School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I work for JFK and all I know is that the teachers give it their all to help students learn and grow so they are prepared for college. The students are also wonderful people and they have high standards and morals and are always willing to help. I love working at JFK and I know that they are always looking for the next best way to help our students in the Denver area. They also offer the IB program, which helps the students receive college credit, as well as internships and mentorships. Also, the JROTC program is one of the top in the country and attracts a lot of our students to come for JFK.
March 22, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I would like to thank John F. Kennedy's administration for the changes you are making. As a parent of a former student and a current student I feel more supported than ever. Also, my son is getting the support he needs in order to succeed personally and academically. Thank you for going extra mile for our students.

Supports LD students: Agree

This school year the school is doing an outstanding job on this.

Effective school leaders: Agree

The new administration is amazing, outstanding and extremely supportive.

I am currently a special education teacher at JFK. I am also a JFK alumni from 1975. Knowing that what is going on this year with current administration, I would take your student anywhere else but Kennedy. The teachers are disrespected on so many levels, the feeling within the building is so very toxic, and it trickles down to the students. This is a school waiting to implode thanks to the non English speaking administration that we now have. I'm desperately looking for other jobs. Run people run...as far away as you can from this nightmare of a school that I used to call home.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 22, 2016

John F Kennedy High School " is a joke this school has caused me more problems then i can count the only reason my son attended was due to the location if any other school is avaliable i would highly recommend against kennedy all i am going to say is that noone should have to deal with some of the problems ive had at kennedy from bullying to theft. P.S. only a handfull of schools accept the (ib/myp) program. Liked: Disliked:

My daughter is at the top of her class and is excelling at JFK. She's involved in sports and other activities (ROTC). She couldn't be happier. I worried after reading the first review about students who aren't in the top of the class, but my other daughter that always struggles with her studies, has found that her teachers have been more than willing to work with her during non-class hours to make sure she understands and succeeds. As the parent said earlier, I've always believed that you get out of school what you put into it, both of my kids put effort into it and both are very happy at Kennedy (so am I) even though their grade standings obviously don't show the same results. I'm happy because they are both learning, both advancing and both enjoying their High School Experience. How could I ask for more?

great school! amazing the ib program brings so many more options. the collage credit you can ear is outstanding. you can get over 2 years of collage credit while still in high school it is outstanding.

I wasn't originally going to send my kids to Kennedy, but my daughter wanted to bad enough, that I checked it out. I was amazed at what I found out. Not only did I discover that it was a fabulous school (yes, in DPS) but during this first year, I've found out more of the wonderful opportunities available to all students. Parent involvement is amazing, as a whole, students love being there. I don't believe I could have made a better choice for my daughter than JFK. The website needs work, but check it out anyway, just so you can see the video about some of the great things happening at Kennedy. http://jfk.dpsk12.org/

As one other parents has commented already, Kennedy is one of Denver's best kept secrets - a public school with a high-performing academic program (the International Baccalaureate program) where the teachers and counselors are dedicated to every student. I selected Kennedy High School for my children, not because it was my only choice, but because it was the best choice.

Last modified John F Kennedy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.