Bad
Good

Diversity My son has no concept of difference when it comes to his peirs. He likes everyone and everyone likes him. He love his teachers and friends and has excelled more than I thought possible in Kindergarten.

My boys have been there since the school's inception and have flourished. They approach just about everything in a unique way and the staff actually cares about their smaller classes.

Denver Green School is a great school! My son first came to the school last year for fifth grade. He has struggled with conventional learning since kindergarten. I believe it was a combination of his great teachers, parent communication and a more modernized style of learning, but my son did amazing. For the first time since starting school, he loves his school, has great friends and a real sense of community! The school year just started again and I'm happy to have both of my children attending DGS now. GO DRAGONS!

This school is awful. My child is bullied and gets in trouble for it, the principal only comes around to judge you even though she's never met you or been around before then, and the punishment for children is pretty much non existent. I guess to be fair we just came from New York which has a better school system/education by far but I can't wait to try and get him out of this school.

We were lucky enough to be able to choice in to this wonderful school! We have nothing but the highest and praise and the most sincere gratitude. The school community truly involves, challenges and cares for our child in a thoughtful, kind and meaningful way!

my first grade son is been bullied by his teacher she is verbally abusive we had have a very difficult year a specially after talking to the principal about the issues than thinks has become worst. I hope other parents don't go through what I experience.

I am a student at DGS and by far I hate it! I am in 6th grade and my teachers are the worst! I mainly have 3 teachers depending on that specific day. there is Mrs. ****** which is probably the worst. She sometimes gives refocus to the kids that actually do their homework! Second is Mr. ******, he isn't that bad but as the school year passes by he starts getting even more strict. Mr. ********* is the third and I have got to say he needs to keep his hands to himself! He grabs kids from the shoulders and pushes them so that he can get their attention. I think they need better teachers for the 6th grade. for 7th and 8th grade, I think the teachers a very nice. I am making this review mainly for those 5th graders that are heading the 6th grade! I am saying this from experience so I do not recommend this school for your child, especially if he/she is in 6th grade.

We don't bring this criticism lightly. We admire aspects of this school & the teachers. Our child loves his teachers & they encourage him to incorporate his specific skill set into his learning as often as possible. You can pay 250$ a week over summer to come work a portion of the garden. We can't afford it. Bummer because we live in an apartment, but here is our biggest issue: American history, basic economics & foreign languages are not taught. We find this to be an ongoing & troubling issue. Their priorities are kind of out of whack: Last Fall, funds raised for patio stones @ 50$ ea. could have been used to buy books for the Literature teacher who didn't have enough for her students. We don't feel our child is being prepared for the rigors of high school academia. Not laying this entirely at the feet of his current school, but important pieces are missing there & resolution seems to come slowly if at all. We feel our son @ times is a proverbial guinea pig immersed in an experimental education, the results of which are questionable & may only be revealed long after he's departed DGS.

THIS SCHOOL IS HANDS DOWN - THE BEST THAT DPS HAS TO OFFER!!! My son opted out of Hill to go to DGS and it's a good thing he did. He is doing so well that he doesn't even have to take HS algebra next year. The teachers are amazing and there is none of the dreaded "middle school drama" going on. Cannot recommend it enough.

This school is awesome. My daughter is in 3rd grade, her teachers are great, supportive and very attentive.

Last modified Denver Green School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.