Denver, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted August 20, 2014
My son has attended Ellis since 3rd grade he is now in 5th grade. I highly recomend this school. my son is a GT student and Ellis has done eveything in thier power to support his academic and social needs. Thhe emphasis on diversity and personal and civic responseibility have been paramount in the social and academic development of my son. The staff from janitor to principle are top notch and really focus on the children. I cannot say enough about the teachers ability and drive to educate. Any problems i have ever had at Ellis have been handled equitably, logicaly and in a timely manner. I have had oppertunities to send my son to different schools but have elected to keep him at Ellis due to thier dilligance and ability to keep him academicaly challenged. This is a public school with integrity and proven results.

Posted October 13, 2012
Ellis Elementary is a great school for my son! He tells me every day that he loves school and comes home at night eager to show me what he has learned during the day. The teachers are caring and compassionate and I know his emotional wellbeing is taken into account by every adult he comes into contact with. Also, as Ellis is such a richly diverse school, he has the opportunity to learn how to navigate cultural and linguistic differences in all of his interactions with his fellow students. The connections that he makes because of this cannot be taught, they must be lived though and experienced. I feel confident that my son will leave Ellis with a love of learning, having gleaned a true 21st Century education and dedication to humanity that will prepare him well for the challenges of our global community.

Posted October 01, 2012
I have been a community partner for 6 years and a parent for 2 years. I could not be happier with the education my kids get. The leadership is some of the most thoughtful I've seen in my 10 years working in and around the public school system. The diversity of the community is valued and there is a lot of attention to what ALL students and parents need. My children learn so much about being part of a global community. The cultural skills they develop are equally as important as the academic skills and Ellis intentionally makes this part of the school experience.

Ellis Elementary School 4

Posted March 30, 2011
My child went to Ellis Elementary School and had a wonderful experience. He learned leadership as well as academics. Last year he graduated from Denver East High School as Valedictorian and is now a Freshman at Stanford. I know that urban schools have their challenges, but we loved the diversity and community-feel of Ellis. They did a fine job preparing my son for a bright future. Steve Garcia, father of former Ellis Student, Nathan Garcia

Posted February 04, 2011
This school is amazing, how there are so many different students here that are from all around the world.

Posted January 25, 2010

Posted January 06, 2010

Ellis Elementary School 0

Posted May 13, 2009
Re: 'The school is dirty and rundown.' This is a school full of wonderful teachers and committed staff. Certainly it does not have the resources for upkeep that a wealthy school like Stanley British has. However, it is a school for learning, from whatever a student's socio-economic class or background.

Ellis Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2009
The school is dirty and rundown.

Posted June 04, 2008
This school is a GEM! I've been working with students, teachers, and administration to make the school more environmentally friendly and I could not have been more impressed. Ellis is a very diverse school with an extremely dedicated and cheerful staff. The school appeared very organized and the students were very well-behaved.

Ellis Elementary School
1651 South Dahlia St, Denver, CO  80222
Last modified Ellis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ellis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top