Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

NOT AT ALL. This is a HUGE problem at Hodgkins that no one addresses, no matter how much you or your child go to them for help.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The higher ups at this school are the reason we are looking elsewhere next year.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have enjoyed all of the teachers. There isn't a whole lot of parent teacher communication, but its not bad at all.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There is hardly ever homework given out, Spring Break you think they would have something, same with Christmas... They hardly ever get homework here.

I previously wrote a good review for the school, but now I am looking to put my child elsewhere. This school is ok... They do the minimum, and its not the teachers. The principals do not care about bullying, there is no such thing as zero tolerance here. They never come home with homework. I was once satisfied but as the kids get older and need more the school is just not a good place. I would probably still recommend for little ones, but after 3rd grade you should probably look into other options.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school tells you everything that your child has done or what needs to be worked on to get where they need to be at.

I think hodgkings Elementary school is in excellent school for children. my kids have gone there since they were in kindergarten and the teachers are excellent. My kids are learning so much in school. Thank you to all the teachers that have helped my kids.

AMAZING! Staff is outstanding, I feel very lucky to be apart of this school and my children do so well! The facility is beautiful and the teachers are wonderful! The rating has gone from a 1 to a 3 in the last few years and the test scores have improved. I would not have my children in another school. Hodgkins is great for our community. It would have a higher rating if all the kids first language was English, but its not in a lot of our families, so these teachers work twice as hard. My childrens only language is English and they Excel! I love this school!

Nothing but good things to say, I think if the school is rated low on test scores its because unfortunetly a lot of the kids have Spanish as their first language. My sons both attend and their teachers are amazing. My kindergartner loves school and has learned SO much, hes way ahead of other family children his age or older. I am very shocked by the low rating, its sad, but its a wonderful school.

My 2 sons started going to Hodgkins when we moved to the area last January. There have been some small road bumps, but overall I have been very pleased. The principal is very active with the staff and kids (love it!). My kids' teachers have been outstanding. They are in touch with me when needed, call and email, respond quickly when I contact them, and most importantly, they are concerned about their students and definitely want them to succeed at their level. The facility itself is gorgeous (it's quite new) and clean. Being in the minority group has been a change, but I feel my kids are getting a great lesson in diversity and acceptance. If I could ask for more, it would be more parent involvement from the standpoint of working with their kids at home, with reading and math. But while some kids are behind, it does not hold my own kids back.

Last modified Josephine Hodgkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.