Bad
Good

Posted April 08, 2016
We have a son in 2nd grade. All of his teachers have been great. The administration is lovely. We have no complaints. We are so very happy and so is our son. Go Edison! Keep up the great work!

Posted June 09, 2014
The Principal has done a great job keeping this school relevant. Some teachers need improving or to move on, but for the most part we feel it's a great school with excellent leadership and good teachers. It has good community engagement and outreach with a great community garden and well kept playground. We are glad to be sending our child here.

Posted June 09, 2014
I agree with both prior post from April (2011 & 2012). Edison is a community school, and the school leadership, teachers and district administration can only take it so far. I have to question the people who blame the teachers, or even the principal, for a negative experience at this school.

Posted June 08, 2014
My daughter just finished Kindergarten at Edison. I could not be more pleased with this school. The families, the staff, the teachers, and all the other people we have met, through Edison, are helpful and supportive. We are looking forward to another five years at Edison.

Posted November 15, 2013
We just moved back into the neighborhood and we are excited to be able to send our child Edison. It is a great school with an amazing principal and great teachers.

Edison Elementary School 1

Posted March 01, 2013
Sorry but this school did nothing for my son! He may as well have never been in kindergarten. Signing up to spend time at the "prison" that is locked down is ridiculous. Centennial is much better about parents joining the class. 2 thumbs down.

Posted September 19, 2012
We have been at Edison for 2 years also, after moving from out of state. I truly appreciate the efforts by the staff to serve all students well. I think that the "flooding" concept...moving students to skill-appropriate classes based on their strengths/weaknesses in major subjects...is interesting and has helped my daughter stay strong in areas where she excels. There are tons of after school activities. Teachers seem to be more hit and miss, but I sort of expect that almost anywhere and haven't had a "bad" experience, just some better than others. And some truly outstanding! I know people have griped about the principal but we have had nothing but good experiences.

Posted July 24, 2012
My daughter has been at Edison for 2 years. We have no experience with the former administration. All in all our experience has been outstanding. Their are an amazing number of after school programs, teachers who love our children and work hard at not only fostering life long learners, but being one. However, there is room to improve. You may not like the principal, get an inexperienced teacher and some of the parents may drive you crazy. My child is not in the HGT and she still tests a year advanced. She has made great friends. We have chosen to foster a community that supports each other as well as the teachers.

Posted July 01, 2012
My son and I just moved to Colorado and my son transitioned into Edison in January (half way through the school year). He just finished the 1st grade and I have to say that we had a really great experience at Edison. When I registered him for school the Vice Principle came and shook my hand and welcomed us to the school, she was very friendly as was most of the staff. My son really loved his teacher and there is a really great mix of families and kids there. We will be back next year for sure.

Edison Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2012
The new administration seems to be gutting the school. Some of this is caused by the divide between the HGT and regular classes, but the end effect is that many of the great teachers in both HGT and regular classrooms are either leaving or being forced to leave. Their replacements are generally fresh graduates that are not as capable as the experienced teachers that left. The current school does not have anywhere close to the community involvement it had in prior years. Many of the motivated parents and teachers have moved on and the school is changing dramatically. Test scores are the primary focus at the school rather than learning. The new principal has definitely given a "my way or the highway" which is probably why enrollment actually dropped recently. It seems that with the great teachers going or gone that Edison has become just another middling elementary school with large class sizes and inexperienced teachers.

Edison Elementary School
3350 Quitman Street, Denver, CO  80212
Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.