Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My daughter was mistreated and I was not made aware of it, even though she talked to her teacher and was bullied in front of her teacher. During one occasion she was pulled across the snow by her hair and I was not informed. My daughter told me about it several months later and the story was comfirmed by another student.

Overcrowed, was turned away even though it was our neighborhood school had to threaten the school with news coverage to get her in as required by law. Not a ethnically mixed school. Lack of communication between staff and parents. Was not told my daughter was being bullied even though she complained to teacher about being dragged through the snow by another student. My daughter loves school and has always been social and enjoyed school until she went to Brown. The beginning of school started off great, one day one of the popular girls decided not to include her in their group. They started off by ignoring her and eventually bullied her. The sad thing is I had relationships with the other parents, I attended parent teacher meetings and I also volunteered for field trips and nobody told me about what was going on. My daughter was too embarrassed to tell me anything, and her teacher never once mentioned any social problems. I noticed a change in my daughter and started to ask her what was going on. She broke down crying saying that the other girls had bullied her for 5 months and nobody protected her including the teacher who was always "too busy" to care. I am a working single mother and worked very hard to keep up with the stay at homes moms that tend to be the norm at this school. I did everything I could to get answers once I found out what happened. I was given the cold shoulder by the community and left with nothing but questions. Our cousin was a grade younger and seen what was going on and felt helpless. She told me she would watch my daughter sit by herself and was not allowed to play with her because they were in different age groups therefor separated in the playground. The staff was 100 rude and always seemed eager to get us out of their hair. My daughter has been moved to another school in which she has zero problems and is doing well. She had no problems previous to Brown and zero problems after Brown. I still am left with nothing but questions for the staff, community and students at Brown.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Good at teaching, over whelmed with over crowding and do not inform parents of bullying or abuse.

Amount of homework: Disagree

About 2 hours of homework every night which is fine if you do not have a job or and your student does not participate in after school sports.

I can not say enough about the amazing things going on at Brown the teachers are amazing and my child is advancing more than I dreamed

Our girls went to private school for 3 years and Brown is by far a better school in all our estimates! The community involvement really seems to keep them feedback and they respond by challenging the children and parents with more excellence! Good job everyone for making this the best grade school in the Highlands!

Our whole family all three children really does love Brown International Academy in Denver CO

Amazing school!! The family can not say enough about how amazing this school is. There is great parent involvement. The teachers really go above and beyond.

Our family has been at Brown for the past 6 years. It is a wonderful community of families, and the teachers, support staff, and front office staff are top-notch. The Principal is committed and caring and very approachable to parents and students alike.

We came to Brown last year because of its "flooding" reading coupled with Accelerated Reading, and regular staff meetings to review student progress. For "flooding" and AR, students are grouped by where they are actually reading or in math, not by their grade level. Then, staff meet regularly to adjust educational plans based on what is actually happening. Our child has an IEP (needs extra support) due to illness. We feel strongly that Brown's systematic approach inherently will adapt to her needs - whether she needs more time or more challenge. The Brown community is building and growing with many parents volunteering and growing the PTO as well as other volunteer initiatives. Last Spring's volunteer breakfast had more than 50 attending... with more than 100 invitations sent. We're very happy to be part of this up and coming school and its community.

Last modified Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.