Posted March 26, 2014
Escuela de Guadalupe creates a warm and engaging learning environment by combining language, faith and culture in an asset-based learning approach that has received national attention. Escuela de Guadalupe is in its 15th year serving ethnically, linguistically and socio-economically diverse students in a financially-accessible, dual language Catholic K-5 program. What was founded in 1999 as a neighborhood school to serve the predominantly low-income Latino families of NW Denver, now serves 118 students from across 37 Denver metro area zip codes. Additionally, the school remains accountable to its graduates via its Graduate Support Program which guides, tracks, and supports graduates all the way through high school graduation ensuring they remain college bound. Stay tuned to hear more about Escuela's expansion plans which look to include a pre-kindergarten and a middle school.

Posted March 07, 2013
This is my child s first year at the Escuela and I am so excited that she is learning Spanish at such an early age since I lost it as a child. Plus she will be fluent in reading/writing/speaking by the 5th grade. This is when most bilingual programs are starting to be offered. I love the parent community involvement and the opportunity to meet other parents that are dedicated to ensuring their children receive the best education. I believe the Escuela is unique because it can offer the small classroom sizes, dedicated teachers that want to see your student successful. The opportunity for tuition scholarships and administration that ensures tuition is affordable. I highly recommend this school to any parents that are looking to ensure their child learns the Spanish language and also instills the catholic values.

Posted February 06, 2013
I have had children at this school for over 10 years. Contrary to a previous post I do not believe that the quality of the school has decreased due to the change in principals several years ago. My children who have graduated really are bilingual despite growing up in an English speaking home and they were actually over-prepared academically and motivationally for middle school. Teachers, staff and administrators are highly accessible and responsive to parents and know EVERY CHILD by name. Academics are challenging, discipline is firm (plusses in my book) and every child is respected, valued, encouraged and nutured. Technology is up-to-date and there is art, music, physical education, after school care, tutoring, and an after school soccer program. The religious education is not exclusional. Tuition is assistance makes it very accessible. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Escuela de Guadalupe.

Escuela de Guadalupe 2

Posted April 27, 2011
These reviews were written at least two years ago, when Dr. Vernita Vallez was the principal. Now, two years after she left, the school is not a bit more special than your neighborhood public school. The current principal has only a bachelor's degree and from another country! She has never been to school in the US and is not very knowledgeable about the system. I'm a mother of a former student at the school, and can say that I am very disappointed in the school. I believe my child will do just as great or even better at another school, where all the teachers actually have a teaching degree!

Escuela de Guadalupe 0

Posted November 03, 2009
Because Escuela de Guadalupe serves a population that is ofter overlooked.

Posted September 16, 2009
I have one child who just finished at Escuela and another that is there in 2nd grade. This school has met and exceeded any expectations I have had. The graduate program is amazing, and it's wonderful to see how my older child excels in another school after leaving Escuela. Truelly a amazing school and community.

Posted February 22, 2008
Escuela de Guadalupe meets *every* aspect of what we want in a school for our children: - dual-language instruction; - strong academic standards and enforcement; - a mixture of cultures and backgrounds; - high level parent involvement We also see our daughter learning ever more about the 'intangibles' that we feel are just as important in life, but sometimes overlooked at school: - respect for those who teach us, those from other cultures, those with other lifestyles and from other socio-economic backgrounds; - an understanding of larger concepts: community, the environment, the world, God and faith; - an appreciation of family, friends, government, the arts; - a strong curiosity, to think for oneself, and to ask questions.

Escuela de Guadalupe