Denver, CO

Posted August 25, 2014
Denver Green School is a great school! My son first came to the school last year for fifth grade. He has struggled with conventional learning since kindergarten. I believe it was a combination of his great teachers, parent communication and a more modernized style of learning, but my son did amazing. For the first time since starting school, he loves his school, has great friends and a real sense of community! The school year just started again and I'm happy to have both of my children attending DGS now. GO DRAGONS!

Posted August 11, 2014
This school is awful. My child is bullied and gets in trouble for it, the principal only comes around to judge you even though she's never met you or been around before then, and the punishment for children is pretty much non existent. I guess to be fair we just came from New York which has a better school system/education by far but I can't wait to try and get him out of this school.

Posted January 17, 2014
We were lucky enough to be able to choice in to this wonderful school! We have nothing but the highest and praise and the most sincere gratitude. The school community truly involves, challenges and cares for our child in a thoughtful, kind and meaningful way!

Posted May 30, 2013
my first grade son is been bullied by his teacher she is verbally abusive we had have a very difficult year a specially after talking to the principal about the issues than thinks has become worst. I hope other parents don't go through what I experience.

Denver Green School 1

Posted May 08, 2013
I am a student at DGS and by far I hate it! I am in 6th grade and my teachers are the worst! I mainly have 3 teachers depending on that specific day. there is Mrs. ****** which is probably the worst. She sometimes gives refocus to the kids that actually do their homework! Second is Mr. ******, he isn't that bad but as the school year passes by he starts getting even more strict. Mr. ********* is the third and I have got to say he needs to keep his hands to himself! He grabs kids from the shoulders and pushes them so that he can get their attention. I think they need better teachers for the 6th grade. for 7th and 8th grade, I think the teachers a very nice. I am making this review mainly for those 5th graders that are heading the 6th grade! I am saying this from experience so I do not recommend this school for your child, especially if he/she is in 6th grade.

Posted May 03, 2013
We don't bring this criticism lightly. We admire aspects of this school & the teachers. Our child loves his teachers & they encourage him to incorporate his specific skill set into his learning as often as possible. You can pay 250$ a week over summer to come work a portion of the garden. We can't afford it. Bummer because we live in an apartment, but here is our biggest issue: American history, basic economics & foreign languages are not taught. We find this to be an ongoing & troubling issue. Their priorities are kind of out of whack: Last Fall, funds raised for patio stones @ 50$ ea. could have been used to buy books for the Literature teacher who didn't have enough for her students. We don't feel our child is being prepared for the rigors of high school academia. Not laying this entirely at the feet of his current school, but important pieces are missing there & resolution seems to come slowly if at all. We feel our son @ times is a proverbial guinea pig immersed in an experimental education, the results of which are questionable & may only be revealed long after he's departed DGS.

Posted April 02, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS HANDS DOWN - THE BEST THAT DPS HAS TO OFFER!!! My son opted out of Hill to go to DGS and it's a good thing he did. He is doing so well that he doesn't even have to take HS algebra next year. The teachers are amazing and there is none of the dreaded "middle school drama" going on. Cannot recommend it enough.

Posted September 10, 2012
This school is awesome. My daughter is in 3rd grade, her teachers are great, supportive and very attentive.

Posted July 04, 2012
I must say this school is by far one of the best in SE Denver. My daughter began kindergarten with Ms. Pattishaw and has excelled all school year. She is now reading at the 3rd grade level and is advanced in over half of her course work The teachers are extremely involved, kids are great and the concept is unique. She especially enjoys the ski club, demonstration nights and family events. Three cheers for Denver Green School... Hip Hip Hooray!

Posted May 09, 2012
The best school in DPS, I am convinced. Both my son and daughter attend DGS, and have since it opened last year, and we have been continually impressed by both the teaching staff and the parenting community. I am very comfortable leaving my children here every morning, I know that they are in great hands. My daughter attended another DPS school prior to coming to DGS, and the difference is amazing. Both my children are excited to go to school. Another perk is the farm attached to the school, what a fantastic thing to have the kids know and see where food comes from! DGS fosters and really cares about the community around it, and the community of the families and students, and it shows.

Denver Green School
6700 East Virginia Ave, Denver, CO  80224
Last modified Denver Green School is a Public school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Denver Green School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top