Denver, CO
Students enrolled: 1,197

John F Kennedy High School 1

Posted June 03, 2011
John F Kennedy High School " is a joke this school has caused me more problems then i can count the only reason my son attended was due to the location if any other school is avaliable i would highly recommend against kennedy all i am going to say is that noone should have to deal with some of the problems ive had at kennedy from bullying to theft. P.S. only a handfull of schools accept the (ib/myp) program. Liked: Disliked:

Posted May 14, 2009
My daughter is at the top of her class and is excelling at JFK. She's involved in sports and other activities (ROTC). She couldn't be happier. I worried after reading the first review about students who aren't in the top of the class, but my other daughter that always struggles with her studies, has found that her teachers have been more than willing to work with her during non-class hours to make sure she understands and succeeds. As the parent said earlier, I've always believed that you get out of school what you put into it, both of my kids put effort into it and both are very happy at Kennedy (so am I) even though their grade standings obviously don't show the same results. I'm happy because they are both learning, both advancing and both enjoying their High School Experience. How could I ask for more?

Posted April 10, 2009
great school! amazing the ib program brings so many more options. the collage credit you can ear is outstanding. you can get over 2 years of collage credit while still in high school it is outstanding.

Posted February 05, 2009
I wasn't originally going to send my kids to Kennedy, but my daughter wanted to bad enough, that I checked it out. I was amazed at what I found out. Not only did I discover that it was a fabulous school (yes, in DPS) but during this first year, I've found out more of the wonderful opportunities available to all students. Parent involvement is amazing, as a whole, students love being there. I don't believe I could have made a better choice for my daughter than JFK. The website needs work, but check it out anyway, just so you can see the video about some of the great things happening at Kennedy. http://jfk.dpsk12.org/

Posted January 08, 2009
As one other parents has commented already, Kennedy is one of Denver's best kept secrets - a public school with a high-performing academic program (the International Baccalaureate program) where the teachers and counselors are dedicated to every student. I selected Kennedy High School for my children, not because it was my only choice, but because it was the best choice.

Posted August 28, 2008
JFK's one of Denver's best kept secrets. Academics are challenging but not overwhelming. The social environment is the most accepting and most involved community I have seen in a HS, the sports programs allow kids to be involved on many levels from novice to scholarship-bound, and it is a small-town school in a large urban district. The MYP program for grades 9 & 10 is a great way for students to prepare for a variety of upper level options and gives students a lot of different experiences through the wide variety of required and optional courses and cuminating MYP project. Both of my kids have/are doing well with it. My son, a junior, has enrolled in the IB diploma programme and is getting a fantastic education -well beyond the typical. I really couldn't ask for a much better HS.

John F Kennedy High School 4

Posted July 16, 2008
I am a parent and our daughter and incoming freshman son will be attending JFK. JFK is a very good school my daughter has done well in academics and sports, she loves the school, the teachers and her classmates. She is pretty popular and alot of other students look to her as a leader. We know our son will excell because he knows what he wants and what he is striving for. We tell our children to be leaders not followers they have done that all of their lives, so we know they will accomplish alot at Kennedy. We tell our children that they are going to Kennedy to make the school a better place, they dont need to attend another school in the area just because some of their classmates are going.........they are leaders not followers!! Excell and Achieve and you shall Exceed in Life. Dont watch make things happen!

Posted February 05, 2008
JFK is a great school to send your child to. I was worried that it wasn't going to be a good time for my child, but now he really enjoys it. the parents are really involved and there are so many activities to choose from. The academics are just getting better, and JFK will become a great school because of the new IB program. The teachers are really involved with the students, and they really do care about their lives and their problems. i strongly believe that John F Kennedy High School is the bes high school in the Southwest Denver Area!

Posted March 21, 2007
I went to John F. Kennedy for all four years of high school. I feel Kennedy provided exceptional academic programs and more. The teachers were involved in the students life and truly wanted to see all students succeed. Extracurricular activities were a great part of JFK. There are so many to choose from. These programs not only are fun, but they teach the student discipline, responsibility, team work, leadership skills, and much more. I would recommend this high school to any one in search of a great school to attend.

John F Kennedy High School 2

Posted October 10, 2006
We currently have 3 children enrolled at JFK. Until recently, we have felt that Kennedy is a great high school. We have argued with other parents stating children get out of school what they put into it. Our oldest is now a Senior and in the very top of her class. We feel she has plenty of opportunity here at JFK since she is in the top 5%. If you are not in the top, you are in Big trouble! Our son is new to Kennedy as a Freshman. He has struggled from day one with academics & his sports. I do not see Teachers & Coaches in the same light as I did-to me they seem very disinterested in their job & the kids. How sad. Never before had we contemplated moving our family due academics & a football program. Now we are considering it. JFK could've been great :O(.

2855 South Lamar St, Denver, CO  80227
Last modified John F Kennedy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F Kennedy High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top