issue. I walked in Lunch room to hand delivery the money next time just in time to see him waving his hands at my daughter....What this was his fault? They are not at all organized or friendly for that matter.

My son's preschool teachers have created a wonderful learning environment for their students. I could not be happier with their efforts. My son is obviously highly engaged during the school day and is developing a true love for learning. The teacher has been very responsive and helpful each and every time I've reached out to her. Highest of marks for Ms. Marta and Ms. Rachal!

Great school. My son's teacher Mrs. Salazar found great ways to get her students to learn and thrive. My son went from a non reader to level 7, he went from basic mathematics to multiple digit multiplication and division. Graphing, charting, time recognition and so on. All on a half day schedule in Kindergarten. Way to go Mrs. Salazar and way to go Florida Pitt Waller!

i would not recommend for some kids to not go to this school. Unless you want to be treated horrible, like i was. Yes i used to go to this school i only like the fun stuff mostly the talent shows and the carnival.

My daughter had to start school here mid-year and found that the spanish community kids have banned together and bully the non-spanish speaking students. When she brought the bullying to the teacher as we recommended, the spanish speaking teacher didn't do anything, not even pull the student aside and talk to them. We are seeing a bad trend of racial groups occuring even at such a young age.

I would not recommend this school to anyone! If you live in the area of this school it is worth the drive to take your child elsewhere. Most of the teaching staff is incompetent in adjusting to the needs of the children in their class, the Gifted and Talented Program is non-existent at this school, the front desk staff cannot spell, the funds from fundraising are put towards exterior improvements rather than improving the level of education received, and the communication to parents is very little or after the fact. Case in point - we received a permission letter for our son to watch a movie. The date the movie was going to be shown was that day (we received it AFTER school), but the school wanted permission letters on file. Our son will NOT be attending this or any other Denver Public School next year.

Last modified Pitt-Waller K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.