Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We have attended Cole for 2 years now. As an educator, I can tell you I have never seen such dedicated and caring teachers who can teach every child with differentiated instruction and have high expectations of all their students to succeed. The school provides a safe learning place for children and encourages them to be their best self. We are extremely happy with Cole and the direction they are moving. Reading scores are soaring and that is extremely impressive!!! So proud to be a Dragon!

My son started at Cole last year in the 4 year old full day program. I was quite nervous to start him at the school. Everything I found on the internet and on paper was not overly glowing. I have to say I was more than pleasantly pleased how our year turned out. The teachers were nurturing, communicative and addressed standards of education. My son we set up perfectly to start his Kindergarten year allowing him to excel towards literacy and comprehension of basic math concepts. We are now ending our Kindergarten year and I was quite pleased. He is now reading and writing delightful short stories. He also has an understanding of basic math concepts. The extras that have been cut in many schools are still alive here at Cole. Art, music and gym are still an integral part of the school week. The art projects that I have been receiving at home are beyond lovely. Faculty also has been nothing if not courteous and welcoming. Parents are encouraged to partake in committees and weekly parent meetings allowing to voice opinions which staff tries to implement. I have never felt anything other than respect from the student body never once witnessing violence, bullying or drug issues. My son exceeded end of the year state standards in January and is in the perfect position for the start of first grade. I am quite pleased with the Cole Family, students and staff.

I have a daughter in first grade at CASA, and she is thriving. They have an excellent, dedicated staff and are making great gains with their students. It takes a lot of special people, strong academics, and clear behavioral guidelines to ensure that a school as diverse both economically and culturally as Cole, is successful. And they are doing just that. I would highly recommend anyone in the neighborhood to visit before they make any assumptions based on statistics and score cards.

I have followed the progress of this school. The staff seems to be engaged, caring and dedicated. They have made many academic gains. The students are well behaved outside.

This is a HORRIBLE school. The teachers are rude to the parents and talk to the kids with an I don't care attitude. I regret sending my child to this school. This school could improve if they let go of the ones getting complaints about and put teachers in the school that actually like working with our children.

My daughter enjoys attending CASA. Each morning and after school, there are staff members on the sidewalks and entry door ensuring the children are safe making their way to school. This includes when it is below freezing outside or warm afternoons. Elementary teachers walk their students out everyday after school to ensure their school. We receive newsletters each month on ongoing activities on getting the parents involved in the school and communities.

This is the worse school I have ever been at- as a student, parent, or volunteer. The staff does not care at all about actually teaching the kids. My kids went into the school advanced and left (under a year later, I couldn't take it anymore!) behind. They lost knowledge and picked up bad skills and habits! Do your kids a favor- do anything you can to go to another school!! The leadership at this school is horrid. They must be the rejects from other schools. The teaching staff leaves quicker than the students, most of them are first year teachers and do not last very long. The school does put effort into parent involvement, but it is mainly for hispanic parents, so no help to me since I do not speak spanish.

Awful!! Send your kids anywhere else if you can. The staff does not care about the kids at all. Especially the administrator Ben. Not only is it a bad environment, my kids also feel behind when they entered the school ahead! They do not teach on or above grade level, there are no chanllenges, and no support for bored kids that learned what you are teaching 2 years ago! I also felt very unsafe there. There were multiple fights, issues with drugs, and weapons. You do not have to go to this school! The bus system will take your kids somewhere else.

horrible school they made my son start half days like a week after school started because he had "dangerous behavior" my son has an IEP and also has adhd HATE this school they wasted my time and my sond education was very poor this year thanks to them and by the way that assistaant principal anne jacobson is worthless !!! save your child dont take them to this school this school should get shut down again their front door security is awful also you can walk in like nothing after they open the door

this school rocks!! Great techers and awesome activitys. EX: Science Infiusuon learning labs and field trips

Last modified Cole Arts And Science Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.