Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Challenge School 4

Posted August 12, 2016
my friend told me about this school ,This school is very good rate and very good school .So that I'm so interested Because my son his brain is very smart so that I'm thinking about for my son future .

Challenge School 2

Posted February 17, 2016
Challenge used to be a superior learning environment for the academically motivated and gifted learner. However, it has fallen to the bureaucracy and sub-standards of current school administrators all the way up the district level. Sadly, the curriculum changes, admittance of non qualified students, and district administrators are running the school into the ground to be nothing more than a regular neighborhood school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 17, 2016
The teachers are amazing! They share a gift and a passion to educate these kids in the best ways possible. While they are being more and more restricted in their talents, they absolutely do their best!!!

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted February 17, 2016
It used to, and that is what it was founded upon. Sadly, district administrators are running it into the ground.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted February 17, 2016
How can the administrators develop respect for their students, when they have not earned respect?

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 17, 2016
Students are misled. They are provided the promise of an advanced education, but are merely following the district curriculum and standards.

Posted November 16, 2015
My two kids attended a local elementary school for K (and one for 1st grade). When my wife and I went to help out in the 1st grade class, we saw a teacher overwhelmed by the kids who could not read, and who had no time for our kids who were reading Harry Potter under the desk and ignoring the rest of the activities going on around them. There were no enrichment activities that I could see, and the teacher had no time for the advanced or the prepared kids. Challenge gave our kids a chance to thrive and grow with their peers in an environment that encourages and, indeed, expects their best, and for that I will be forever grateful. It is not for everyone, and once they were accepted (without donations), I watched carefully for signs that they were overwhelmed and perhaps at the wrong school. Thank goodness they found their "peeps" at Challenge, but I would have moved them again if they weren't happy. As it turned out, they went from reporting 2 "good" days in a full year at the previous school, to 2 "bad" days in a full year. We have now been at Challenge for 4 years, and I could not be happier. Finally, I wish our first school had pursued streaming much more aggressively, since lumping the 6th grade level readers with the 1st grade readers, writers, and math students (regardless of their age) just makes every kid feel like they have something to hide. The hit to the kids' self esteem only happens once in streaming. In contrast, the unworkable and ineffective teaching environment created by mixing all achievement levels into one class keeps on hurting kids day after day.

Posted February 27, 2015
This is the second year for my kid. We can't believe how much she changed in less than two years. She was bored silly in previous school. Now she is confident, highly motivated and couldn't be happier. Most other public schools mainly care about if a student can pass the lowest requirement of the standard. However in Challenge school teachers encourage students to do more, to win award in competition.

Posted September 29, 2014
This is my daughter's first year at Challenge (2nd grade) and so far we are so glad she was accepted into such a great school. I read some of the reviews about the application process and that it is unfair. I did not find this to be true. We applied for K and 1st grade. My daughter scored well on the tests and did not get a spot, but when there is a limited number of spots available, it happens. This year we were put on a wait list again, but a spot became available and we "won" it in the lottery pool of qualified applicants. It can't get much more fair than that, in my opinion. So far our kiddo is doing really well and her teachers have made sure she is comfortable and adjusts well. The opportunities given to expand young minds in the extracurricular activities, mini courses, and immersion weeks are just wonderful! I love that there are required family service hours to keep us all involved as part of a school community. Really excited for our future at this school!

Posted August 01, 2014
A school for the highly gifted and/ or highly motivated, academically advanced student, K-8.... I have 3 sons who have attended this school spanning the past 11 years. I appreciate that the Challenge School has worked with each of them on an individual basis so as to allow for them to reach their highest potential in math, science and language arts. The science and math teachers are second to none!!

9659 East Mississippi Avenue, Denver, CO  80247
Last modified Challenge School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.