Denver, CO

Posted April 20, 2014
Holm Elementary. My grandson loves the after school activities that he attends. He also enjoys his classroom learning setup, and visiting with his friends.

Posted August 04, 2013
One of the best schools my grandaughter has ever attended .She was actually sad when it came to the last day of school. Alittle too much homework than what she is used to, I don't know if that is because the last two school she attended weren't that good. She is looking forward to going back this year and so is her sister.

Posted June 20, 2012
I bought a home close to this chool and if I had know how rude the parents and administrators at the school are I would have moved elsewhere. The parents block driveways with their cars, throw their trash in the street and the response from adminstrators is "call the police". Clearly the last three lines of the Holm School Promise mean nothing. If they treat the neighbors like that, how do they treat your children?

Posted May 11, 2011
I bought a home in this neighborhood and if I knew that this site was a little off in the demographics I would have bought a house in a different neighborhood. I went to the school to sign my daughter up for Kgarten and they told me that they didn't have a full day program or any before and after programs (mind you I was at the school talking to the adm. person) I asked her what parents that work are suppose to do? She referred me to a different school down the road that was not in my "home" school area. I went home and talked to some of my neighbors who have children in this school,and they told me that the class sizes were going to be 28-38 kids per class with 1 teacher and 1 "parent helper" which is not what this site states. Several of my neighbors also told me that they did offer the before and after program for kindergarten. So I called the school and they said Ohhhh I am sorry you are right I don't know what I was thinking!! At this point I had missed registration.They did offer to "make it right" with me but at that point I had already enrolled her in another school. I feel sorry for any child that has to attend this school that may be shy you will get lost in the masses.

Posted April 12, 2011
Our son is currently going to Holm school for his first grade school year. Mrs. Grossman is our teacher and we could not ask for a better one! Our son has been struggling with reading, but got a lot of extra attention from his teacher and also from "Hamilton Helpers" - students from the neighboring middle school. After just a few weeks he was all caught up. We were a little bit unsure about Holm school because of the low rating that it got. But after almost 8 months at Holm we think that we could not have picked a better school. Holm School is very diverse and this was something very important for our well-traveled family. We love to explore new cultures and therefore Holm is just right for us. Our son's teacher is a very "hip" lady and the kids seem to adore her. Don't be afraid of the low school rating - I think overall it comes down to the parents and how much they are involved in their child's education.

Posted November 17, 2009

Holm Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2009
We are 2.5 weeks in to our son being at this school. It's his first year at school. This is our neighbourhood school also. It wasn't necessarily our first choice, but after much consideration I'm actually really glad that he is here. There is a diverse student body, which is excellent in teaching him the mix of different cultures/languages that make up this universe. I do truely believe that a child's performance at school is an immediate reflection on their upbringing. Don't blame the school, blame the parent. Personally, I'm thrilled that not only will my son be more well rounded in how he looks at the world, because he's now had the oportunity to mix with other ethnicity's that he might otherwise not have had he not had to at school.

Posted August 28, 2009
this is a very good school i love this school and especially mrs kibble as the teacher and also mrs bomback

Posted August 20, 2009
This is our neighborhood school and had I known how horrible this school was, we would have probably purchased our home in a different area. The communication is non-existent and the staff is so rude it is almost surreal. There is absolutely no leadership and it is very obvious in the way the staff talk to parents and children. If you compare this school to other schools in the district---well there is no comparison.

Posted June 06, 2009

Holm Elementary School
3185 South Willow Court, Denver, CO  80231
Last modified Holm Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holm Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top