Denver, CO

1 star

Posted May 29, 2014
If your child is special needs this school is NOT the school to bring them to, the teachers and staff members do NOT care about the students that have special needs and that need extra attention. THEY DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR CONCERNS OR ANYTHING YOU TELL THEM. So once again if your child has special needs or adhd or a.d.d. do NOT take them to that school. I am a parent with a child that has a.d.h.d and it breaks my heart the way the school treats my child.

Posted March 14, 2014
I WISH I COULD RATE THIS SCHOOL A ZERO, I HAVE TWO CHILDREN THAT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS. THIS SCHOOL SHOULD BE GUTTED OF ITS INADEQUATETEACHERS AND OTHER STAFF BECAUSE THEY DO NOT DO THEIR JOBS PROPERLY, ONE OF MY CHILDREN IS CONSTANTLY BULLIED EVERYDAY TO THE POINT HE DOES NOT WANT TO RETURN TO SCHOOL I HAVE BEEN TO THE SCHOOL ON NUMEROUS TIMES AND THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING , MY CHILD HAS A LEARNING DISABILITY AND THEY AND BECAUSE OF THE LARGE CLASS SIZES THEY DO NOT GET THE STIMULATION THEY NEED. ANOTHER CHILD IN FOURTH GRADE, I ASKED WHAT TIME IT WAS AND THEY COULD NOT TELL ME BECAUSE THE STAFF HERE IS ONLY WORRIED ABOUT WHAT CLUB OUTFIT THEY ARE GOING TO PUT ON THAT DAY, THE STAFF WALKS AROUND IN HIGH HILLS SHORT SKIRTS, AND HEAVY MAKE-UP IN FRONT OF THESE IMPRESSIONABLE CHILDREN. THE STAFF SHOULD HAVE A DRESS CODE LIKE THE CHILDREN. SO AS A RESULT MY CHILDREN WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THIS NEXT SCHOOL YEAR. HOPEFULLY THE SCHOOL BOARD WILL DO SOMETHING SOON ABOUT THIS SCHOOL BECAUSE CHILDREN IN THIS LIVING AREA NEED BETTER EDUCATION, AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES.

Amesse Elementary School

Posted December 26, 2007
I went to volunteer as a part of the junior achievement. I had a wonderful experience working these kids and would love to definitely go back and teach there again.

Posted April 03, 2005
I have made countless trips to the school with no improvement. His teacher is unable to be effective with her class size. As a result my son already hates school and is bored. They have no extra curricular activities for him to participate in, and the work is pointless. They have 5 or 6 sheets that are identical in exercise but change by letter only every week. I have yet to see an assignement that stimulates him on any level. There is next to no parent involvement, his class especially. His teacher appears annoyed to have to 'deal' with me so often. I am at a loss, because we aren't allowed to transfer to a school where he has a chance. This is what parents in my position have to deal with...inadequate education for our children.

Amesse Elementary School
5440 Scranton St, Denver, CO  80239
Last modified Amesse Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amesse Elementary School Rating: 1 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top