Bad
Good

I had my son in there they are great never had a problem. I was wondering why they rate the school that bad then i felt that i need to write something about it. Great school and crew thanks columbine for taking care of my son

The school was unorganized, lacked discipline policies and cops were there almost weekly. My special ed child was bullied along with other special ed students to the point we had to change schools because our children were having emotional problems. From what I saw any teachers that brought there concerns to Admin staff were put on the do not rehire list which resulted in 3/4 of the staff being replaced. In my opinion you will regret sending your child to this school, the community would be better off closing the school and the district should fire the Principal Ms Yates.

My son seem to love the kindergarten class, his teacher seems very experienced

I am a gentrified parent loving the North City Park neighborhood--and I send my daughter to Columbine. She is entering the third grade, and she has been attending since Kindergarten. The school has been very responsive and honest about her needs--and I believe it imporoves the fabric of the neighborhood with her there. What she gets at Columbine she could never get at a 'choice' school--we'll find her 'niche' school in middle and high school, when individualization really matters. At this point, they challenge and stretch her academically while having her learn invaluable people and empathy skills--ones that can't be replicated once she is a teen. SEND YOUR KIDS HERE IF YOU LIVE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

I love the climate of this school. I have taught here 4 years and every year it seems to get better and better!

Last modified Columbine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.