Denver, CO

Posted June 05, 2014
What a wonderful school!! We've been in the neighborhood for the last 18 months after relocating to Denver from North Carolina. Our daughter spent half a year in Kindergarten and a full First Grade year at Asbury, and we honestly couldn't be any happier. Personalized education, a school where the teachers actually get to know (and care about) the students, benefits of a small school environment with the access to all the resources of the surrounding Denver/DU area.. Before/After school care offered is also of a very high quality!!

Posted April 25, 2014
A rating this year! Way to go Asbury. Thanks to all the wonderful caring teachers, and a great principal who is showing strong leadership skills. Thanks to the parents as well. When everyone cares and helps, wonderful things happen.........like an A rating

Posted December 19, 2013
This is a GREAT SCHOOL!!!! My son is in Kindergarten and has learned so much! He has an awesome Teacher!!!! Love this school!!!!

Posted June 12, 2011
After looking at a lot of different schools for our daughter, I am so happy we decided on Asbury! Although it doesn't get as much attention as Cory and Steele etc. - it's a wonderful small school and we couldn't be any happier. It offers fabulous and caring teachers and staff, music, (drama new next year), art, PE, after school Spanish and art classes. And, my daughter loves it there so what more could you ask for?

Asbury Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2011
My child has a disability diagnosed by Nancy Uhlmann she has 3 masters degrees in teaching special education one of which covers dyslexia as her focus. Yet they say he has brain issues not Dyslexia he has seen the doctor and it is not brain damage. They still insist. They have my disabled child writing I AM NOT SATISFIED on his work. Having a DISABLED child write this will destroy his confidence. I called and after short discussion was hung up on me. my wife called and they said they don't have time to discuss things with parents its not their job. My other son was written up for poking someone with a wire they didn't even call me. i found out about this 2 months after it happened when they got around to disciplining him. When asked why 2 months later she told my wife they didn't have time. When asked how he got a wire they said they don't have the time to check the classrooms. last yr my oldest was bullied for over a yr and they didn't even notice when it was right in front of them.THIS IS A SCHOOL WITH NO TIME FOR ME OR MY KIDS...OR EVEN CHECK THE SAFETY OF HIS CLASS. ISN'T THIS THE SCHOOLS JOB? I have had so many problems. My kids will NEVER go there again EVER

Posted August 29, 2010
Asbury Elementary has proven to be and excellent school for our 2 children. the teachers are committed to the school and the continues growth of our children. The Asbury community is a very warm and caring group of parents and children. The student population is very diverse which is a great advantage to the children. We love Asbury and would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for the best education for their children!

Posted August 26, 2010
My daughter is thriving at Asbury on every level: scholastically, socially, physically, emotionally, etc. The teachers and staff are dedicated, positive folks who demonstrate their commitment to the school on a daily basis by being such incredible educators and mentors to the kids. My daughter loves her teachers and won't leave for the day without giving hugs and kisses goodbye. And I think that says a lot about *her* great perceptions of the overall culture - more than words could ever convey.

Posted August 25, 2010
I love Asbury Elementary. The Teachers are all wonderful. I haven't heard one bad thing about anyone of them. The Principal and her open door policy are very welcoming and friendly. My children are afforded some great opportunities here with free instruments and new technology. My oldest is well prepared for Middle school work and responsibility. My children are gifted and the school keeps them challenged.

Posted August 25, 2010
My kids love school. I think Asbury has a very nurturing environment with excellent teachers. When I am in the hallways, I hear teachers using very positive methods of teaching (no yelling-which was very prevalent at another school where I worked). I feel like the teachers really know my children and care about them personally. The principal has an open door policy and is concerned with getting to know all of the families at Asbury. The PTA is growing and trying to think of ways to increase parent involvement. I think improved networks of communications will help get parents more involved. I don't feel like it is a lack of desire or willingness to be part of their child's education. Asbury is culturally and socioeconomically diverse school that provides a caring learning environment for kids.

Posted August 25, 2010
I believe this school is amazing. although last year the only complaint i had was not enough paretns got involved when we needed help. and that was a little disapointing.

Asbury Elementary School
1320 East Asbury Ave, Denver, CO  80210
Last modified Asbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Asbury Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top