Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They show so much care and support for students. They are engaging, innovative and passionate about student learning.

Amount of homework: Agree

I have not experienced excessive homework. They are usually given assignments a week at a time and if they manage their time and have support at home I feel all the tasks can be accomplished.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They offer several programs to help students develop self confidence and interpersonal skills. They have anti-bullying programs and they constantly engage in activities that promote school pride and community.

I have two children who attend this school and we love it! The classroom sizes are small and they get a lot of individualized attention. They have both been thriving socially and academically. There's a newly charted PTA and they have really worked hard to create more family themed events to continue to make it a community. Teachers work hard and provide lots of opportunities for learning outside the classroom. They have a strong mariachi program and have started to offer more free or reduced cost after school activities. We are very happy we chose this school.

We are in our third year at the school and both of my children love school and are thriving. The academics are high, the dual language program is excellent, the class sizes are small and there is strong parent involvement. They recently added a before and after school care program, which is really helpful too. There seems to be good parent involvement from both the English speaking and Spanish speaking parents and a new PTA. We will stay through middle school to help solidify the second language skills in our kids.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I'm not a big fan of homework, so other parents may feel it's the right amount. My kindergartener spends about 10-15 mins a night on homework and my 1st grader spends about 20 minutes a night.

Model is teaching second language similar to learning fist. Use it don't translate it. Have two kids at BW. Both are learning spanish better than our neighborhood dual language schools. They could be better after four plus years. They are strong at three Rs. Have little to no anglo parental involvement. School is orderly and secure. Will keep my kids through middle school.

This school is trying to do something great but is not successful in it. The teachers are continually changing because they feel little to no support. Also, the school does not report things because it does not want to get a bad report as a school.

I attended this school for the 3rd to 5th grades, in the years of 1994-1995. I would like to note, that I had a dear teacher here by the name of Mr.Herrera. He was a super bright, kind, compassionate teacher; who encouraged us, and pushed us further in our learning. He would get the class so excited and do our daily 'speed dictionary look-up words of 15-25) and all the student would be very much into it. I think about him now, that I'm in college and thank him so much for encouraging me into my future and passions. If you ever read this Mr.Herrera, Hi, from Christina. C.

Last modified Bryant Webster K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.