Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 25, 2015
The school assigned a lot of homework, so much that I , a working parent was not able to keep up. The only persistence my daughter learned was a constant determination to win over her classmates with expensive shoes and clothes.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 25, 2015
My daughter was mistreated and I was not made aware of it, even though she talked to her teacher and was bullied in front of her teacher. During one occasion she was pulled across the snow by her hair and I was not informed. My daughter told me about it several months later and the story was comfirmed by another student.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 25, 2015
Once again my daughter was bullied and I was not informed by staff, teachers, or other parents whom knew about the bullying.

Brown Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2015
Overcrowed, was turned away even though it was our neighborhood school had to threaten the school with news coverage to get her in as required by law. Not a ethnically mixed school. Lack of communication between staff and parents. Was not told my daughter was being bullied even though she complained to teacher about being dragged through the snow by another student. My daughter loves school and has always been social and enjoyed school until she went to Brown. The beginning of school started off great, one day one of the popular girls decided not to include her in their group. They started off by ignoring her and eventually bullied her. The sad thing is I had relationships with the other parents, I attended parent teacher meetings and I also volunteered for field trips and nobody told me about what was going on. My daughter was too embarrassed to tell me anything, and her teacher never once mentioned any social problems. I noticed a change in my daughter and started to ask her what was going on. She broke down crying saying that the other girls had bullied her for 5 months and nobody protected her including the teacher who was always "too busy" to care. I am a working single mother and worked very hard to keep up with the stay at homes moms that tend to be the norm at this school. I did everything I could to get answers once I found out what happened. I was given the cold shoulder by the community and left with nothing but questions. Our cousin was a grade younger and seen what was going on and felt helpless. She told me she would watch my daughter sit by herself and was not allowed to play with her because they were in different age groups therefor separated in the playground. The staff was 100 rude and always seemed eager to get us out of their hair. My daughter has been moved to another school in which she has zero problems and is doing well. She had no problems previous to Brown and zero problems after Brown. I still am left with nothing but questions for the staff, community and students at Brown.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 25, 2015
Good at teaching, over whelmed with over crowding and do not inform parents of bullying or abuse.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 25, 2015
About 2 hours of homework every night which is fine if you do not have a job or and your student does not participate in after school sports.

Posted November 12, 2014
I can not say enough about the amazing things going on at Brown the teachers are amazing and my child is advancing more than I dreamed

Posted September 11, 2014
Our girls went to private school for 3 years and Brown is by far a better school in all our estimates! The community involvement really seems to keep them feedback and they respond by challenging the children and parents with more excellence! Good job everyone for making this the best grade school in the Highlands!

Posted September 06, 2014
Our whole family all three children really does love Brown International Academy in Denver CO

Posted September 04, 2014
Amazing school!! The family can not say enough about how amazing this school is. There is great parent involvement. The teachers really go above and beyond.

2550 Lowell Boulevard, Denver, CO  80211
Last modified Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.