Denver, CO

Posted May 19, 2014
Love, love, love this school. If you want your kids to learn in a logical hands-on way, and learn about the world and other people in a way that a test can never account for, this is the school for you. It is truly a special place.

Posted April 15, 2014
I rally like Gilpin. It has a family atmosphere about it and my children like going to school.

Posted April 15, 2014
My son is now in 5th grade he has been coming to Gilpin since E.C.E and he has transitioned since it turned Montessori and he will continue Montessori education and I could not be happier with his growth it is an awesome school!!!! My oldest son also attended Gilpin he is now in high school taking honors classes!!!

Posted April 15, 2014
Gilpin is on its way to being a true success story for the Denver Public Schools! As a public Montessori school closest to downtown Denver, it provides access to a quality Montessori education for a diverse student body. Each year gets better and better. My son is in his second year of the primary level, and he has thrived at Gilpin. His teacher runs a disciplined and authentic Montessori classroom. Class sizes are small, teachers are engaged, and parent participation is increasing. I love the attention that is spent on grace and courtesy along with independent learning. Good things are happening here!

Posted April 15, 2014
Gilpin is a great neighborhood Montessori school - one of the few in the nation. There is a wonderful amount of diversity at all ages, and all of the kids seem to thrive in the Montessori environment.

Posted April 10, 2014
My daughter has been attending Gilpin for four years now. The teachers are amazing, the support staff is unbelievable and the parents are so supportive. It is really unfair that they gave the school 1/10 rating.

Posted April 10, 2014
Our daughter thrives at Gilpin Montessori. The relationship she has with her wonderful teacher is priceless. The Gilpin Montessori community is welcoming and continues to strengthen with it's envolved staff and families. I am so thrilled we made the switch to Gilpin. I am excited to be apart of this growing school.

Posted April 07, 2014
Gilpin Montessori is an innovative school, enlists parent and community involvement, and is continuously growing. As a teacher at Gilpin, I would highly recommend this school!

Posted April 02, 2014
We have been at Gilpin for 3 years now. Something I feel is missing from standard education is making sure the foundation is at 100% before continuing onto the higher level instruction. Each child here is guided by teachers individually to ensure they completely understand the lesson before they can move up to the next level. If standardized testing cannot reflect that, it is unfortunate. I would rather my child take time to fully comprehend a concept, then get a "good enough" passing grade and continue on just to keep up with their peers. A building with a stronger foundation can accommodate more levels.

Posted October 24, 2013
We're a few years out from our firstborn being school age, but have already done a tour with Gilpin. We are excited to "choice" into this school and have our kids get a Montessori education. The principal and teacher we met were very thorough in answering our questions and very positive about the changes happening in the school since it has switched to Montessori. A parent on the tour said parent involvement was good and continually improving. My husband wasn't sure what the big deal about Montessori was until he saw what the classrooms were like firsthand. We're excited to start getting involved!

Gilpin Elementary School
2949 California St, Denver, CO  80205
Last modified Gilpin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gilpin Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top