Denver, CO

Cheltenham Elementary School 3

Posted July 23, 2014
I have had 4 children attending this school for the past five years. The teachers and majority of the staff have been absolutely amazing until the 2013-2014 school when the new principal arrived. The enviroment quickly became extremely tense, my children hated their enviroment and were terrified of her, and the greatest teachers were overwhelmed by stress. Many of the teachers, several of whom have been teaching there for years and have a rapport with students and their families, will not be there for the 2014-2015 school year. Some have been forced out, others have left because of a hostile enviroment. Many of the vacant teaching positions have not yet been filled and there are anticipations of class sizes in the 40's. I am extremely disappointed with the so-called "leadership" at this school. What was once a great enviroment for effective learning, is now a place many students dread going. A petition was even started in an attempt to get this principal removed from her position. Hopefully something changes in the near future.

Posted February 06, 2014
I went to this school as a little kid and I am now a senior in high school. Looking back I can't even begin to explain how much I love this school and how much it helped me become a better person than I already was! People always tell me "that school is ghetto" but it was different to me. Those kids that you consider ghetto are actually good people! Every teacher I had was more than amazing to me, I will forever remember Ms. Kelly, Ms. Knauke, Ms. Gonzales, Mrs. Switzer, and Mr. Murphy! I will always be grateful that I was blessed with such amazing teachers that wanted to help me learn!.

Posted October 31, 2010
I have daughter in cheltenham she learn fast and she is a good student thank u all the staff

Posted April 09, 2009
To all Parents i'am really clad I have my daugther in Cheltenham elementary School, all teachears and staff is really helpfull and nice, my daugther has learned alot in a really short time. Thank You All

Posted April 02, 2009
We don't want to brag, but our Kindergarten Team rocks! It is so much fun to come to work each day and love the people we work with! Our team plans, implements and supports one another in attaining and surpassing the DPS standards. Please feel free to set up an appointment to tour our school, and be prepared to be WOWED!

Posted April 02, 2009
Cheltenham is a super school with super teachers. All of the teachers that work at Cheltenham are dedicated and care deeply about their students academic success. Cheltenham has been chosen by the EPIC organization to serve as a case study for schools who have made significant academic growth over the past 2 to 3 years. Certainly one of the most promising schools within the Denver Public School district, and a positive environment for all students. I would highly recommend this school to any parent interested in enrolling their student in a Denver Public School. Luke Fairbairn - 2nd Grade teacher

Posted April 01, 2009
We have an extensive Arts program at Cheltenham Elementary that incorporates all the art forms. Not only do our students get excellent instruction in Visual Art and Dance, we are partnered with several non-profit organizations giving our students the opportunity to explore drama and music with Butterfly Hope, Harmony Project, Artreach, and Colorado Ballet. The arts are infused in every aspect of the community here at Cheltenham. From artwork being displayed throughout the school to student dance performances. Just walk down our hallways and you will be inspired by the murals painted on the walls by past and present students, pencil drawings, mosaics, impressionistic to abstract. Then follow your ears toward the beautiful sounds of music coming from the gym, where students are learning the dances and cultures of far away places or discovering their own movement through choreography. Integrating writing, math, and science into the arts broadens students capability to create new processes, develop solutions, and experience life by contemplating and reflecting on the art that they experience.

Cheltenham Elementary School
1580 Julian St, Denver, CO  80204
Last modified Cheltenham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cheltenham Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top