Bad
Good

It's been a great fist week of school. The teachers have been really helpful. Even though they are new to our school, they are from the community and understand our needs and struggles. So far so good!! Im looking forward for a great school year. Thank you Ashley Team, you are the best!!

The school had some phenomenal teachers who were either let go, RIB'd or intimidated into leaving by the inexperienced and arrogant principal. A few of the good teachers remain, but it's unlikely they will be with the school for long. The parents were promised an "innovation" school. They were given the opportunity to help write and direct a plan that would improve the school. The plan was then changed behind the parents and teachers backs by the principal and the director of innovation for DPS. Very little care is put into the nurturing of the students. Teaching and learning have been traded for bottom line quantitative data. Treating students like numbers rather than individuals has marred the school. A sense of animosity looms over the students and the staff, alike, where a sense of community previously dominated.

Our daughter has been at Ashley as a preschooler (ECE) for the first semester of 2013. As a new English learner and recent immigrant, we were looking for just the right place for her to learn not only academics, but American culture as well. She absolutely loves Ashley. The school is a warm, welcoming atmosphere, where everyone knows her name and supports her. The uniforms provide a sense of pride in the school; the morning meetings develop camaraderie and school spirit. The behavior model is clear, providing the structure needed for every student to feel safe and supported. Teachers fill the school with energy and positive role modeling. She knows her principal and shakes his hand every morning as she arrives. The student body is diverse, respectful, curious, friendly, and welcoming. We feel confident that Ashley will provide her with the excellent foundation necessary to love learning and blossom. Coming from her warm African village, our daughter has found her new home.

We moved to the neighborhood when my daughter was in 1st grade. I was very disappointed in the school. There were some shocking behavioral issues and I didn't feel like the families respected the school at all. So, I "choiced" my daughter to another school for the next 2 years. I decided to give Ashley another shot and was pleasantly surprised to learn of all the new changes! I feel they may be a little too strict at times, but I believe it is 100% necessary to achieve the goals they have set. I am very happy for my daughter to be back in her neighborhood school and for the school to be something we can all be proud of. Their goals are amazing and definitely moving toward a way better future for our children. I can't express enough how happy I am with all of the changes!

CHANGE AT FIRST WAS DIFFICULT BUT THE SCHOOL HAS IMPROVED IN EVERY WAY. EXPECTATIONS IN ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AND STUDENT BEHAVIOR ARE CLEARLY SET HIGHER. TEACHERS, STUDENTS AND PARENTS ALIKE ARE RISING TO THE OCCASION.

My 5th grade child is a student at Ashley. We love it. The teachers are very caring and have been since we began there when my son was in ECE. There are classes in English in Spanish but the kids are mixed together often so they get a real appreciation of each other's culture. I know there are better school out there academically, but here I feel the teachers and staff really care about my child and work hard to make sure he gets the best education he can.

This school is horrible my son and I have had nothing but issues with the staff,they lost my child while he was in the classroom,we are and English speaking household I have told them this many times but my son still got homework in Spanish.These are just a few of many things that have happened at the school.I'm surprised they remain open.

What a Very nice school. The staff is wonderful with the students. I was even amazed that the Lunchroom food is Very Good. Keep up the good work!

My name is Tucker and I beilieve that this school cuoldn't get better

Last modified Ashley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.