Public charter
Denver, CO

Posted November 28, 2014
I'm a FORMER teacher from this school and the big reason I left was due to the high level of disrespect that some of the middle school students have for their teachers. Cussing at them, walking out of class whenever they want, yelling and back talking, and accusing staff members of being racist whenever they get in trouble, even when asked to do the simplest things. The school refuses to really discipline the trouble makers and thus they disrupt the entire learning environment. These kids are doing what they please and the principal does nothing about it and has even made excuses for their behavior. In other schools I've worked at kids were suspended for this type of behavior! Suspensions are not a part of the philosophy at this school no matter how severe. Good families and teachers are leaving, left, or looking to leave by the end of this school year if not before. This can be a good school, but as long as certain behaviors are being tolerated, it will continue to struggle and staff turnover will remain high. There are many good kids at this school, but unfortunately there are too many others who are making it less desirable.

Posted April 28, 2014
I think this school is GREAT for many reasons. The teachers work really hard and are supportive of the students. They go above and beyond planning lessons and making sure the students are receiving the best education. The paraprofessionals in the classroom support the teacher with small group intervention for struggling students. The school welcomes parents - parents are required to volunteer 2 hours a quarter in the classroom. The school puts on various events including Family Fiesta and CCA day. The administration is supportive of the students. They are approachable when you have questions. I would recommend this school to others!

Posted August 22, 2013
I am so excited for the new school year. Cesar Chavez just gets better every year. A new school, like everything else, takes time to iron out the flaws and learn. The recent turnover in teachers was a concern, until I reseachered the turnover in other schools. Unfortunaetly, the pay is not close to what our teachers are worth, personality conflicts are in every work place and young teachers just move on. I am confident that our scores will speak volumes. Our parent approval rate is 92%! What a inspiring addition to Northwest Denver!

Posted August 22, 2013
I have three children attending CCA and have been since kindergarten my oldest now in 7th grade. I am confident I have chosen a great school for all three of them. I understand the concern w/ the turn over in teachers but I am completely satisfied with the way Ms. Patel is running the school. I thought she was an amazing teacher and now she's an amazing leader. Her biggest concern is educating our children and I am so proud to be apart of such a great organization and community. I know they are there to listen, communication is great w/ teachers and all staff for that matter. Ms. Patel is outside every single morning and afternoon to greet the students, watching out for the safety of her students. I would recommend this school to my closet family. I encourage anyone looking for a great school in our neighborhood to pay CCA a visit. Academically my children are doing wonderful, honor roll every semester.

Posted August 06, 2013
My boys went to Cesar Chavez Academy for K -2 and K-1. I have been so impressed by the high academic standard as well as with the strong community feel. I felt great about dropping them off in the morning, especially when I seen the principal and other teachers outside to greet them. Both of my boys are reading 2 grades ahead. I love that they were assessed so quickly and put in reading groups that fit their level. We were sad to leave the school after moving to Northglenn.

Cesar Chavez Academy Denver 4

Posted July 25, 2013
My children have attended the school since it opened and I have only seen changes for the positive - and so happy the school is K-8! The current Admin team are all former educators and seem to be holding the teaching staff to a higher standard than those before (and the test scores show the improvements). The principal is wonderful - a no-nonsense person, but you can tell she really loves all those kids. Still a young school and not everyone will always be happy, but there are lots of good changes and moving in the right direction! Fresh faces and new perspectives is not a bad thing!

Posted July 25, 2013
I live in the community and feel that CCA is absolutely the best school in the area for my kids. The school has a strong focus on things that matter in the real world, reading, witting and arithmetic . They go way above and beyond the basics though and emphasize that every kid can achieve anything they want - each classroom is named after a college and they drive the fact home that college is not only for other kids, it's for everyone. CCA teaches my kids to be community leader, scholars and citizens of the world. They give kids the mind set to have BIG ambitions and then teach them how to follow and achieve those ambitions. Great principal and dedicated staff who care about these kids make it a great place to send your kids every day!

Posted July 25, 2013
I have had my children at CCA since it opened it's doors and am extremely happy with the staff and administration. I feel like this school has seen many changes over the past 5 years and the changes show growth in both test scores and culture. The current principal is amazing and is extremely focused on what is best for the kids. I highly recommend this school for families looking for a great school in a great community.

Posted July 24, 2013
CCA-needs to change name to HOT MESS!!! very unhappy as a community member, administration and the CCA school board need to be educated on how to run a successful institute of education. With such a HUGE staff turn over after the 2012-2013 school year should tell everyone there is something wrong at CCA. I am so happy that none of my children will ever have to attend CCA, I will drive any distance just so that they won't.

Posted May 30, 2013
I was extremely happy with this school until the recent turn over, every grade level has lost a teacher and those that have applied internally, are being rejected, this saddens me because they are excellent teachers that could help the school grow in such a positive way! None the less here goes another school year learning new staff etc, I am not willing to do this and have choosen to send my children to a school that can retain staff and students! So sorry for the change in principal as well I fill that she is an excellent person but not the best leader for the school, very little growth has happened since she took over, it saddens me :(

Cesar Chavez Academy Denver
3752 Tennyson St, Denver, CO  80212
Last modified Cesar Chavez Academy Denver is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cesar Chavez Academy Denver Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top