Denver, CO
Before care: Yes

Lincoln Elementary School 1

Posted November 09, 2014
Lincoln Elementary was a very bad school. It did have great learning though. The teachers were disrespectful to the students and downgraded them. They yelled and insulted the children. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone.

Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2014
What I love about Lincoln Elementary is the school community and the teachers. Lincoln has great teachers and the parent involvement is very good. The one thing that can be improved upon is getting parents more information on how to help their children at home.

Posted August 25, 2014
I have two children at Lincoln Elementary and I could not be more pleased. The principle, Mrs. Spearman is wonderful and there is a strong community feel. They rarely ever have staff turnover and the building is always being updated. Great shool and great families..

Posted August 25, 2014
Lincoln Elementary school is a great fit for my family and our 3 children. The children are excited and happy to go to school every day and the teachers are experienced and easy to talk to. All 3 of our children are in the Montessori program and we couldn't be more pleased. I have also heard good things from parent's and families enrolled in the tradition classroom. The principal, administrative, janitorial and lunchroom staff are all pleasant and well-informed.

Posted July 23, 2014
This year I will have two children going to Lincoln and I can tell you that this school community (Principal Spearman, teachers, staff and parents) is totally dedicated to making Lincoln the BEST elementary school in Denver. Principal Spearman knows all of the children, there are excellent activities for the kids all year long and the community of Wash Park really supports the school. There are large contingents of families that get together outside of school as well which creates an event stronger sense of community. I love the fact that we walk to school with several other families. We are just so lucky to have such a terrific school in our neighborhood. I would highly recommend this school to anyone in the neighborhood!

Posted August 29, 2012
I was a student at Lincoln for five years and am now in middle school i absolutely love this school, it gives you the option to have Montessori and traditional. i love all the teachers, but the principal im not fond, of neither are like 84 percent of parents (my closest guess) but overall this school is amazing. it has extra curricular activities and some many fun things to do. it has a field for sports swings and a playground plenty of room for all the kids. it might be intimedating for little kids to go into that school because of the older kids but i have NEVER seen out of the five years i have been there see a older kid bully a little kid. you only see a little name calling here and there no bullying. i HIGHLY recommend lincoln to anyone.

Posted November 16, 2011
Our oldest child has been in the Montessorri program at Lincoln for five years and we are very satisfied with the program. Our younger child has started this year as well. We're not too fond of the current Principal , but we really liked the two previous ones. Overall, we love this school!

Posted October 20, 2011
I wanted to also comment on the response about student/parents not being happy. I've seen Lincoln with two principles now and have been very happy with both. I was worried when we were getting a new principle when Janice Spearman went on however, I will tell you that she really brings light to that school. She's taken the time to have meetings with me spur of the moment about my son. She's shown a real interest in his education, it's amazing how far along he's come just this year alone! I can't even imagine how challenging it is to be a teacher or a principle this day in age, especially at a public school. I feel very lucky to have gotten my little man into this school. Thank you to the staff and a special thanks to Ms. Erin and Ms. Spearman!

Posted August 10, 2011
I would like to respond to the comment about teachers and students being "unhappy" at Lincoln under the new leadership of Janice Spearman. Unfortunately, this parent is mis-informed. The staff members at Lincoln are very happy with our principal and appreciate her support in anything that we do here. Lincoln is a unique school in that we have both the Montessori program and a traditional program. Both programs work very well with each other. We are ONE staff with high expectations for all students, no matter what program the student is enrolled in. Janice supports both programs equally. What may turn some parents off is the fact that Ms. Spearman also has high expectations for parents. She holds them accountable along with her staff and our students. Lincoln is still a "Distinguised" school as we have been over the past four years. The teachers work very hard at Lincoln to ensure success for all students and we do this under the wonderful leadership of Ms. Spearman along with the other amazing principals we have been blessed to have over the past five years. Please do not ever get the impression that teachers and students are unhappay at Lincoln based on one opinion.

Posted July 14, 2011
I would agree with other reviews in that the montessori program is favored in the school and supported by the parent population. But, I found that the traditional program has higher expectations for my child, provides them with technology, and has more diversity in the classroom. I have had my child in both the traditional and montessori programs and overall Lincoln is an excellent school.

Lincoln Elementary School
710 South Pennsylvania St, Denver, CO  80209
Last modified Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top