Posted June 13, 2014
My child was bullied mercilessly and the child who bullied him was given a very public award for basically adhering to the golden rule. What a joke and slap in the face at the same time. The principal is incompetent and throws out a lot of jargon to cover up her biases. We went to the school because of its rating and even though my child is gifted, we couldn't run away fast enough.

Cory Elementary School 2

Posted January 27, 2014
Cory has gone downhill over the past two years. Part of it is due to the lack of funding for para professionals in the classroom by DPS and partly because the focus has become bridging the gap rather than helping all grow. A lot of the GT kids leave by 4th grade because they need to be challenged. The teachers are generally wonderful educators but it's difficult with about 30 kids in a classroom. The principal is inexperienced and it shows.

Posted January 24, 2014
Cory is an awesome school. I'm in 5th grade and have had an amazing time there since I arrived in the 1st grade. The staff members are great and I love my teacher and class, they are the best! I wake up every morning not being able to wait to go to school. I have such a fun time there while knowing that i'm learning a lot too. I could never recommend a better elementary school.

Posted January 22, 2014
We had a horrible experience at Cory. We moved there for the HGT program, and found it to be non-existent. The HGT coordinator never returned a single call or email, and I never saw her in person, despite countless attempts. And I also never saw my child's Advanced Learning Plan, and I'm certain it was not delivered in the classroom. On top of the imaginary HGT program they tout, the principal is not someone who should be allowed to work with children, and her group think tendencies start at the top and bleed down throughout the staff in the school. I genuinely could not wait to get my kid out of this school. If you want your child to thrive in a learning environment that nurtures them and helps them thrive in every area, run as far away as possible from this school.

Posted May 30, 2013
I've had children at Cory for four years now and our experience has been outstanding. It is a wonderful community and the staff there (teachers and paras) are great. They certainly emphasize/focus on academics, while also considering the whole child. Could not be happier.

Posted March 18, 2013
Large class sizes, but that's par fot he course with DPS. Some teachers are good, others not so much. It's a crap shoot. Would reccomend keeping a close eye on every step of your kids education at this school.

Posted January 16, 2013
There's a lot of good parent involvement. But it's still DPS, so you can expect large class sizes and spotty teacher performance. One of my boys excelled here, but the other slipped through the cracks with reading and I'm pretty sure the teacher was more concerned about her upcoming retirement to care.

Posted May 25, 2010
I have had two children complete Cory with two different principals. I couldn't recommend Cory any more highly. The teachers, principals and staff are all extremely child-oriented and the education they provide is excellent. My daughter has special needs as well as being highly gifted and the school accommodated her very well, allowing her to be very successful. My son graduates from Cory tomorrow night and he is very well prepared to go on to a challenging middle school program.

Cory Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Cory has great, dedicated teachers and a very active parent body that supports all kids.

Posted May 24, 2009

Cory Elementary School
1550 South Steele St, Denver, CO  80210
Last modified Cory Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cory Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.