Denver, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted November 12, 2014
I can not say enough about the amazing things going on at Brown the teachers are amazing and my child is advancing more than I dreamed

Posted September 11, 2014
Our girls went to private school for 3 years and Brown is by far a better school in all our estimates! The community involvement really seems to keep them feedback and they respond by challenging the children and parents with more excellence! Good job everyone for making this the best grade school in the Highlands!

Posted September 06, 2014
Our whole family all three children really does love Brown International Academy in Denver CO

Posted September 04, 2014
Amazing school!! The family can not say enough about how amazing this school is. There is great parent involvement. The teachers really go above and beyond.

Posted August 26, 2013
Our family has been at Brown for the past 6 years. It is a wonderful community of families, and the teachers, support staff, and front office staff are top-notch. The Principal is committed and caring and very approachable to parents and students alike.

Brown Elementary School 4

Posted October 05, 2010
We came to Brown last year because of its "flooding" reading coupled with Accelerated Reading, and regular staff meetings to review student progress. For "flooding" and AR, students are grouped by where they are actually reading or in math, not by their grade level. Then, staff meet regularly to adjust educational plans based on what is actually happening. Our child has an IEP (needs extra support) due to illness. We feel strongly that Brown's systematic approach inherently will adapt to her needs - whether she needs more time or more challenge. The Brown community is building and growing with many parents volunteering and growing the PTO as well as other volunteer initiatives. Last Spring's volunteer breakfast had more than 50 attending... with more than 100 invitations sent. We're very happy to be part of this up and coming school and its community.

Posted September 27, 2010
We selected Brown because they offered the IB curriculum. Our daughter is in 1st grade and started Brown in ECE (prekinder). We are very happy with her academic achievement already this year. She also likes to discuss events or topics that affect the planet and society over dinner. If raising a child to be aware of the world around them is important to you, I highly recommend this school. Academically it has been on an upward trajectory since revitalization. There is a great story behind the scores.

Posted September 24, 2010
The school community at Brown is outstanding. I have a 1st grader and kindergartner and I feel very supported as a parent. The teachers are very caring and dedicated to providing more than just standard learning materials. My favorite aspect is the school's endeavors to make the kids feel like they are responsible for others as well as themselves, and that they are part of a larger community than their small sphere of classroom activities.

Brown Elementary School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
Our child has been attending Brown for two years now, and we have been thrilled by the teachers and the learning that is taking place. My child had a wonderful teacher for Kindergarten, and this year had an amazingly-talented first-grade teacher. Classes were large this year, but the teacher clearly had the respect of her students and the classroom environment was friendly and orderly. My child's reading has improved dramatically, from barely reading to reading at above a 2nd-grade level at the end of the year! In math, he has also exceeded expectations, despite his short attention span. The principal is very approachable and visible in the hallways and the office staff is super friendly.

Brown Elementary School 0

Posted January 22, 2010
When we selected Brown we were so excited about the IB curriculum. What we soon found out is that the curriculum is not at all challenging; our 1st grader is bored! The apathy in the classroom is also a problem, and it clearly affects children who are eager to learn and excited about school. I am not impressed and my experiences with the principal have not been good. I do have to say, the Kinder team is great, but it's a big disappointment afterward.

Brown Elementary School
2550 Lowell Blvd, Denver, CO  80211
Last modified Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top