Denver, CO

Posted October 27, 2014
AMAZING! Staff is outstanding, I feel very lucky to be apart of this school and my children do so well! The facility is beautiful and the teachers are wonderful! The rating has gone from a 1 to a 3 in the last few years and the test scores have improved. I would not have my children in another school. Hodgkins is great for our community. It would have a higher rating if all the kids first language was English, but its not in a lot of our families, so these teachers work twice as hard. My childrens only language is English and they Excel! I love this school!

Posted April 18, 2013
Nothing but good things to say, I think if the school is rated low on test scores its because unfortunetly a lot of the kids have Spanish as their first language. My sons both attend and their teachers are amazing. My kindergartner loves school and has learned SO much, hes way ahead of other family children his age or older. I am very shocked by the low rating, its sad, but its a wonderful school.

Josephine Hodgkins Elementary School 4

Posted January 21, 2012
My 2 sons started going to Hodgkins when we moved to the area last January. There have been some small road bumps, but overall I have been very pleased. The principal is very active with the staff and kids (love it!). My kids' teachers have been outstanding. They are in touch with me when needed, call and email, respond quickly when I contact them, and most importantly, they are concerned about their students and definitely want them to succeed at their level. The facility itself is gorgeous (it's quite new) and clean. Being in the minority group has been a change, but I feel my kids are getting a great lesson in diversity and acceptance. If I could ask for more, it would be more parent involvement from the standpoint of working with their kids at home, with reading and math. But while some kids are behind, it does not hold my own kids back.

Posted March 22, 2010
I cant speak for the other classes but the have a new special needs class and for my high functioning son this has been a God sent. Ms. Sullivan is a miracle worker and my son has finally had a real education. Not sure why it's a 1 school, it's very clean, and the other staff is great. I don't think there are any non-spanish kids there except for the autism class which at first was weird for us since we are only one of a few white parents but really after awhile I didn't even notice anymore. The school is super clean and I have no problems at all. The principal really really cares.

Josephine Hodgkins Elementary School
3475 West 67th Ave, Denver, CO  80221
Last modified Josephine Hodgkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Josephine Hodgkins Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top